It's the all singing, all dancing enabling Thread #4

rylla

I can't help but be so enamored with the Tarot Illuminati's overly vivid, dreamlike RWS-ness. Help me out here ;)

It is how you describe it. I like it for the same reason. Very nicely done, a very pleasant deck, easy to read with and gives me good results.

Morwenna

Kat Black's Golden

How much do I want this?

FLizarraga

How much do I want this?

This is the mother of all collaged decks. It's done with exquisite taste, and IMHO an intimate knowledge of Tarot --not just another pretty RWS clone, but a deck that actually brings interesting insights to the table. The golden borders and gilt edges are luxurious, but it works even better trimmed. Oh, and it's not even rare or expensive!

If that works for you... })

MoonGypsy

How much do I want this?

A lot...a whole lot...Much...very,very much!!! :D

Can i imagine NOT having the Golden? No...i cannot.;) i have had tons of
decks come and go over the years...but i have always had a Golden since
it first was published...LOVE Kat Black!!! LOVE!

Padma

Morwenna, did you ever get the Golden...? I do love mine... :)

Nemia

You want it very very much. I usually find the use of well known art irritating in tarot decks - won't buy the Tarot of Delphi and traded away my Art of Life. I'm an art historian (Medieval/Renaissance art) so I know the art Kat Black used. A difference in lighting, proportion irritates me. I'm really difficult with decks that recycle art. I swallow the Botticelli and Klimt decks because the artist is sensitive and deviates from the originals in technique and expression. Still, I find it difficult to read with them.

BUT no such problems with the Golden. Kat Black really transforms these images. I no longer see the original work of art, I see a tarot card. She did violence neither to the art nor to the tarot. And that's wonderful. (In the Touchstone, she did violence to one of my most beloved paintings - but not in the Golden. I like the Touchstone nevertheless, her work is SO good.)

And if I say so.... ;-) .... it must be true.

Great reading deck, too.

rylla

(not that this short comment would help but) I LOVE the Golden too!

ctrymaus

I too love the Golden by Kat Black. For some reason, it's a very comforting deck for me.

CountryMouse

Miss Divine

Ahhh the Golden..:) I am another Golden lover. I love it so much that I have a matte, 1 glossy trimmed, and another untrimmed glossy. :D

Dark Victory '39

I've become a fan of the Golden almost against my will, (not that tarot is a hostage-type situation). I actually stood in front of it in a charity shop and yawned and said, oh you're going to be so boring aren't you? And then i took it home-- 7 bucks-- i mean, what are you going to do. Nope, not boring at all. (I was just doubly suspicious because it never worked out between me and Touchstone.)