Contacting Spirit Guides through Tarot

recsirec

Is it conventional to talk to spirit guides through the cards? Or even possible or recommended? I think I did so tonight and I probably should have researched better beforehand. I did some chakra clearing and meditated and focused on gratitude and love beforehand so that I would be protected, but I met two spirits and one may not have been good.

Am I worrying for no reason? Any advice?

Kristyjnh

I've contacted my guides through tarot before, I even talked with a friend's guide at her behest. I've also used them to contact non-guide spirits (tonight actually at my Aunt and Uncles) like ghosts. When I contact "ghost" spirits, I always go through my main guide, asking him to speak with the entity I'm communicating with and relay the answers. I do this when using my pendulum as well. I feel like it keeps them from getting into my protection.

recsirec

When I contact "ghost" spirits, I always go through my main guide, asking him to speak with the entity I'm communicating with and relay the answers. I do this when using my pendulum as well. I feel like it keeps them from getting into my protection.

That's funny you should mention that because the good spirit, Judgement, told me he was here to help me contact my mother who passed away 6 years ago. He even said he would relay a message to her tonight. I felt compelled to tell her "I'm watching over you." Even though this may seem opposite of the relationship we should have!! I'm excited but confused about the whole experience.

Apollonia

Is it conventional to talk to spirit guides through the cards? Or even possible or recommended? I think I did so tonight and I probably should have researched better beforehand. I did some chakra clearing and meditated and focused on gratitude and love beforehand so that I would be protected, but I met two spirits and one may not have been good.

No, you are not worrying for no reason. If this is something you really want to do, preparation is key, just as it would be if you were planning a hike into unknown wilderness.

I have worked in this realm for quite a while now, and in my experience, any time you invite interaction with the spirit realm, simply clearing one's chakras, meditating, and focusing on gratitude and love will not shield you from tricksters and non-human entities. These low vibrational energies can and will take on the personalities of a loving guide, or your departed loved ones, in order to have a little fun with you. You need to have a way of knowing absolutely that you are communicating with the spirit you wished to connect with, not some low life who thinks it's funny to mess with you. They will often start out very loving and give you a lot of information that sounds like it is coming from your spirit guide or a loved one. Then when your guard is totally down and you trust them because you think you know who you are dealing with, they will say something devastatingly mean or frightening.

If you are serious about wanting to work with spirits, you will need to do some serious work beforehand, or you may end up with a lot of dicey energy around you that I guarantee will be more difficult to eradicate than it was to acquire. Opening yourself up to any and all spirits who want to come visit you is very much like unlocking all the doors to your home and then going into a bad neighborhood and posting a sign that reads "Open House - Everybody Welcome!" with your address underneath.

I highly recommend studying some material on working with your own guides, such as Rose Vanden Eynden's So You Want to be a Medium, and establishing a solid connection with your Gatekeeper guide and an archangel or two before you venture too much farther into this area.

recsirec

I have worked in this realm for quite a while now, and in my experience, any time you invite interaction with the spirit realm, simply clearing one's chakras, meditating, and focusing on gratitude and love will not shield you from tricksters and non-human entities. These low vibrational energies can and will take on the personalities of a loving guide, or your departed loved ones, in order to have a little fun with you.

Why would it be easier to contact evil spirits than good ones? I'm now thinking both the spirits I contacted may have been demons. The one told me he would take a message to my mother, but now hes telling me that she's in love with him and I need to help her get over it. This is getting very weird.

gregory

Why would it be easier to contact evil spirits than good ones? I'm now thinking both the spirits I contacted may have been demons. The one told me he would take a message to my mother, but now hes telling me that she's in love with him and I need to help her get over it. This is getting very weird.
Because they WANT to get into places and attack. Good spirits only tend to show up when asked or at least NEEDED. Bad ones are looking for an opportunity to get into your head; they have no interest in restraining themselves !

Apollonia

Because they WANT to get into places and attack. Good spirits only tend to show up when asked or at least NEEDED. Bad ones are looking for an opportunity to get into your head; they have no interest in restraining themselves !

Yup, this. Just like con men, they are always looking for an opening and someone who will believe in their pitch.

Grizabella

Don't forget that serial killers and other really wicked spirits pass on to the other side of the veil, too. And they don't have any nice, peaceful place to go to, so they're just hanging around to see what other devilment they can create with those of us still here.

GoldenWolf

Although it may be possible to contact spirit guides through the Tarot, I've never done so. I'm a certified medium and minister and typically contact spirit guides and loved ones who have passed on through clairvoyance and later on through trance mediumship. You might find protection with prayer or surrounding yourself with white light to be more helpful. Remember, you always have free will to shut down and not communicate with any questionable spirits. People don't change drastically when they die. If they were a bad person in life, they will not become a saint just because they are in spirit.

The book that Apollonia mentioned from Rose Vanden Eyden is a good resource. The author just gave a sermon and messages at the local church I attend this Sunday as a matter of fact. She's certified through the same organization as myself so it's a solid source of information.

If possible, you might want to seek out an experienced medium to attend classes with rather than attempt communication on your own. They can be helpful in teaching you have to develop a relationship with one of your guides to screen out the undesirables, to protect yourself, and to sort out the good from the bad. Just make sure that you check them out thoroughly beforehand.

nisaba

A friend of mine died a couple of years ago, and has turned into a spirit guide of sorts. :)

Every so often if I feel he's around and he's not loud enough for me to hear, I'll pull out a deck, shuffle, cut, ask "What does D. want to tell me?" and spread three cards. They always make a sentence that is idiosyncratic enough to have come straight out of his mouth.