Contacting Spirit Guides through Tarot

NeaTheCat

When I started to read on this forum I found some spreads here created to connect with Spirit Guides.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=113333&highlight=spirit+guide

Sorry if I go a bit off topic now but I wanted to ask if someone perhaps recognize it or know something about it.

When I meditate (I sometimes use guided meditation also) and try to contact my Spirit Guides I never get to see their faces. They are always covered in some sort of robe with a hood that cover their faces and I never get any answers when I ask why.

Should I be worried that they wont show me their faces? Any thoughts?

Alta

Sorry, but this a tarot section and we ask that a discussion strictly around guides etc be conducted in the Spirituality section. Posts related to the topic of contacting Guides via tarot are of course fine.

Alta

NeaTheCat

Sorry, but this a tarot section and we ask that a discussion strictly around guides etc be conducted in the Spirituality section. Posts related to the topic of contacting Guides via tarot are of course fine.

Alta

OK. Sorry.

ravenest

Is it conventional to talk to spirit guides through the cards? Or even possible or recommended? I think I did so tonight and I probably should have researched better beforehand. I did some chakra clearing and meditated and focused on gratitude and love beforehand so that I would be protected, but I met two spirits and one may not have been good.

Am I worrying for no reason? Any advice?

It certainly isnt conventional ! You could have used any of the opposite terms to describe that belief; abnormal different extraordinary irregular rare uncommon unusual .

Totally ignoring the validity of the idea or or even if it possible or not ... it certainly isnt conventional.

Placebo Scotsman

The main reason I am using tarot at this point in my life is because it's part of a three tier system I use to get messages from entities.

There is what gets put in my head, what I can read in the cards and occasionally the impressions I can gather from automatic writing.

I am not worried about demons as much as I am about sock puppets, which, if you are dealing with beings of a more ambivalent nature, can prove to be down right dangerous.

The sockpuppets, if you don't hang in the circles where the term is commonly used and understood, are the products of your own mind taking something that actually exists and spinning a web of imagination and fantasy about it. Eventually the sockpuppet can replace and cut off contact with the entity, and some might take umbrage with the sort of fantasies being attributed to it.

So, yeah, I have evolved this complex mode of self checking mode of communication to stay more sure of what I am dealing with.

This doesn't completely screen out problems with impersonations, but so far, on the rare occasions I think it has happened, have been able to detect it within hours or days.

Nothing to do with demons as such, some of the beings I deal with have, let's just say. political issues with others, kinda of like "My realm should have more influence on the mortal sphere than your realm" type of stuff

ivanna

And how did you conntacted them throught tarot? Did you made some kind of invocation before, or you just asked something similar to "it's any message from my gtandaddy to me?"
In the last option I see no dangers as you aren't calling any entitie, isn't it?

Placebo Scotsman

The initial contact came through dreams that started in early child hood, not though tarot

I tried working with divination again and again through my adult life with out much success

And then about three years ago the subject of those dreams started breaking through in to my waking consciousness

Her friends and family soon followed

I use tarot to either confirm what is being told to me or get notice that there was some issue that I needed to pursue

Since then my skill with divination seems to have improved rapidly

The links I have with my patroness are strong enough to make any invocation redundant, I just shift my mental focus towards her or who ever she wants me to deal with

recsirec

It certainly isnt conventional ! You could have used any of the opposite terms to describe that belief; abnormal different extraordinary irregular rare uncommon unusual .

Totally ignoring the validity of the idea or or even if it possible or not ... it certainly isnt conventional.

Well I initiated contact again and this spirit identified himself with the temperance card. The cards told me this one was full of love and light, hope they were right. I asked him to tell me about himself and one of the cards was the hierophant reversed. I asked if this meant he was unconventional and he said yes! haha

recsirec

And how did you conntacted them throught tarot? Did you made some kind of invocation before, or you just asked something similar to "it's any message from my gtandaddy to me?"
In the last option I see no dangers as you aren't calling any entitie, isn't it?

I made an invocation.