Contacting Spirit Guides through Tarot

SunChariot

Is it conventional to talk to spirit guides through the cards? Or even possible or recommended? I think I did so tonight and I probably should have researched better beforehand. I did some chakra clearing and meditated and focused on gratitude and love beforehand so that I would be protected, but I met two spirits and one may not have been good.

Am I worrying for no reason? Any advice?

As I understand the term Spirit Guide, it refers to a spiritual force very similar to an angel made up of love and with only your best interests at heart. The only difference between an angel and a spirit guide is that Angels have not lived as humans before for the most part and Spirit Guides are our loved ones who have passed on who are still there in the other realm watching over us.

That is what I read about it and what the term means in my understanding. In that case, no nothing to worry about.

But if you are talking about just meeting up with unknown spirits, I wouldn't recommend that. As you said some may not be as "good". If a Spirit, in general, is someone who has passed on, there are some people who've lived on this planet who are not someone you'd want to connect with. Although in all my years as a reader I've never connected with anything not pure light and love.

Intention means a lot. I don't think you can accidentally connect to something negative. If you try to connect to something positive that is what you should get. But if you just ask to connect to A spirit in general...maybe I wouldn't do that.

I don't think all the chakra clearing is necessary personally, just my opinion. But I think it's important to be clear inside on what you are trying to connect to.

Honestly all I did at the start as a reader was to ask that all my answers from that point forward come from a place of pure love and that the answers come directly from my angels. I never did more than that. But it has always worked out just as I asked for. If you ask the answers to come from that source, imo, it will. I never had to ask twice. There is no spirit out there of whatever has passed on that is stronger than an angel. Imo, if you ask the answer come from there they will from that point forward. Nothing else needed. If you ask from your heart, it should work just that way.

That is my experience anyway.

Babs