6 of cups - what am I missing?

Watersign

It could depend on the deck you used on your side.
With the imagery of the Rider-Waite there are some hints at the past, and a kind of nostalgy.
Sometimes I look at the cards in my Tarot of the Sevenfold Mystery and with this latest the meanings are more in relation to take care or to look after at one's pace, peacefully. I think that the Knight of Wands is looking for new territories, or to go beyond what is already known.
This card could be a bit uncomfortable or exciting, it depends on you. Probably with the first card that you pulled you will be careful, even though "to be an adventurer" could be a temptation!

Thanks decan, yes being an "adventurer" is often appealing to me but my carefulness often rules out haha.

Watersign

I think what's it's saying is that these new people you are going to meet will trigger something in you that's related to your past so you can heal it, move on, or maybe even embrace that feeling. Whatever it is. Not necessarily something negative. You could meet someone who dearly reminds of a good memory of times past. I've received a the Ace Of Wands more often for something being activated than I have as a card of taking action, or things moving forward. It's more like the match that lights an unexpected fire.

The Knight Of Wands in general speaks of situations which are of a temporary nature. So it could be an opportunity that suddenly appears but you have to act on it now, rather than hold back or you'll miss your chance. I only give it a negative connotation if it's specifically coming up to denote a particular love interest, in which case he'll be fun but not in it for the long haul. Holiday romance (Ace wands, KoW & 6 Cups) is a perfect example of this card combination, and again not always negative depending upon what you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help Absynthe, I don't see this combination as negative myself but an interesting contrast. I could see how it could be telling me not to hold back, that's something I do too much and I feel like it's caused me to miss out in the past. Hmm.