An Almost Marseilles Deck !

The 78th Fool

Some of you will know that I've just completed a complete revision of my original deck, the Butler Tarot, to bring it upto the standard of my current work. As always however, the worst thing about the whole project was finishing !

It's getting to the stage where I get fidgety if I'm not working on a tarot deck. How neurotic is that ?!

As such, I've started work on something I've wanted to do for ages - a pip card deck with quite a bit of Marseilles inspiration, although there's just enough deviations and irreverant alterations to infuriate the average purist!!

Here are the first four cards - I'll post the next four shortly. Having got off to a good start I'll be taking a natural break for the next week as I go on holiday. It should allow the ideas to ferment a little before I resume work.

Hope you like !

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 01_06_Amoureux.jpg
    01_06_Amoureux.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 01_14_Temperance.jpg
    01_14_Temperance.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 01_18_Lune.jpg
    01_18_Lune.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 189
  • 01_19_Soleil.jpg
    01_19_Soleil.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 158

The 78th Fool

Here are the other four completed images. Forgot to mention - this is dedicated to Kay Stopforth, fellow Quantum Git and author extraordinaire for the impact our collaborations have had on my work.

Chris. xx

Attachments

• 01_00_Mat.jpg
    01_00_Mat.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 01_01_Bateleur.jpg
    01_01_Bateleur.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 168
  • 01_09_Hermite.jpg
    01_09_Hermite.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 01_17_Etoile.jpg
    01_17_Etoile.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 164

baba-prague

Heehee! Wonderfully fresh take on the Marseilles. I look forward to seeing more.

Leo62

The 78th Fool said:
Forgot to mention - this is dedicated to Kay Stopforth, fellow Quantum Git and author extraordinaire for the impact our collaborations have had on my work.
Aw shucks, *blush* Thank-you Chris :love:

I think these would make a great "mini" deck - I particularly like the Star - and love the dayglo colours!

Little Baron

I love them Chris. I really do. Fab. This is my favourite of everything you have done so far. Really basic. But also really imaginative. This proves how ideas do not need to be overcomplicated to be effective.

LB

Knight of Wands

Wow!

Love them :D

The 78th Fool

Glad you all like these ! I'm glad I'm going away for a few days though - There are certain cards I haven't got a clue how I'm going to approach !! I'm hoping a dose of the Lake District will provide the neccessary inspiration.

Chris. xx

Little Baron

Have a good trip Chris. And look forward to seeing more.

LB

jackdaw*

Oh, they look like fun! :D

Alta

I like the style Chris. Less detail but enough form and colour. Looks attractive and very readable.