Harry Potter fans! My new oracle

Chronata

This came about because I have this last minute gig to travel back home and do the last big event for the HP book release.

I have done these in the past, for the last couple of book releases, and I always like to do a little divination for people.
I used the Madame Endora (which is really good for this!) but I really wanted to use something that was more Harry Potter specific...
But not necessarily something with Harry in it...more like what the average wizard in his world might use.

Someone said...why don't you just create an oracle?

and I said...yeah right...like I have the time!

well...the more I got to thinking about it, the more I was inspired...and it's amazing what you can do when you are inspired!!!

This deck is called the Wizarding World Oracle and I only managed 30 cards.

Now...if you expect great art...please don't look! :D

When I say I did these quick...I mean...I cranked them out in the time it takes to watch the first movie! (except for the Hogwarts cards...which were done earlier and were sitting in my computer waiting for a project like this!)

overall...I think it took 6 hours to draw, scan, cut and laminate this whole deck.

With more time, I would habve done cleaner images, and probably a lot more of them (I would have loved to have cards for places and settings too!)

anyway...here they are...
I already see some wonderful meanings cropping up for each card...and I'm sure when I get to use them, more will emerge!

There isn't really a form or structure to this one...but I kind of grouped them in a way that makes sense.
Enjoy...more cards will be in the next post!

Attachments

• wizardworld founders.jpg
    wizardworld founders.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 281
  • wizardworld Quiddich.jpg
    wizardworld Quiddich.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 234
  • wizardworld critters1.jpg
    wizardworld critters1.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 233
  • wizardworld critters2.jpg
    wizardworld critters2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 226

Chronata

Here's the rest of the cards...all the magical stuff!

(and yes...I know there is at least one misspelling! I did them so fast...next time I'll slow down more!)

Attachments

• wizardworld stuff1.jpg
    wizardworld stuff1.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 220
  • wizardworld stuff2.jpg
    wizardworld stuff2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 213
  • wizardworld stuff3.jpg
    wizardworld stuff3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 204
  • wizardworld stuff4.jpg
    wizardworld stuff4.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 203

Annabelle

Oh My God . . . . these are FANTASTIC! Your flair for color and for capturing movement is amazing . . .

As a HUGE fan of everything Harry Potter . . and as a huge fan of YOUR work, please please please please tell us that you'll eventually be making some copies available for sale!?! :D

a_shikhs

Whistles loudly.. :D Chronata, those cards are BEAUTIFULLLLL!!!! They are so cool and perfect for all Harry Potter fans. :thumbsup: I love all the cards so far but a few favourites are the Invisibility Cloak, Books, Wand, Broomstick, Potions, Dementor, Dragon, Unicorn and the list goes on and on.... :D Can't wait to see more cards. I'm in love with these cards. :love:

Chronata

I think I might get in big trouble if I attempt to sell them! :D
(not looking forward to the cease and desist letters from WB!)

But I will probably put them on a site where they can be downloadable!

Thanks so much guys!
I'm glad you like them!

Pao

wow these are owesome!!!! i love harry potter, geat job!! :D

Pumpkin

Wowza!! They are cute as ever!! Put my name on a list if you should ever decide to make a limited edition please.

edit to add..
I didn't even think about getting in trouble for them. Oh but downloadable sounds great too. :D

BodhiSeed

Chronata,
You did these in 6 hours?!?! You are one amazing woman! The Harry Potter fans are going to love their readings with this oracle! Great choices for the cards too!

Bodhran

Elven

WOW!! Yeah!! *mad applause* :p :party:
Awesome Chronata!! They look fabulous!!
I adore your work!

These will be a great hit at the gig!
If you put them online - please PM me when you do! I'd love a set!
You are sooooo much fun!!

Thanks for the pics! These made my morning!

:thumbsup:

Blessings Elven x

6 Haunted Days

These are just amazing! As usual they have your energy of excitement, movement and magic. I haven't read the books but I have seen all the movies....I can only imagine the great response you're going to get with these cards at your event....Wheeeee wish I was there :D