Another Steampunk deck...

Elendil

...is now available.

The Steampunk Tarot by John and Caitlin Matthews is now published (with illustrations by Will Kinghan). It is the same collaborative team that brought us the Lost Tarot of Nostradamus recently. From what I have seen so far it certainly seems to be definitely more 'steampunk' than merely 'Victoriana'...

Has anyone else picked up this deck yet?

VGimlet

Nice a very interesting take on Steampunk. Not for me though, I am a little burned out on steampunk/gothic decks ATM.

Yay, it always makes me happy when I can say 'not me' , LOL, except when I decide I want it after it's OOP, and have to pay 6x what it cost when it was IN print.

karenquilter

Looks nicely done, but not my taste.
K

ladybird

Wow, I can't believe there's yet another Steampunk tarot. Why not name it something different since there are already two other decks with the same name? I'll not bet getting this since I just received the Steampunk Tarot by Moore as a birthday gift. I usually do not like CGI decks but Moore's deck has a subtle-ness to it that I actually like.

The other Steampunk Tarot by Charissa Drengson (etsy) was on my wishlist for a long time but some of our fellow ATers de-enabled me. :) That deck always intrigued me as I tend to be more attracted to collage decks but I only want decks that I can read with. Otherwise I'm going to run out of room in my house if I collect them for art, there are so many beautiful decks. I have a couple "art decks" and that's enough for me, at least for now.

gregory

I've been lucky enough to meet the prototype in person. It is far and away the most Steampunk of the three, IMHO, though I do love Barbara/Aly's.

Annabelle

I'm really looking forward to the Matthews' Steampunk tarot, but I think it isn't available in the U.S. yet? Amazon.com has it as not released till Spring, here.

La Force

I will have to agree that this steampunk tarot is not for me, I far more much prefer the steampunk tarot by BM&AF. The imagery is dreamy, soft subtle, relaxing to the eyes, and it is read ready right of the box. I have found that with BM steampunk is universal in it's meaning you can use both Thoth and RWS systems (GD). So I am going to stay with BM's Steampunk, thanks for the announcement of this new version of steampunk

Metafizzypop

I'm really looking forward to this deck. I own other decks from John and Caitlin Matthews, which I love. I don't think I'll be disappointed by this one. Though I do agree that giving it a different title would have been a good idea. Like the Steampunk Visions Tarot, or the Steampunk Dreams Tarot, or the Have You Had Enough Steampunk Yet Tarot.......

Tibor

This deck has been on my wish list for quite some time. Maybe I will order it tonight :)