Bags for WU tarot

RiverRunsDeep

Wild Unknown is one of my favorite decks, but I'm a little disillusioned with their pricing for the tarot bags. No one has gone so far as to say that they are ugly, but I will say it.....they are fricking ugly. Nothing special about them. I'm sad to think they are banking on the popularity of the deck with overpriced accessories. Totally onboard with the Sulis bags!

Zephyros

I don't know if I would say that they are ugly, exactly, but that's a matter of taste. But I agree that they seem to be going overboard with the merchandising, what with the $16 incense and $25 tea.

rylla

I love the WU deck but lately their advertising appears on my screen EVERYWHERE on the websites I am using. On facebook, on blogs, on google. It starts to become annoying and I am starting to have resentment toward the deck as a result. These bags for $30? - no way!

Tippyjane

The WU bags are fugly.

I treasure the Sulis bags I have and will be ordering more. They are beautifully made!

Cocobird55

i have lots of bags from Sulis, and they are all wonderful. She made one that she uses for her WU, and i have that one too. Perfect for the deck.

DaughterOfDanu

i have lots of bags from Sulis, and they are all wonderful. She made one that she uses for her WU, and i have that one too. Perfect for the deck.
I'd love to see, if you don't mind :) I'm always curious what material/pattern people find resonates with them and their copy of the WU.

With my copy's bag I used a soft gray for the body of the bag and then had 7 rows of colors, from red at the bottom to purple at the top all in the order of the rainbow/chakras. I was inspired by the Ten of Pentacles card and the gray/color scheme reminds me of the color pop effect throughout the deck. For the Animal Spirit Oracle I kept it a little simpler. I used black for the body and 4 rows of colors red, yellow, green, and blue to represent the element suits of the deck with a whale tail charm representing my favorite animal spirit.

Beanfeasa

Little red tarot have someone who will make custom ordered bags to suit any deck. They keep in mind the style and will recreate a card if that is what the customer wants, I've seen stunning Thoth (2 of Pentacles) bag on her website, prices are subject to order. I'd much rather pay over the norm for a bag like this or a bag fro Sulis. They are worth it, the wu bags are a little uninspiring.

Hope you are having a speedy recovery Sulis x

Cocobird55

Have no way to take a picture of the bag Sulis made, so i will describe it. it has very muted colors. in fact, that reminds me of the deck. The foreground consists of grey butterflies. i have always thought that it is perfect for the deck.

DaughterOfDanu

Have no way to take a picture of the bag Sulis made, so i will describe it. it has very muted colors. in fact, that reminds me of the deck. The foreground consists of grey butterflies. i have always thought that it is perfect for the deck.
Sounds lovely :)

I think a lot of the dismay about the WU bags has to do with our expectations of the WU tarot. We were introduced to a gorgeous deck with obvious thought and love put into it and then another deck with equal beauty-the Animal Spirit Oracle. And while the hype is up we're then given two very simple patterned bags that just fall so short of what we've come to associate the brand itself with. I hope there will be other bags (and a price drop!), maybe of specific cards. I'd love to see a Three of Wands bag.

Laura Borealis

I'm probably alone in this but I like them. I like the snakeskin pattern; it looks like maybe a custom fabric designed by the deck artist. It's a good fit for the deck, being spare and simple. They don't look badly made, either, though obviously mass produced, not lovingly crafted like Sulis's.

The only quibble I have is the price, but I reckon a lot of their fan base has the disposal income to afford it.