BBC getting harder to find

nisaba

I have to admit that <mumble> the Fantastic Menagerie is the only babadeck I own currently <<sadness>>.

There are two that really, really don't appeal: the BG which to me just looks unutterably gloomy and boring (I know people like that!) and the BBC, beloved of Gregory (which is why I will never marry her), where each and every cat looks as if it were throttled in its sleep by a serial killer, then hit by an apprentice taxidermist. They wear nice outfits, but that doesn't detract from the essential horror of the cats themselves.

However, the FM, already in my highly appreciative hands, is quite eponymous as far as I am concerned and I'm delighted with it; and everything else other than those two sad lapses of judgement on the part of the crew are on the urgent end of my wish-list, waiting for me to find myself paying work again.

nisaba

zan_chan said:
I'll give you a topic: Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island.
<randomly goes outside and does silly chicken-dance in the street>

shadowdancer

gregory said:
TRIMMED ? GOLD ?????

I am SHOCKED. I need to lie down.

oh come on guys, it isn't as if I have been clubbing baby seals in my back garden, or stealing soothers from babies whilst the mum's aren't watching.

They look fine honest.

:D :D

I could have done worse. Each cat could have ended up with a felt penned moustache and pair of glasses but I didn't. (HONEST)

cardlady22

shadowdancer is an exquisite trimmer! I am devoting an entire sub-collection to housing her traveling children.

*applause & roses showered about*

missy

shadowdancer said:
I could have done worse. Each cat could have ended up with a felt penned moustache and pair of glasses but I didn't. (HONEST)

:laugh: :D

Okay I'd like to order ONE GROUCHO MARX Baroque Bohemian Cats please! :D

Celice

nisaba said:
the BBC, beloved of Gregory (which is why I will never marry her), where each and every cat looks as if it were throttled in its sleep by a serial killer, then hit by an apprentice taxidermist. They wear nice outfits, but that doesn't detract from the essential horror of the cats themselves.

LMAO... Wow that's amazing. But seriously it shows how much we all have different tastes.

And shadowdancer, if the BBC gold arrives with mustaches on it I want a refund.

:D :D

Celice

cardlady22 said:
shadowdancer is an exquisite trimmer! I am devoting an entire sub-collection to housing her traveling children.

*applause & roses showered about*

Ok I'm glad someone has something positive to say. I was starting to feel like I committed a great taboo by buying a "defiled" BBC deck. Hahaha

cardlady22

Almost anything 'defiled' is worth picking up and giving a new environment in which to sprout! })

And to stay on topic, the BBC 1st edition is the only deck I have bought 3 times. I even proselytized it in a Give Away.

nisaba

shadowdancer said:
<laughter> *That* could be the deck of choice for the Gay Mardi-Gras! (for the chemically-enhanced).

Moona

nisaba said:
...each and every cat looks as if it were throttled in its sleep by a serial killer, then hit by an apprentice taxidermist. They wear nice outfits, but that doesn't detract from the essential horror of the cats themselves.

:laugh: This litterally made me snort my morning coffee and wipe tears of laughter of my eyes. I was enabled to order BBC and I´m still happily waiting for it, but how can I ever look at them without remembering this vision?? Maybe this is going to be my humour deck. I don´t have any humorous cards yet...