Bohemian Gothic...if there IS another...

greatdane

I agree, Karen!

Since we don't know yet how much they will be. I will be thrilled with ONE, but I have limited resources. I didn't expect to get the Samhain Deck of the Bastard, but that was a must have surprise out of the blue! Couldn't turn it down. And I will definitely want another BG if there are changes, so yeah, I could use a little time to save up!

ladybird

They are not going to be using the same printers they used for the VR2. It sounds like they had way too many problems with quality control in China. There was mention of a printer in Germany. Knowing that information, I would guess that the cards stock will almost certainly not be the same.

There probably won't be gilt edges either. Just my guess from conversations over the last year about why they chose to print the VR2 in China. Because they could do the gilt edging at a more affordable price. That doesn't mean that their German printer can't do gilt edges. I just wonder if they will since it's so much more expensive to gilt decks in Europe. My guess here would be no gilt edges.

There hasn't been talk of pricing but it sounds like they will most likely have the BOGO3 available at the end of September! I've been waiting for a long time for one. I hope that I will be able to read with this deck in time for Halloween!

Ps. For those who have issues with the Lover's card, I have a good feeling that it may be changed...everyone keeps mentioning that card specifically on FB. It seems like they are taking it under consideration. I've no comparison as I've never had either edition but it's interesting that so many dislike that card in particular. Thought you nonFBers might like to know that it's a good possibility.

ETA: correction "we will open pre-orders, all being well, before the end of September."

greatdane

Thank you for that news, LadyBird!

I would happily forego gilt edges in favor of great printing on great cardstock! And really, I think they could basically keep the same images as the second, perhaps change the cardstock and since they usually add an extra card, just make that another Lovers card and many would be happy. Of course it's nice to see a few changes in a few cards to make an edition different, but honestly, except for the Lovers in the second, I was happy. If pre orders start the end of September, and I would guess they would, they are PRE orders after all so it gives them time to iron out issues, I would definitely be watching for it!

karen0205

Karen has posted 2 cards so far showing the changes and they are very minor.
I like the changes, brings out the details more but nothing significant. I think
if you like the 2nd you will like the 3rd. It's not going to be a totally different
version that feels different. I'm glad, I love this deck.

greatdane

Hmmmm

Well but I HAVE the second....I saw those changes and not sure why really even made, except to say it's not EXACTLY like the second, but either way, it's fine. I think if those are the only changes made, those who have the second won't really feel a need for the third. It will be for those who missed out on having a BG and that's great. I wouldn't get another one just to have with those changes, it's almost exactly like the one I have now. But if those are the only changes made, it will save me some money and likely others who have the second edition. I'm waiting to see if the extra card will be a Lovers card, like they did with the last Vic Rom...they had two Lovers for that one, maybe they will for this one. I also wondered about the cardstock and according to what I read on FB, it's kind of up to the printer? It said they use different printers and sounded like they didn't know what cardstock would be like. I'm sure it will be good cardstock whatever it is.

karen0205

I know they are only supposed to revise a few cards, I'm sure it will be more than 2 but
probably not too many. When you get into all that work of redoing an entire deck it
takes the ease out of reprinting. I imagine there will be a new box cover, new extra
card, etc. so it will be enough to distinguish it from the 2nd but maybe not enough
for everyone who has the 2nd to buy one. We'll have to watch and see!

greatdane

So true, Karen

I am anxious to see where it all ends up! It's always fun to see a deck roll out and what changes there are.

Melia

Ps. For those who have issues with the Lover's card, I have a good feeling that it may be changed...everyone keeps mentioning that card specifically on FB. It seems like they are taking it under consideration.

Well, if they ditch the 2nd edition lovers card that would be a shame for me, as I MUCH PREFER IT to the 1st edition. It's one of my favourite cards in the deck ... I think it's a much more progressive card than the 1st version lovers card, and for this reason I do not understand why 'apparently' so many people dislike it. The new lovers card reads really well, and with any deck/imagery it's all about how it reads. The image that I hope they would re-do is the Queen of Swords. They had it right in the 1st edition imo (a great QOS); whereas the 2nd edition version (with fangs ... pleeeeaaassse) is wrong/cringe worthy, and they missed the real essence of what the QOS is about. Just my 2 cents, as my voice isn't loud enough to shout over the top of the megaphone speakers.

---

I am glad they are reprinting this deck, as the card stock in the 2nd version isn't great, but should the 1st edition lovers card find itself into this new version to replace the current one, it will be easier to give it a miss. I couldn't care less about gilded edges (or fancy boxes) myself. Imagery, card stock and printing quality/standards are far more important. Reprinting the actual book that accompanied the 1st version would be a good idea, and this is something I would purchase if it was ever made available again.

strings of life

I am glad they are reprinting this deck, as the card stock in the 2nd version isn't great, but should the 1st edition lovers card find itself into this new version to replace the current one, it will be easier to give it a miss. I couldn't care less about gilded edges (or fancy boxes) myself. Imagery, card stock and printing quality/standards are far more important. Reprinting the actual book that accompanied the 1st version would be a good idea, and this is something I would purchase if it was ever made available again.
I agree, I forgot about the Queen of Swords in the 2nd edition (since I no longer own a copy of that edition). The fangs didn't work for me either.

It's such a visionary Gothic deck.

MoonGypsy

I agree, I forgot about the Queen of Swords in the 2nd edition (since I no longer own a copy of that edition). The fangs didn't work for me either.

It's such a visionary Gothic deck.

i agree, aurarcana [and Melia]i much prefer the original Queen of Swords over the 2nd edition's.