Borderless Rider Waite Smith, help!

karen0205

I just purchased the RWS Tarot directly from Lo Scarabeo with the intention of trimming just like Le Fanu has (suberb job!) but I received this...odd deck that looks like the lines were drawn with Sharpies. There's some pretty vivid shading to the colors and the backs are completely different too. The extra languages aren't there (not that I'd want them). I'm really confused because these aren't the same cards shown for the deck I purchased. What's the deal?

seems like you got a different version
what does the box or the backs look like?

agviz

seems like you got a different version
what does the box or the backs look like?

Check out the image in that post (#52); it shows both the back and box.

MitzyG

I trimmed my deck and used an rounded corner cutter. They look great with the images going right up to the edge and they fit my hands better, as I have small hands.

magicjack

I just purchased the RWS Tarot directly from Lo Scarabeo with the intention of trimming just like Le Fanu has (suberb job!) but I received this...odd deck that looks like the lines were drawn with Sharpies. There's some pretty vivid shading to the colors and the backs are completely different too. The extra languages aren't there (not that I'd want them). I'm really confused because these aren't the same cards shown for the deck I purchased. What's the deal?

The other day I clicked on your link and it showed the multi-language cards. Today they have changed it. I'll have to say, I like the backs. I always wanted this deck but did not like the multi-language on them. Is LOS the only place that sells this particular deck? Shipping for me is as much as the deck. But now you guys say the cards look different. Will anyone ever make the perfect RWS? There always seems to be something I don't like about it whether it's the drawings or the color or the backs. They made a borderless Deviant moon. Why can't they do a borderless RWS?

rwcarter

The other day I clicked on your link and it showed the multi-language cards. Today they have changed it. I'll have to say, I like the backs. I always wanted this deck but did not like the multi-language on them. Is LOS the only place that sells this particular deck? Shipping for me is as much as the deck. But now you guys say the cards look different. Will anyone ever make the perfect RWS? There always seems to be something I don't like about it whether it's the drawings or the color or the backs. They made a borderless Deviant moon. Why can't they do a borderless RWS?
OH! So LoS DID change what they're calling the PCS RWS Tarot. I can only guess that's in response to the doings of a certain other publisher. But shame on LoS. Completely change the art? Then call the deck something else, cause now there's going to be all kinds of confusion about which set of pictures is actually the PCS RWS Tarot. And PCS had NOTHING to do with those images, so what they're selling now is completely misnamed. (shaking head in disbelief)

agviz, I hope LoS refunded your money since they had misleading art up on the website at the time leading you to believe that you were buying something other than what you ended up with.

Rodney

agviz

OH! So LoS DID change what they're calling the PCS RWS Tarot. I can only guess that's in response to the doings of a certain other publisher. But shame on LoS. Completely change the art? Then call the deck something else, cause now there's going to be all kinds of confusion about which set of pictures is actually the PCS RWS Tarot. And PCS had NOTHING to do with those images, so what they're selling now is completely misnamed. (shaking head in disbelief)

agviz, I hope LoS refunded your money since they had misleading art up on the website at the time leading you to believe that you were buying something other than what you ended up with.

Rodney

I've sent two emails and they haven't responded to either. I'm trying again through a different commenting option; maybe that'll get through.

I would welcome a refund, but I'm really curious to get my hands on the previous version after hearing about the color differences.

agviz

...Will anyone ever make the perfect RWS?...

The ULTIMATE QUESTION in the world of tarot!!!! It's the most popular tarot to ever exist and it's relegated to glossy cardstock, copyrights, and fashionable plaid backs.

rwcarter

I've sent two emails and they haven't responded to either. I'm trying again through a different commenting option; maybe that'll get through.

I would welcome a refund, but I'm really curious to get my hands on the previous version after hearing about the color differences.
I wouldn't be surprised if your email tipped them off in the first place. ;)