Borderless Rider Waite Smith, help!

Nemia

I wonder why there are no customer comments. That deck looks like a real abomination. Horrible!!!

Emily

I don't understand why they've done this. The LoS PCS deck was beautiful, even with the multi-language borders, it was pretty much equal to the Centennial deck. Not any more, if I had received this disgrace of a deck, I would have sent it straight back. :mad:

agviz

I don't understand why they've done this. The LoS PCS deck was beautiful, even with the multi-language borders, it was pretty much equal to the Centennial deck. Not any more, if I had received this disgrace of a deck, I would have sent it straight back. :mad:

I'm trying to. I've contacted LoS three times and I'm waiting to hear back.

Emily

I think what makes me more angry is that I've favoured and recommended the original Lo Scarabeo deck in so many posts. They are using the same name and box, I've said how pretty it is in detail and colouring and that it was almost as nice as the Centennial. These two RWS's are my go to Rider Waite's.

I wouldn't have given this deck the time of day as it is now but it's not going to look like that in my postings. I can feel a bout of editing coming on, my original posts on the Lo Scarabeo PCS are misleading now. :(

EDIT
In early 2016, Lo Scarabeo changed the artwork of the LoS PCS so I would not recommend the second version/edition.

agviz

Oops, double post

agviz

For fear that the conversation about the new RWS Tarot might hijack this thread, I started a new thread on the topic. Perhaps someone will stop by that can add some clarifying commentary to why Dr. Jekyll has turned to Mr. Hyde.

In happier news, I decided to trim the borders off my Radiant. Part of the way through I wasn't sure if I liked it... but then magically I came to love it. Still working on it, but when I'm finished I'll post pictures of it next to a Universal Waite, being that this is a comparison thread.

rwcarter

For fear that the conversation about the new RWS Tarot might hijack this thread, I started a new thread on the topic here. Perhaps someone will stop by that can add some clarifying commentary to why Dr. Jekyll has turned to Mr. Hyde.
Thanks agviz. You beat me to the punch.

Rodney

Southerngem65

Trimmed Smith Centennial

Reading this thread inspired me to trim my Centennial deck. Doing this I discovered that the borders are not exactly even and the borders on the back don't exactly match the borders on the front. I still like it better than before it was trimmed.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/tracytim/IMG_1050.jpg

Nemia

I'm in the middle of trimming mine and just discovered the same. And I really like it. The frames around the scenes were drawn by Pamela Colman Smith with a free hand, probably in ink. The whole trimming process, done slowly and in good light, gave me another layer of appreciation for her art.

I'm adding a black edge to pull the look together a bit. I'm really happy with this trimming job. Oh how nice the cards look! I love these muted colours. The not-so-perfect finish just suits them so well.

agviz

Reading this thread inspired me to trim my Centennial deck. Doing this I discovered that the borders are not exactly even and the borders on the back don't exactly match the borders on the front. I still like it better than before it was trimmed.

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll171/tracytim/IMG_1050.jpg

I've been happy with the borders on this deck, must I must confess this looks very nice. You might have insoired me to try this on a spare I have.