Can you suggest suitable spreads to use at a psychic fair???

magpie9

Here's a Past, Present, Goal, Hindrance, Helps, & Outcome that works well. You can do layers on it for lots of detail, if you want. Card order is:
1-Goal ..2-Past.....3-Present...4-Hinderence......5-Helps.....6-Outcome.

Actually, it works just as well laid in a straight line, or 2 rows, or however you want. I just like this shape. :) "Goal" is not a big deal in this layout, like you life's work or something, it's more the direction you want to be generally headed in at this time. It could be as simple & ordinary as life going smoothly.

A decision-making spread I'm fond of goes like this:
1-earth..2-air.....3-fire....4-water.....5-Spirit
I usually lay it as a cross with spirit in the center.
Earth is what you bring to the new enterprise that you have already. Practical things. Earth things.
Air is what you think about this new enterprise.
Fire is the passion & desire--or lack of it--you bring to this project. "The Dream" can appear here. Or not.
Water is what you feel about it. don't be surprised is this is a direct contradiction of Air.
Spirit is the essence of this enterprise, when it's all added up. Sort of the total of the rest of the cards.
If it's a negative card, there will have to be a lot of changes made before the project is viable. You can lay a separate outcome card, if you want. This is good for things like starting a business, getting married, having a child, or any creative enterprise.

Here's a simple but excellent "choices" spread. This is for decision making. I like it better than separate spreads for each option because here you are directly comparing the options card by card. You don't have to remember what a previous layout said. I am showing it for 2 options, but you can do it with more.
I have the client shuffle the cards and cut into 2 stacks. he gives me each stack, naming it (La Vegas) (Atlantic City) Then I lay 2 vertical rows, (L & R cards in pairs) you can name each position, like-- money, prestige, housing, best thing, worst thing, etc, or do it as a story line. I read it side by side, but also up and down. Mostly I do it with unnamed positions, like a story. within 3-4 sets or so cards, it's clear what each path offers, and what each path costs. Then I go with specific positions, or detailed questions, etc., if needed.
Hope these help~! :)

Lurea

lark said:
Example: my life path is 2 so I am Orange so the lessons I should be learning in this life time are Cooperation, Harmony and Diplomacy.
Using colors makes for a beautiful little flyer as you can incorporate all the colors in your printed flyer.
People will like coming away from your table with a little something extra.
They can show their friends how to figure out their number and then they will look up their life path color ect.

Oh I got the color idea from a Richard Weber book called Color Magic for Beginners.

But if you don't have time to get the book just pm me and I can tell you what all the different colors mean...or I'll put it in this thread if anyone else is interested in using this method.

How did you get the life path number, lark? Is that their soul number, or personality number or what? And how did you associate the life path number with the color?

lark

Yes, just year, date, and month added together then brought down to a single number so it's the soul number I guess....the colors are the colors of the chakra system plus 8 being pink and 9 being bronze, with 11 being silver and 22 gold...
You could also do it with their name.

1. red -independance and attainment
2. orange-cooperation, harmony and diplomacy
3. yellow- creative, self-expression
4. green hard work, system and order
5. blue- constructive use of freedom and variety
6. indigo- service and home and family responsibility
7. violet- spirituality, intuition, and knowledge
8. pink- material success
9. bronze- humanitarianism, spirituality and creativity
11. silver- idealism and intuition
22. gold- practicality, charisma and inspiration

Netzach

This is all pure gold . . . so very, very helpful. Thank you all so much!

Indigo Rose

Hi Netzach. I know you have received so many responses, but there is a spread I use that is really short and sweet. It may be of help to you for the Psychic Fair.

Outlook Spread (from the Power Tarot by Macgregor/Vega)

1****3*****
**2*****4**

1) Outlook for the situation, event, or project
2) What/Who will help
3) What this will lead to
4) How you'll feel about the outcome

Peace
:love: Indigo Rose

Dwaas

Thanks lark! That is very interesting and helpful!
Blessings

ArcanoMáximo

The Spread-Card

Hi Netzach!
Just to add what i usually do.
The first thing I do when the client is in front of my deck is to ask him/her to take a card, and I use that card as reference.
I think that is the card that is saying me the best spread to use with this unique querent in this unique time.
Of course I must say that I have a very close connection with the RWS deck, is the one that I always use to work.
So, for instance, if he/she gets The High Priestess I put it apart, and take my other RWS deck (I use 2 or even 3 clones) and start to pull cards according with what the HP suggests me!
The Black Pilar position: the hard, difficult, what is hidden.
The White: the good, what the querent knows, what he/she can handle or is to his/her favor
The Veil: What is behind, is the querent's experience from the past, or even his/her true personality.
The Hido: What he/she is thinking right know
The Tora: a very special thing, which is the best way in which the situation must be solve.
The bank: a thing in which the person has support.
But in this case I don't use a position like future, because the Tarot is saying me that all depends of the equilibrium between many things, is a reading about "potential" and not predictive. That's so always when the card "Spread-card" is a figure looking direct to you, and not to the right, when to the left, is only the past what must be study and revised.
These are some name for the positions but the possibilities are many more, but the general sense is the same!
So I have a base of at least 78 spreads to handle, it seems difficult, but in the practice is the more easy and adequate system that I've found.
What do you think?
Máximo.-

Netzach

ArcanoMáximo said:
So I have a base of at least 78 spreads to handle, it seems difficult, but in the practice is the more easy and adequate system that I've found.

What do you think?

I think that's extremely interesting and I shall give it some serious thought. Thanks!

ArcanoMáximo

my pleasure!
thanks you by your feedback!

magpie9

That's really fascinating, Maximo! I'm going to try it, too. Thanks!