Can you suggest suitable spreads to use at a psychic fair???

ArcanoMáximo

just one of my little "tricks" magpie! LOL!
but try it and you'll not need any more the spreads forum any more! hahá!!!!:D!!!

DarkElectric

Hi Netzach. :)

Another quick & easy spread here from Power Tarot. (Easy to learn, easy to personally adapt.)

I've used it at fairs where I have NO MORE THAN 20 min to read for a sitter. There's a man who comes round, clanging a bell when time's up, and it's get thee oot!

This is the "Baseball Diamond" spread, page 204 of Power Tarot, by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega. It's a 6 card spread, which works out to be a nice number for me, timewise. I can give a complete reading, and offer sufficient information to the client so they don't feel shortchanged, even though they are strictly scheduled for 20 min.

................................................4...........................................
.........................................5.....2.....3.....................................
................................................1...........................................
................................................6...........................................

1. Home Plate- Where you are now. Status of a situation or project which is just beginning.
2. Pitcher's Mound- "Coming At You". An event or person connected to something which is entering your life.
3. First Base- Step one, where you might be headed-the first phase of the situation referred to by card 1.
4. Second base- Step 2, The next phase of potential development.
5. Third Base- Step 3, the final phase of this situation.
6. Home Plate- The result. Outcome or resolution of the energies described in the spread.

I adapt this spread and personalise it to the way I read. I find it quite effective. It lends well to that, and for me, it's simple and easy to use. The first time I knew I was going to be working a "Timed Fair" like this, I was shaking in my boots because they're very strict about reading time. My private readings tend to last up to 45 minutes, with a 10 card spread and much discussion. This fair utillises about 25 readers, too. We're all signed up for (paid in advance,) in 20 minute scheduled blocks. We readers get paid at the end, when we turn in the tickets the sitters have purchased from the front desk. It's an extremely popular fair, and they have hundreds of people turn out for each one, with more and more every time. We begin reading at 10, and end at 5. We can choose to take breaks if we would like, or not. I choose not to, because the split is $10. for the reader, $10 for the fair. I really need the money, and fortunately I have the stamina to read straight through, with no burnout. So for me, it's Read On, MacDuff. This little spread has been my staple for high traffic, limited time fairs. It works for me.

I this info helps you out!
All the best. :)

sapphireandsage

lark said:
11. silver- idealism and intuition
22. gold- practicality, charisma and inspiration

OK, please excuse a dumb newbie question, but how do you get a result of 11 or 22 in numerology? I thought that all numbers were supposed to be reduced down to a single digit. *scratching head!*

I love the idea of using numbers/colors as a tidbit for thought to give sitters to carry away with them, and I like the silver and gold color paths, but I can't figure out how you were able to keep 11 and 22 as-is, not taking them down to 2 and 4, respectively.

Thanks in advance! :)

lark

sapphireandsage said:
OK, please excuse a dumb newbie question, but how do you get a result of 11 or 22 in numerology? I thought that all numbers were supposed to be reduced down to a single digit. *scratching head!*

I love the idea of using numbers/colors as a tidbit for thought to give sitters to carry away with them, and I like the silver and gold color paths, but I can't figure out how you were able to keep 11 and 22 as-is, not taking them down to 2 and 4, respectively.

Thanks in advance! :)
Hi
The master numbers are 11 and 22, we don't reduce them because they represent the exceptions to every rule, so they are a sign that we are dealing with a distictive/special situation or person when they appear.
There is a whole study of just 11 and 22 in numerology and why they are not broken down.
Initiation into Numerology by Johann Heyss is a good place to start if you can find it.

sapphireandsage

Thanks so much for the clarification, lark! I'll add that book to my wish list...hope Santa is good to me this year! ;)

sapphireandsage

double post...oops!

Teheuti

Thought I'd add my favorite psychic fair spread, which for me works best in 20-30 minutes. It's a 6-card version of the Celtic Cross. I can always add more cards but rarely need to.

1&2 - represents the central conflict/issue or heart of the reading
3 (below) - the basis or source of the problem
4 (behind) - past
5 (above) - goal/desire/thoughts
6 (before) - next step/advice

Horizontally, you have Past / Present / Future(Advice)
and
Vertically, you have Source / Obstacle / Goal

Netzach

Since this thread has been resurrected, I have been looking through it and see that I never posted what I eventually decided on (and which has served me very well). I came up with my own 'road map' spread:

You are going on a journey into the future:

Card 1 tells you where you are starting from (the current situation).

Card 2 tells you the direction you should take (where the universe wants to take you).

Card 3 tells you what you will need on the journey (this may be something tangible such as money or, more likely, an attribute such as hope, courage or perseverance).

Card 4 tells you the sort of obstacles you may have to overcome.

Card 5 suggests who you should ask directions or advice from and/or the sort of advice that will be helpful.

Card 6 tells you whose directions or advice you should ignore and/or the sort of advice that will not be helpful.

Card 7 reveals what you may find when you get there (the outcome).

Rev_Vesta

Hi..... after reading this thread.........

I feel it is important to go with what works for you....

For me at the psychic and healing fairs is either a Medicine Wheel and Ladder spread or a gateway Spread.......

I read the cards intuitively so have no set comments about the placing of the cards........

I read each card only as an overview and have discovered intuively i read for no more than 15 mins at a fair..........with 5 mins for questions and clarity........

I find most clients like establishing what you know about the past and present so that that undestand what you say about the future info......

take care...

Vesta....

PS I know you have established your own spreads .........

and am most probrably alittle behind in this thread....

Sheri

I do multiple (if necessary) 5 to 6 card non-positional (mostly) spreads at the fairs I read at.

Typically, I read for 20 minutes when being paid. The client usually asks a question and I pull 5 to 6 cards for him or her, and answer her question. Depending on that, we might shuffle and pull more cards to answer whatever questions came up after the first pull.

No positions UNLESS they ask about 'when' or they are having to decide between two things. If it's a decision between two things (do I move to the new place or stay at the old, etc.) I will pull 3 to 4 cards in each of two columns where we have designated which is which. For 'when' questions, I'll designate card positions to be quarterly/monthly/weekly going from more general to more specific.

20 minutes is a long time to talk about cards, and sometimes, the cards are so literal in answer that the client doesn't require a lot of explanation.

I gave up positional readings after doing several free reading venues and ended up reading non-stop for several hours each day I read. In those venues, I also had to cut the time to 10 minutes so everyone who wanted a reading could get one with a reasonable wait. Even in 10 minutes, I was able to do at least 2 throws of the cards to answer their questions.

:love: valeria