Changing the course of the future

Miss Woo

Sorry about my title; I'm not really sure what to call it but I'm talking about where you are given some information in a reading and you use that information to change the course of the future and prevent the thing from happening...

Is this possible? Do you know what I mean?

I recently had a reading where I was told that my next partner will be unfaithful to me. It was in the outcome position and this has left me feeling a bit worried about my next relationship. I'm the kind of person who is very serious and committed and I would never tolerate that kind of behaviour in a relationship; I would find it devastating.

So, knowing this information, do you think there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening, like changing the course of the future? Does that make sense?

nisaba

Not having a relationship would prevent it happening.

So would being fun to be around, rather than being uptight and suspicious all the time. :)

If you know that infidelity is a *possibility* (which is what Tarot cards show), then perhaps look at yourself from the eyes of someone else: are you too into smother-love? Or are you too [possessive? Or are you too distant?

Change what you can - which is only yourself. Don't try to change what you can't.

Miss Woo

Not having a relationship would prevent it happening.

So would being fun to be around, rather than being uptight and suspicious all the time. :)

If you know that infidelity is a *possibility* (which is what Tarot cards show), then perhaps look at yourself from the eyes of someone else: are you too into smother-love? Or are you too [possessive? Or are you too distant?

Change what you can - which is only yourself. Don't try to change what you can't.

Thank you. That is very good advice :)

I have a tendency to be smothering and possessive so I could monitor my own behaviour.

eta

In the advice position I got The Empress reversed so this would make sense.

Grizabella

Well, being possessive and smothering means you don't have confidence in yourself. You don't feel yourself worthy of the love of the person you love. So I think yes, knowing that about yourself and knowing that that kind of behavior almost surely causes infidelity in a partner, I'd say you can change the course of the future by learning to have more confidence and self-love. Once you have that, not only will you increase chances of a successful future relationship, you'll also reach the point where you're no longer needy and intent on having a relationship. It's one of life's paradoxes. When you stop "needing" a lover in your life, that's when you're most likely to run into one.

Miss Woo

Well, being possessive and smothering means you don't have confidence in yourself. You don't feel yourself worthy of the love of the person you love. So I think yes, knowing that about yourself and knowing that that kind of behavior almost surely causes infidelity in a partner, I'd say you can change the course of the future by learning to have more confidence and self-love. Once you have that, not only will you increase chances of a successful future relationship, you'll also reach the point where you're no longer needy and intent on having a relationship. It's one of life's paradoxes. When you stop "needing" a lover in your life, that's when you're most likely to run into one.

I'm a very confident person, but I agree with what you're saying about a lack of self-love. I definitely need to do more work on myself in this area, and I will do some Louise Hay affirmations :)

I think there's a difference between being needy and actively looking for a partner. I don't consider myself needy; I'm just driven about manifesting what I want in my life, and making it go the way I want it.

Bonny

Hi Empress,

Sweet, I don't usually write on these q's about meaning in readings etc because the cards are not my stronghold, but my sense of compassion is - and all I want to say is that from this moment on nurture and be really sweet and kind to yourself! These kinds of readings sometimes come up and stir us up when we are feeling a bit weary and so from the outset, just wanna say, 'bear up girl' - take a walk and shake off that reading for a bit while you ground and feel nourished in yourself first.

Then, I just want to say that readings seem to have something to do with synchronicity and perhaps this reading was just a mirror of where the energies are NOW, but given you have this fantastic insight (if it was in fact on point...??) well, there are great actions you can take to strengthen the transparency and honour in your relationship - along with what the other lovely ladies have said on this post - maybe ensure that you choose well next time! Sometimes we put all on ourselves - oh, I should have been this or that with Jim or Tony, but honestly, sometimes the biggest mistake we made was given those who were not suited a key to our door in the first place. So, see this as a helper - it reminds you that you are precious and beautiful and to let those who are not on for the real thing get a message from your wonderful heart (energetically) that says, "Do not apply." Focus on empowering yourself and be prepared to let go of wherever it is in your life that you are not 'on-track' (honouring of your goodness) because we don't want any of that energy around your aura. This next relationship is going to be one to treasure!!!

God bless,

B :)

Miss Woo

Hi Empress,

Sweet, I don't usually write on these q's about meaning in readings etc because the cards are not my stronghold, but my sense of compassion is - and all I want to say is that from this moment on nurture and be really sweet and kind to yourself! These kinds of readings sometimes come up and stir us up when we are feeling a bit weary and so from the outset, just wanna say, 'bear up girl' - take a walk and shake off that reading for a bit while you ground and feel nourished in yourself first.

Then, I just want to say that readings seem to have something to do with synchronicity and perhaps this reading was just a mirror of where the energies are NOW, but given you have this fantastic insight (if it was in fact on point...??) well, there are great actions you can take to strengthen the transparency and honour in your relationship - along with what the other lovely ladies have said on this post - maybe ensure that you choose well next time! Sometimes we put all on ourselves - oh, I should have been this or that with Jim or Tony, but honestly, sometimes the biggest mistake we made was given those who were not suited a key to our door in the first place. So, see this as a helper - it reminds you that you are precious and beautiful and to let those who are not on for the real thing get a message from your wonderful heart (energetically) that says, "Do not apply." Focus on empowering yourself and be prepared to let go of wherever it is in your life that you are not 'on-track' (honouring of your goodness) because we don't want any of that energy around your aura. This next relationship is going to be one to treasure!!!

God bless,

Great advice! Awesome! Thank you so much! This so fits in with where I'm at right now. I feel like I was 'meant' to hear it :) And I love what you said about the "Do not apply" stuff :thumbsup:

Yes, I will nurture myself and be really sweet and kind to myself. Thank you for reminding me :) :love:

I did a reading for myself after the other reading, and I got The Empress as outcome, so what you're saying fits - that I need to empower myself :thumbsup:

Coincidentally, I was just about to walk out the door and go for a walk ;)

Sending you lots of love and Pughugs. Merry Christmas to you! :) :love: :party:

eta

Oh yes, I agree with what you're saying about synchronicity... At the time of the reading I was in a crappy space but I have moved past that since then and I'm feeling good about myself :)

Bonny

Great advice! Awesome! Thank you so much! This so fits in with where I'm at right now. I feel like I was 'meant' to hear it :) And I love what you said about the "Do not apply" stuff :thumbsup:

Yes, I will nurture myself and be really sweet and kind to myself. Thank you for reminding me :) :love:

I did a reading for myself after the other reading, and I got The Empress as outcome, so what you're saying fits - that I need to empower myself :thumbsup:

Coincidentally, I was just about to walk out the door and go for a walk ;)

Sending you lots of love and Pughugs. Merry Christmas to you! :) :love: :party:

eta

Oh yes, I agree with what you're saying about synchronicity... At the time of the reading I was in a crappy space but I have moved past that since then and I'm feeling good about myself :)

You are a legend! These are just mirrors and they help us with the deeper feelings or moods and I guess I wrote to you because I have found myself getting tied up in "oh no!" feelings after readings on love life - and sometimes I've asked those (dubiously formed) questions because I've been a bit topsy turvy myself, just a bit frail (HUMAN!!!). So, it's times like these we need our sisters to say, "Everything will be ok! Look for the gift in it and breathe out what is not of the highest and best! And be true to yourself and all good will come from here!"

Light, love, blessings,

Chrissy joy to you too Sweet!!!

Miss Woo

You are a legend! These are just mirrors and they help us with the deeper feelings or moods and I guess I wrote to you because I have found myself getting tied up in "oh no!" feelings after readings on love life - and sometimes I've asked those (dubiously formed) questions because I've been a bit topsy turvy myself, just a bit frail (HUMAN!!!). So, it's times like these we need our sisters to say, "Everything will be ok! Look for the gift in it and breathe out what is not of the highest and best! And be true to yourself and all good will come from here!"

Light, love, blessings,

Chrissy joy to you too Sweet!!!

Yes, I totally hear where you're coming from! Thank youuu! :) :love: