Changing the course of the future

ravenest

Sorry about my title; I'm not really sure what to call it but I'm talking about where you are given some information in a reading and you use that information to change the course of the future and prevent the thing from happening...

Is this possible? Do you know what I mean?

I recently had a reading where I was told that my next partner will be unfaithful to me. It was in the outcome position and this has left me feeling a bit worried about my next relationship. I'm the kind of person who is very serious and committed and I would never tolerate that kind of behaviour in a relationship; I would find it devastating.

So, knowing this information, do you think there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening, like changing the course of the future? Does that make sense?

Hang on .... you went for a reading, you got a prediction about a relationship that isnt even on the horizon yet and they said the person will cheat on you ? !

Really , get a new card card reader! ( or if you know her - my assumption, is it a her ? ) find out if that happened to her (just a hunch) ....

Oh ... how to change the outcome ? A bit late now, as her 'prediction' has become embedded in your consciousness (as you seem to believe it already) ... if you go into a relationship now, you will be suspicious, that will be detected (consciously or unconsciously) and .... unless both of your are 'advanced' - trouble.

Ummm just an extra thought ... when this reader said this ... did you ask "Why" ? or 'What can I do to amend this?"

You should not have to ! .... though ... the reader should offer this up ... honestly, sometimes I wonder what is going on out there with card readers !

headincloud

Hi empress I think whether we read cards or not we're constantly changing our future by the choices we make in the now which are based on our life experiences in the past. If we bypass relationships based on the fact or perception it's not our ultimate life partner the problem would be when Mr right finally came along we wouldn't have the life experience and self knowledge to hold the relationship together which we would have gained through what we perceived as negative experiences in past relationships. In this case there would be no wheel of fortune rx and as far as I can see we all go up and we all go down.

Ultimately these experiences lead to self illumination or enlightenment and to my way of thinking we have to learn to take the good with the bad in others and within ourselves. It reflects the dualistic principle that the universe is based on and the tarot as a reflection of those principles echo that. If there were no positive and negative experiences we would all stagnate and growth wouldn't be possible, equally the universe couldn't have been created without this push/pull or yin/yang so I don't believe it's possible to totally bypass negative experiences.

That said I believe we can 'moderate' our life lessons by developing insight and self awareness and we can certainly learn to direct our future through the power of thought and planning which is what we're all learning first hand through life experience and that seems to be the only way, what I'm getting at is if one of your major life lessons is loss for example then I don't think you'd be able to jump the fence and avoid that, if we were able to it seems to me there would have been no need to reincarnate to gain understanding of this though me may be able to moderate the extent of such depending on whether it's physical or financial.

A random example of moderation (not implying it relates to you) is where someone's encountered abuse in childhood it often sets up a classic cycle in that persons life where they'll draw abusive relationships in future because at the subconscious level they believe that's what they deserve because that's what they've been shown and imprinted with, they may draw many negative partners by the law of attraction until they 'get it' and whilst it's obviously apparent for all to see from the outside it's below conscious awareness of the person entrenched in the situation (moon).

This is where self awareness and insight come in (high priestess) and some may never free themselves from the trap (devil) no matter how many partners they've been through the cycle with but some may be able to moderate how many times they need to repeat this until they start looking to themselves in realization (tower) that they are at the centre of their world and they created whatever is in place around them and although it's not their fault (that lies with the initial abuser) it is now their problem and they see a different perspective (hanged man) enabling them to release them self.

The example extends to everything we've been imprinted with and conditioned by, which can never be wholly negative or wholly positive but self awareness seems to be the key to unravelling our personal conundrum which we need not use tarot for, everyone is slowly learning about themselves hands on by what we are drawing to ourselves and through living the consequences of our thought patterns, self beliefs and actions we learn, slowly but surely we learn. Some may choose tarot as an aid to develop insight but whether we study it or not and irrelevant of if we want it or not we leave this world with insight and wisdom we didn't have when birthed in innocence in the fool.

To answer your question, I'm really not sure! :heart:

Miss Woo

Hi empress I think whether we read cards or not we're constantly changing our future by the choices we make in the now which are based on our life experiences in the past. If we bypass relationships based on the fact or perception it's not our ultimate life partner the problem would be when Mr right finally came along we wouldn't have the life experience and self knowledge to hold the relationship together which we would have gained through what we perceived as negative experiences in past relationships. In this case there would be no wheel of fortune rx and as far as I can see we all go up and we all go down.

Ultimately these experiences lead to self illumination or enlightenment and to my way of thinking we have to learn to take the good with the bad in others and within ourselves. It reflects the dualistic principle that the universe is based on and the tarot as a reflection of those principles echo that. If there were no positive and negative experiences we would all stagnate and growth wouldn't be possible, equally the universe couldn't have been created without this push/pull or yin/yang so I don't believe it's possible to totally bypass negative experiences.

That said I believe we can 'moderate' our life lessons by developing insight and self awareness and we can certainly learn to direct our future through the power of thought and planning which is what we're all learning first hand through life experience and that seems to be the only way, what I'm getting at is if one of your major life lessons is loss for example then I don't think you'd be able to jump the fence and avoid that, if we were able to it seems to me there would have been no need to reincarnate to gain understanding of this though me may be able to moderate the extent of such depending on whether it's physical or financial.

A random example of moderation (not implying it relates to you) is where someone's encountered abuse in childhood it often sets up a classic cycle in that persons life where they'll draw abusive relationships in future because at the subconscious level they believe that's what they deserve because that's what they've been shown and imprinted with, they may draw many negative partners by the law of attraction until they 'get it' and whilst it's obviously apparent for all to see from the outside it's below conscious awareness of the person entrenched in the situation (moon).

This is where self awareness and insight come in (high priestess) and some may never free themselves from the trap (devil) no matter how many partners they've been through the cycle with but some may be able to moderate how many times they need to repeat this until they start looking to themselves in realization (tower) that they are at the centre of their world and they created whatever is in place around them and although it's not their fault (that lies with the initial abuser) it is now their problem and they see a different perspective (hanged man) enabling them to release them self.

The example extends to everything we've been imprinted with and conditioned by, which can never be wholly negative or wholly positive but self awareness seems to be the key to unravelling our personal conundrum which we need not use tarot for, everyone is slowly learning about themselves hands on by what we are drawing to ourselves and through living the consequences of our thought patterns, self beliefs and actions we learn, slowly but surely we learn. Some may choose tarot as an aid to develop insight but whether we study it or not and irrelevant of if we want it or not we leave this world with insight and wisdom we didn't have when birthed in innocence in the fool.

To answer your question, I'm really not sure! :heart:

Wow, this is a fascinating reply. Thanks so much! :)

I haven't forgotten about this thread; I just had a really sh*t night's sleep last night because it was so humid and hot and I didn't think to turn on my new reverse cycle air conditioner! Duh!

I'm so tired now :(

jillkite

i like the reply 'get a new reader'!! i would definitely question any hard and fast prediction about anything.

however if it has struck a chord maybe there is some inner work for you to do about releasing 'cheating energy' that can change the future. inner self-development work changes your energy and that changes your future.

you might look at your parents relationship with regards to cheating energy, and what has happened in any of your previous relationships. is cheating something that has been around in your life? you might look at past lives too if you are so inclined.

if you do an energetic spring clean of the cheating energy at different levels of your consciousness you are much less likely to attract this kind of energy in the future.

this is what i have experienced when cleaning these kinds of energies.

Michael Sternbach

Hang on .... you went for a reading, you got a prediction about a relationship that isnt even on the horizon yet and they said the person will cheat on you ? !

Really , get a new card card reader! ( or if you know her - my assumption, is it a her ? ) find out if that happened to her (just a hunch) ....

Oh ... how to change the outcome ? A bit late now, as her 'prediction' has become embedded in your consciousness (as you seem to believe it already) ... if you go into a relationship now, you will be suspicious, that will be detected (consciously or unconsciously) and .... unless both of your are 'advanced' - trouble.

Ummm just an extra thought ... when this reader said this ... did you ask "Why" ? or 'What can I do to amend this?"

You should not have to ! .... though ... the reader should offer this up ... honestly, sometimes I wonder what is going on out there with card readers !

My thoughts exactly, as I was reading this thread.

A simple solution: Next time a relationship is getting closer, yell at the guy: "I KNOW what you're up to, you bastard!!!" Then go and eat LOTS of chocolate. LOL

Even if the reader should be right in principle, there might be other options. I.e., the man you are going to meet could be in a relationship when you get to know him, which, however, is about to end. ;)

Miss Woo

A simple solution: Next time a relationship is getting closer, yell at the guy: "I KNOW what you're up to, you bastard!!!" Then go and eat LOTS of chocolate. LOL

Aaahahahaha, this sounds just like me.

Even if the reader should be right in principle, there might be other options. I.e., the man you are going to meet could be in a relationship when you get to know him, which, however, is about to end. ;)

Ooh yes, or he chooses me over others. This I like ;)

Miss Woo

i like the reply 'get a new reader'!! i would definitely question any hard and fast prediction about anything.

however if it has struck a chord maybe there is some inner work for you to do about releasing 'cheating energy' that can change the future. inner self-development work changes your energy and that changes your future.

you might look at your parents relationship with regards to cheating energy, and what has happened in any of your previous relationships. is cheating something that has been around in your life? you might look at past lives too if you are so inclined.

if you do an energetic spring clean of the cheating energy at different levels of your consciousness you are much less likely to attract this kind of energy in the future.

this is what i have experienced when cleaning these kinds of energies.

Yes, there is cheating in my past (in my parents and my own relationships). I think that's why it made me go all paranoid.

That is great advice about the cleansing, thank you :)

Ace

Sorry about my title; I'm not really sure what to call it but I'm talking about where you are given some information in a reading and you use that information to change the course of the future and prevent the thing from happening...

Is this possible? Do you know what I mean?

I recently had a reading where I was told that my next partner will be unfaithful to me. It was in the outcome position and this has left me feeling a bit worried about my next relationship. I'm the kind of person who is very serious and committed and I would never tolerate that kind of behaviour in a relationship; I would find it devastating.

So, knowing this information, do you think there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening, like changing the course of the future? Does that make sense?

A reading looks at the Askasic record, the record of everything UP TO THIS MOMENT. Some readers try to look forward and see what will happen. I did once and saw ruin and bad things. My mentor explained that it was because the querent wasn't THERE yet to make it better. I believe in free will, which means you can CHANGE your future. So every day you do what you can to make it BETTER going forward. So, if you pick badly, if you neglect your boyfriend, if who knows what happens, you could end up with an unfaithful boyfriend. But YOU HAVE FREE WILL. So you can look for someone whose words fit their actions, who has integrity and you can work on being more focused on the present, being all there when you are together and (hard for you, I know) being trusting.

The reading should not have ended on a bad note. The next question after a bad ending should have been: what can I do to avoid this outcome?

And also: since you have trust issues from bad relationships you know of from the past, don't discount that you FEAR and expect such an outcome. But if you worry about it, you will make it so, so figure out how to change it rather than assume it must be so.

So the short answer to your original question is, YES it is possible to change the outcome. Unless you truly want to believe we don't have any free will at all, which is a world I REFUSE to live in.

And yes, I agree with the get another reader advice. One that understands never leaving you stuck in a bad situation. It was unprofessional. Did she offer solutions for more money? then she is also a scammer.

barb

Miss Woo

A reading looks at the Askasic record, the record of everything UP TO THIS MOMENT. Some readers try to look forward and see what will happen. I did once and saw ruin and bad things. My mentor explained that it was because the querent wasn't THERE yet to make it better. I believe in free will, which means you can CHANGE your future. So every day you do what you can to make it BETTER going forward. So, if you pick badly, if you neglect your boyfriend, if who knows what happens, you could end up with an unfaithful boyfriend. But YOU HAVE FREE WILL. So you can look for someone whose words fit their actions, who has integrity and you can work on being more focused on the present, being all there when you are together and (hard for you, I know) being trusting.

The reading should not have ended on a bad note. The next question after a bad ending should have been: what can I do to avoid this outcome?

And also: since you have trust issues from bad relationships you know of from the past, don't discount that you FEAR and expect such an outcome. But if you worry about it, you will make it so, so figure out how to change it rather than assume it must be so.

So the short answer to your original question is, YES it is possible to change the outcome. Unless you truly want to believe we don't have any free will at all, which is a world I REFUSE to live in.

And yes, I agree with the get another reader advice. One that understands never leaving you stuck in a bad situation. It was unprofessional. Did she offer solutions for more money? then she is also a scammer.

barb

Hi Barb,

Thank you sooo much! This was sooo helpful and I will take on everything you have said :)

Merry Christmas! :) :love: :party:

headincloud

My thoughts exactly, as I was reading this thread.

Maybe it's not a solution at all though because blaming the other person that you've attracted them due to your own self beliefs and quick fixing it with chocolate or any other false feel good factor simply sets you up to go out and repeat the pattern and round we go in circles but who knows.