Ciro Marchetti Marseille-Inspired Deck

Shardz

Another fine work of art displaying another fine work of art. What a lovely video to tease us with!

cirom

Because of the option to have had these decks personalized, it was one of the few occasions that I requested payment before the deck was actually printed. I am pleased to say the decks is now finished and printed. We have been busy preparing packages for shipment, which will start this coming Tuesday Sept 13. To all those who ordered, thank you for your patience and trust.

Here is the final version of the companion video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLwMFxYvjFk

WhiteWolfy

Woop woop!! Looking forward to receiving it and basking in its brilliance :)

rylla

For others who may want to see a particular card, all of the cards can be seen in the Tarot Decoratif Promo on Ciro's website.

I can't find the minors :( Waiting to see AT members' impressions.

rwcarter

I can't find the minors :( Waiting to see AT members' impressions.
I haven't watched the final version of the promotional video that Ciro just linked to, but they were there in the earlier version. The Minors were all laid out by suit. I think it was further into the video than earlier.

Rodney

cirom

All the minors appear, albeit briefly and flying around. Its intended as an entertaining promo that gives a hint of mood and style, rather than serving as a detailed slide show reference of each card.....

rwcarter

I got a shipping notification email! :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Phineas

Shipping notification

Rodney, I got one too, I love the way all correspondances is with Maria.
I imagine you will get yours first, it takesa while for stuff to slide down to Oz.

rwcarter

It's here! It's here!!!

It's far from the most exquisitely packaged of his decks. (Doesn't bother me, just setting expectations for folks.)

The deck comes in a big two part lift off box. A version of the card back is the top of the box. The rest of the box lid and bottom are covered in slightly textured black paper. The inside of the box is the natural color of the paperboard (? image board?) from which the box is made. Truth be told, the box is way too big for the cards, which are 80 mm x 130 mm. The box is roughly 102 mm x 160 mm (internal measurements).

BUT there is also a very nice cloth bag with double drawstrings included. One side is another version of the card back and the other side is the Minor suit symbols. So the cards can go in the bag, which can go in the box. (And that's how they come.) Or the cards can just go in the bag. I wouldn't put the cards in the box without the bag though.

To the cards themselves. The stock is sturdy and the lamination/varnish is lightly applied. The stacked deck is ~34mm (~1-5/16") thick.

The title card is signed by Ciro. The Fool is unnumbered. Interestingly enough, Death is numbered but unnamed. Justice is 8 and Strength is 11.

Something I hadn't noticed and am pleasantly surprised about (although I'm sure some will hate it) is that Minors 2-9 have a small inset RWS-style scenic image on them that could be ignored if one wanted to use non-RWS interpretations for the cards. (I can see how those who might not be happy about the scenic image will think it's too large.) The Cavaliers are not mobile and don't even have legs.

I'm guessing that one Minor will cause some controversy, but I'm not going to name which one in hopes that a) I don't cause a mountain to be made out of a molehill and b) I'm wrong.

The is no type of LWB or sheet of interpretations included in the set.

All in all, I think this would be a very nice transition deck from Rider Waite-style decks to Marseilles-style decks.

Another great job Ciro! :thumbsup:

Rodney

cirom

Thanks Rodney, in the email you recieved informing you that the deck had been shipped , there should have been a link to download a 50+page PDF document.
Let me know if that wasn't the case.

It provides an explanation for many of the design choices I made, principally on the majors, and an overal rational for the treatment of the minors. I don't expect a unanimous agreement for some of those choices, on the contrary, and have said as much in the document, nevertheless it offers context.....