Crystal Study Group discussion thread

Padma

ok, so here is something I am noticing come up over and over again: You have to pay attention to the stones. When you are using them, you must have your mind focused on them being there, or you won't catch much.

If you don't pay attention, it is kind of like using a Tarot deck to do a reading while you are watching tv and talking to a friend. It won't work that well! ;p

I think in order for the crystal to tune into you, you have to tune into it, first, and stay tuned! I think DownwardS explained it best, with his/her approach: keep a slip of paper handy, note everything odd that you see, and add it all up at the end of the day. It may seem like it is jumbled and unassociated, but actually, when the story is put together, there is always a common theme running through it all. So many bits make a full story.

Just an observation...

ETA: I also think the best use of the stones or crystals, is to teach focus - as enhanced observation and focus aids the intuition process, in regard to seeing and translating things.

Minotauro

so twe've talked about the crystal grid study thread , I alredy found some great resources , haha

but what about crystal shapes? or maybe we should just put the shape in the crustal study group of wich it is made?

DownwardSpiral

so twe've talked about the crystal grid study thread , I alredy found some great resources , haha

but what about crystal shapes? or maybe we should just put the shape in the crustal study group of wich it is made?

Hi Minotauro : )

Good question. We touched on shapes in the labradorite thread. Not sure if you read it but worth a read. : )

DownwardSpiral

ok, so here is something I am noticing come up over and over again: You have to pay attention to the stones. When you are using them, you must have your mind focused on them being there, or you won't catch much.

If you don't pay attention, it is kind of like using a Tarot deck to do a reading while you are watching tv and talking to a friend. It won't work that well! ;p

I think in order for the crystal to tune into you, you have to tune into it, first, and stay tuned! I think DownwardS explained it best, with his/her approach: keep a slip of paper handy, note everything odd that you see, and add it all up at the end of the day. It may seem like it is jumbled and unassociated, but actually, when the story is put together, there is always a common theme running through it all. So many bits make a full story.

Just an observation...

ETA: I also think the best use of the stones or crystals, is to teach focus - as enhanced observation and focus aids the intuition process, in regard to seeing and translating things.

Haha I think most people know I'm a she so it's ok to say so : ) I will post this under my crystal as well but I can say this about focus......yesterday I didn't ask for anything from my crystal though I did carry it in my pocket all day. I was really, really busy taking care of business as things have come up very quickly that I have no choice but to give priority to.

Despite all that is going on I was actually very calm throughout the day. 11 and the number 33 in particular still managed to come through as well as the 13. And then a few snippets of lyrics just kept playing in my head on and off all day long. So some signs still managed to come through but for the most part it was a pretty quiet day.

And yes I have noticed that jotting ANYTHING that catches your eye....ESPECIALLY if it screams/pops out at you for some reason...it might not mean much at the time but after a few instances the pieces will fall together. What comes to mind was when I was scribbling something down on my piece of paper (I'm thinking this is in the labradorite thread) and a man (who happens to be one of my customers) was walking by talking on his cell phone....said a few words and then looked directly at me. Up to that point he was looking ahead to the sidewalk and wasn't even paying attention to me. It was almost like he stopped dead in his tracks to look at me and it was a really strange look by the way...then he looked straight ahead and kept walking. So I wrote down what he said and in looking over my scribbles could see it was in direct reference to what I was writing at the time. Kind of creepy when you think about it but just to show how the signs can come through and be so direct at the same time. And labradorite seems to be very direct.

Anyway for anyone working with the crystals...it really pays to take that few minutes to jot things down....especially if you've asked for any type of guidance.

Padma

Mino, I know the shapes mean something - I will stop by my new age store today, and I will find out. I am pretty sure that pyramids mean drawing energy down from the Universe, and I know it is meant to "preserve" things, as placing food under a pyramid shape will keep it fresher for longer. I guess you can work with the pyramid shaped Obsidian and then note any differences the shape makes for the crystal's energy!

DownwardS, I know that your scribblings have brought many interesting insights! I use my thread/posts to do the same thing - rush home from wherever and immediately write it down online before i forget! ;p

And, DS, that really was odd with the guy stopping and staring at you! ;p

Another point I wanted to make here, was that posting feedback in the crystal threads is very useful for those working with the stone - another point of view is always welcome, and makes us understand our experiences better. So I really wish that we could support each other, by offering a different point of view on things to each other :) even if you are not particularly interested or attracted to the crystal another is working with, still, offer some feedback if you can :) thanks...!

I am taking a short break from light coloured crystals - they are too "airy fairy" for me, I need some root chakra grounding! lol...so my next stone will be Garnet :)

Minotauro

Mino, I know the shapes mean something - I will stop by my new age store today, and I will find out. I am pretty sure that pyramids mean drawing energy down from the Universe, and I know it is meant to "preserve" things, as placing food under a pyramid shape will keep it fresher for longer. I guess you can work with the pyramid shaped Obsidian and then note any differences the shape makes for the crystal's energy!

DownwardS, I know that your scribblings have brought many interesting insights! I use my thread/posts to do the same thing - rush home from wherever and immediately write it down online before i forget! ;p

And, DS, that really was odd with the guy stopping and staring at you! ;p

Another point I wanted to make here, was that posting feedback in the crystal threads is very useful for those working with the stone - another point of view is always welcome, and makes us understand our experiences better. So I really wish that we could support each other, by offering a different point of view on things to each other :) even if you are not particularly interested or attracted to the crystal another is working with, still, offer some feedback if you can :) thanks...!

I am taking a short break from light coloured crystals - they are too "airy fairy" for me, I need some root chakra grounding! lol...so my next stone will be Garnet :)
you know what? I've never used light colored crystals... haha maybe I should

but there are SO many crystals I wanna start studying! X) I saw this great bloodstone at least I think it was bloodstone, are there other green rocks with red dots? I dont thinks so but I wouyldnt know , iut just didnt seem to be the dark green Im used to in the bloodstone it was lighter ... maybe Im just crazy , I'll post a picture later , haha

and Im thinking citrine , because after the tickets I got I surely need it XP maybe a citrine aventurine and the bloodstone, those are all the money crystal I know , haha

wildchilde

Downwardspiral, that whole guy stopping in his tracks to stare at you was right out of a movie! That is so awesome that you took note of his words and were then able to see how they fit with your experience instead of getting caught up in the "creep factor" LOL (like I probably would have...just reading your account sent chills down my spine!)

Meanwhile, I just want to apologize to everyone for adding three new stones all at once...I got way behind on transcribing my notes because of the holiday weekend here in the US. I will try not to do this again! My next stone will be "something orange" because I am now in the midst of aligning the chakras to corresponding crystals with the online class I am taking.

Padma

you know what? I've never used light colored crystals... haha maybe I should

but there are SO many crystals I wanna start studying! X) I saw this great bloodstone at least I think it was bloodstone, are there other green rocks with red dots? I dont thinks so but I wouyldnt know , iut just didnt seem to be the dark green Im used to in the bloodstone it was lighter ... maybe Im just crazy , I'll post a picture later , haha

and Im thinking citrine , because after the tickets I got I surely need it XP maybe a citrine aventurine and the bloodstone, those are all the money crystal I know , haha

Mino, I began by using all the clear stones, mostly light coloured - although my first piece was a garnet ;) and I reserve that love of garnet, it is still with me. But, over the years, I have finally grown to also love the opaque stones, and the darker stones - each has a place within the chakra system. Just cause you don't use a hammer every day, doesn't mean you shouldn't own one! A good tool to have, and necessary in its place and time.

Some other prosperity stones are: Aventurine, green Tourmaline, Jade, Ox Eye, Carnelian, Lapis Lazuli, and golden Tiger's Eye. Oh, and also Imperial (golden) Topaz. :)

In general, I have found the crystal you most want at the moment is one you need...and, as they are kind of magnetic, the polar opposite holds true as well - if it really doesn't appeal to you, you probably need it ;p crystals seem to work in extremes! (I find...that is just my opinion...)

DownwardSpiral

Downwardspiral, that whole guy stopping in his tracks to stare at you was right out of a movie! That is so awesome that you took note of his words and were then able to see how they fit with your experience instead of getting caught up in the "creep factor" LOL (like I probably would have...just reading your account sent chills down my spine!)

It was funny because at the time something just told me to write it down. It wasn't until I started reading my scribbles and read what I was writing when he passed by me that I made the connection. LOL as far as him....his neighbor made it a point to tell a few things about him...not someone to do business with.

DownwardSpiral

Ok Miss post #55 : ) hehe..... I'll spill my guts here.

Last Friday while I was still working with the labradorite....A tinkerbell address label caught my attention. I think on Sat. I was looking at the Red-Eye and in it there was an article and there was Tinkerbell written in the article. Then Sunday my daughter was talking about birthday partys and I don't know what possessed me to say do Tinkerbell. Then we go to Target and she buys a Tinkerbell sport bottle and some other little thing with Tinkerbell on it. Then at home I hear Tinkerbell come out of my sons mouth. Sooo...I was looking for a crystal to connect with the pixies/fairies and then go to AT where you mention fairies in your last crystal thread. And now......"airy fairy" hmph. LOL

Oh and this morning while putting some oracle cards away there was my Tinkerbell playing cards : )

So...if anyone knows a crystal to connect with Tinkerbell and the fairies...I think she's calling me!