DECK OF THE MONTH - JUNE 2013 sign up thread

conurelover

Gad that deck is beautiful Aeric.

Found out my LWB is missing some of the card descriptions and a couple of the majors descriptions. Not sure why. That is okay though.

Mine is in that thread too.

Kathy123

Week one exercise - suit of cups

I would like to borrow an idea from Mi-Shell that she introduced to us last month for the focus of this months tarot study.

Every Monday we will look at a suit from our decks, and over the course of the week, we will journal about it.

This week, remove the SUIT OF CUPS from your deck, and lay them from left to right, starting with the Ace and ending with the King.

Look at the images on the cards, the symbolism, the colours, how do the cards flow into one another? Are there recurring themes between the cards? Is there one symbol or image that is present in all the cards? Do you have a favourite image? A least favorite image? Write your impressions of the cards and any feelings that you have associated with them.

Is there a story that can be told, from left to right, or from right to left? If it is not obvious, use your imagination and create a story. FOR THE JOURNALING EXERCISE, PLEASE POST THE STORY THAT YOU HAVE FORMULATED FOR THE SUIT OF CUPS :) IN THE DAILY DRAWS THREAD FOR THE DECK OF THE MONTH, ANY OTHER JOURNALING THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE ABOUT YOUR DECK CAN BE POSTED HERE :)

Aivli

Im still working with Shadowscapes...

Hey group!

I don't know why I had such a hard time finding the June thread. Lol!

Hopefully, I will be more interactive this month. This week, however, will be a bit crazy as its the last week of school and my middle son is graduating!

I am loving the topics, and exercises, and energy of this thread so far!

Kathy123

Hey group!

I don't know why I had such a hard time finding the June thread. Lol!

Hopefully, I will be more interactive this month. This week, however, will be a bit crazy as its the last week of school and my middle son is graduating!

I am loving the topics, and exercises, and energy of this thread so far!

Great to have you back!!! I am glad that you are loving your deck so much!!!

conurelover

Kathy I am sorry I am down to one deck now. The Minchiate requires full attention that I cannot give it. The AIT really feels natural to me right now so I will stick with just it this month. Minchiate will be another time.
Thank you.

Kathy123

Kathy I am sorry I am down to one deck now. The Minchiate requires full attention that I cannot give it. The AIT really feels natural to me right now so I will stick with just it this month. Minchiate will be another time.
Thank you.

No worries... I have updated you :)

Mi-Shell

I am digging through books and decks and other info, just to make sense of my card of the day:IX Ogmios.
But now I am ready to put a small post about it into the study threads.

conurelover, I get it! I too will have to take another crack at the Minchiate. I did it as a "deck of the Week and did 2 weeks instead of just 1, but then I just needed a change badly.

Aivli

Mi-Shell,

Loved your Cuchulainn card, what a great deck!

Have you ever read Red Branch by Morgan Llywelyn? If you want to really get to know the folklore and myth of Cuchulainn its a very compelling and easily digested novel. It's fiction based on historical documents, written by a master story teller. It would maybe even deepen your understanding of the rest of the deck. I find it easier to understand a deck if I can connect it to something like that.