Decks you love, but...that one card.

delinfrey

Okay, I thought about it long and hard, and my choice has got to be...

Legacy of the Divine - the Lovers... ugh... I love most of this deck, and it reads incredibly well, but this ONE card is stopping me from using it. I have a few querents who insist on this card - and I end up wishing the Lovers doesn't pop up! Darn I'm always so upset when it does :D What a primitive, ugly depiction... Looks like an 80's cheap album cover or something. To make matters worse - same image on the 2 of Cups, this time with dolphins and pearls!!! Oh dear, cringing now...

Brilliance

The Judgement card in the Morgan Greer deck... Looks like a communist propaganda :D Otherwise beautiful deck!

Girl Archer

Two of Cups from the deviant moon, something about it is just off and gives me the creeps :-/

feynrir

The Sun in Kat Black's Golden Tarot.
See, I've heard of people disliking this card in the Golden Tarot, but I have no beef with The Sun! However, Kat Black's Golden is indeed the deck that comes to mind when "but that ONE card" is mentioned.

My one card is the Page of Swords in this deck. Why the blazes there's a freaking bull flying around (I don't care if Ms. Black says it's leaping, it is straight up flying)...I struggle to justify. It is for this reason that I'd feel super embarrassed if the card ever came up for a client.

Still love the deck though! One of my recent acquisitions that I well could have regretted. Alas. :love:

SwordOfTruth

I hate the HP in the shadowscapes deck, she looks like a refugee from Splendour In The Grass. I have trouble taking her seriously since she reminds me of a recreational drug user.

Luna's Crone

omg

I hate the HP in the shadowscapes deck, she looks like a refugee from Splendour In The Grass. I have trouble taking her seriously since she reminds me of a recreational drug user.

this whole quote cracked me up...had to look it up again in the deck. you are so right. LOL I saw alot of that when in lived in San Fran!!!

all these tree people in all these cards reminds of the play where the postal worker turns into a tree in his front yard over a period of timr. strange play but really enjoyed. they made it for tv once.

Freddie

The 'Death' card in the 'St. Petersburg' is a little too much, but I can live with it as this deck is my mainstay these days.

Freddie

SwordOfTruth

Kat Black's Golden is indeed the deck that comes to mind when "but that ONE card" is mentioned.

My one card is the Page of Swords in this deck. Why the blazes there's a freaking bull flying around (I don't care if Ms. Black says it's leaping, it is straight up flying)...I struggle to justify. It is for this reason that I'd feel super embarrassed if the card ever came up for a client.

Still love the deck though! One of my recent acquisitions that I well could have regretted. Alas. :love:

lol....i thought that was a cat. I did wonder but you know for me the more puzzling card there is the Queen Of Swords. Who looks for all the world like a man with a beer gut. WTF!? Is this a pun....you know she's packing a sword alright.

feynrir

lol....i thought that was a cat. I did wonder but you know for me the more puzzling card there is the Queen Of Swords. Who looks for all the world like a man with a beer gut. WTF!? Is this a pun....you know she's packing a sword alright.

I am so grateful to you! I will definitely see this bull as a cat now! :love: That makes much more sense for that card anyway. Seriously.

Honestly...I think the Queen of Swords looks a wee bit like Ralph Fiennes. :D And that's a bit of a compliment!! Love that man! Haha!