Diary of Broken Soul

shadowdancer

sorry for the delay - just got back from my reading day. 14 readings in 5.5 hours and I am well and truly.. shattered :D

Here is round one of the images Ash sent and they show the building process.

Will also add the text as follows: (from Ash's e-mail)

" Itwon't be stable as a house until the first 4 cards are locked. Even then, it's not that stable yet but as we add on more cards, the house becomes solid - so solid you can lift it clear off the ground and flip it around to see what the other side shows without having to move about. And you can flip it upside down, any way around to read the cards.

It would help though to first write down the positions and the cards so when you flip the structure around, you'll know what you're lookng at, e.g : Front Door; Back Door; What is Known; What is Unknown; Hidden Challenge...

The Structure I ended up with in the pictures has 10 cards... Good luck with that. If reading all the cards on a flat surface is a challange; try seeing it in 6 different angles.. it feel like a 60 cards spread!!! Doing a house reading; less is definately more.."

Attachments

• diary 2.jpg
    diary 2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 124
  • diary 3.jpg
    diary 3.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 125
  • diary 4.jpg
    diary 4.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 118
  • diary 5.jpg
    diary 5.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 124
  • diary 6.jpg
    diary 6.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 123

thorhammer

That's really interesting, thankyou Davina! I like the different levels and how the images can play off one another given the different angles and facets. Thanks for posting!

Now go and have some hot soup or something to get your head back!

\m/ Kat

shadowdancer

and second batch shows the final build with text from Ash:

............................................................................................

This bunch of photos are basically the same house just flipped around so you can see it from different angles.

I even had pictures taken where I am holding the house in both my hands so you can see how stable it is. Its really TOO much fun!!

Attachments

• diary 6.jpg
    diary 6.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 121
  • diary 7.jpg
    diary 7.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 122
  • diary 9.jpg
    diary 9.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 106
  • diary 10.jpg
    diary 10.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 108
  • diary 11.jpg
    diary 11.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 113

sacredashes

:heart: Thank you for posting the pictures up, Davina :)

It wasn't that urgent... thank you so much for doing that so quick. Now, take Kat's advice and get some rest.

Go curl up with a good book and a cup of something sinful before Steve hits me with your plastic daffodil :D

:heart:
Ash

Kat, you're absolutely right. It is interesting to see the interplay of energies in 3D. Puts a whole new perspective on things when you see it in front of you compared to trying to visualize it in your mind's eye.

shadowdancer

I am glad you recommended something sinful. I have both a cold beer AND a glass of wine on the go. Nice suggestion re the soup but I can't find the energy to even heat that up at the moment... shameful I know. Rang Steve from the event and asked him to get a bottle in the fridge. :D Will sleep as if hibernating tonight no doubt. Plastic daffodil hidden from his reach :D

The build looks good. I think it will take a few practises to know how it goes together naturally. will be interesting to play with. I only had 15 minute slots today (which stretched to 20 most times as you can guess) so it may not be possible to do at these events, but where I don't have time constraints I think it will be a corker to try out :)

Davina

shadowdancer

so come on Wendy (as you are the first to receive it and still have the rest of us standing by front gates ready to mug postmen :D ) ...

what are your impressions two days in?
Have you used it for readings yet?
Any images really jump out at you?
Used it for house building?
Got any long term plans for it?

oh and if it comes up with the lottery numbers, PM me in secret :D

I am soo darned curious here

Davina

LotusSong

I just ordered my deck, and there's some people I'd like to thank.

*puts on ball gown, stands in front of podium holding a (fake) Oscar*

I'd like to thank my awesome mother who not only let me use her PayPal account to make the purchase, but paid me handsomely for watching my little sister during a very tense situation. I'd like to thank my two best friends and my boyfriend who gave me the last $10 I needed to buy the deck, just because they all could tell it was something I really wanted.

I want to thank the lovely people of AT for posting about this deck and bringing it to my attention. And most of all, I need to thank Ash for making this lovely deck and deciding to share it with all of us! Thank you for not making it cost several hundred dollars like I feared it would!

*steps off the stage*

If you live in the US, you'll hear my screaming when I get it. ;x

shadowdancer

Bless you for posting that LotusSong.
I think when a deck comes to be yours in this way it makes it a little more special for sure.

When you do get it please share in your thoughts and how it resonates. I reckon there might be two phases:

Initial tingles or thoughts.
How it burrows into your psyche and what it means to you over the longer term.

I think it is terrific you are open to working with a deck that doesn't follow usual protocols etc. You know you have loads of support and guidance with the rest of us here :) but I reckon you will fit quite comfortably with it.

Am sending out lots of thoughts that your postal service develops some pretty speedy wings :D

Davina

Tansey Ella

It may be difficult to distinguish who is screaming- b/c I will be screaming too. :)

Wendywu

This deck is awesome. Years ago I worked my way through Christine Jette's Shadow work book. I'm going to do it all again with this deck .... I have a feeling it will be an incredible adventure.

I am in the middle of a 6 month IDS and have started a 78 week study with the Ironwing at the moment and I am totally not going to break that discipline, but come the end of April (at the very earliest) my IDS will be over and I will be starting my exercises with the Diary. (I'll keep going with the 78 week thing with the Ironwing). At the same time I will read with the Diary properly and I am very much looking forward to it.

For me, I would be doing the deck no justice at all if I skittered over the surface pulling a card here and there. I want to work with it in a deep and serious way, and feel that to do that honourably I can't break my commitment to the Ironwing.

I am excited about the deck - I am looking forward to working with it so very much, but I made myself a promise and I have no reason to break it.