Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

gregory

Not so much a warning. I have no interest in my card being sold to the general public. Your post makes me even more leery. You know I :love: you, daniel - but I don't want you buying it for all your mates not on AT, sorry !

But my point is that we need to KNOW, so that those on either side of the fence know where they stand.

tarotbear

Obviously - in The Best of All Possible Worlds there should be Deck #5 for those who want a deck for public sale and perhaps a Deck #6 for those that don't.

Personally - I don't care what happens - I created my cards and descriptions and they're done. This is my last post in threads dedicated to Deck #5 ... which should make a bunch of people quite happy.

Flames

PLEASE READ

We understand your frustration and concerns.

As was stated earlier in Post #210 (pg 21), please read below. WE ASK THAT YOU BE PATIENT A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. PLEASE & THANK YOU!!! When we KNOW anything, you will be informed...and SOON. We assure you that we realize the importance of making this final decision.

Just a short note - the project wasn't started as a fundraising, and I don't think it will be one! The only reason we're looking into printing, is to make it easily available in good quality for Deck Creators and/or maybe AT members, at cost price. Every other information doesn't come from the team.

gregory

Obviously - in The Best of All Possible Worlds there should be Deck #5 for those who want a deck for public sale and perhaps a Deck #6 for those that don't.

Personally - I don't care what happens - I created my cards and descriptions and they're done. This is my last post in threads dedicated to Deck #5 ... which should make a bunch of people quite happy.
Some of us do care - quite a bit. And someone did actually suggest a set of extra cards so that those who didn't want sales could have their omitted. That sounds way too complicated - but if you want to organise that... Because you have seemed throughout to want it sold all over the place.

At the start I wanted this to happen - but the print/sales issue has put me off BIG time - and until we know what is planned, those who feel the same way are in limbo..

ETA cross posted. Thanks Flames - but do hurry. Some people who were thinking about it are beginning to lose interest. I know this...

Flames

PLEASE READ

I want to be sure that this message does not get missed...Here it is again.

As was stated earlier in Post #210 (pg 21), please read below. WE ASK THAT YOU BE PATIENT A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. PLEASE & THANK YOU!!! :) When we KNOW anything, you will be informed. We assure you that we realize the importance of making this final decision.

Just a short note - the project wasn't started as a fundraising, and I don't think it will be one! The only reason we're looking into printing, is to make it easily available in good quality for Deck Creators and/or maybe AT members, at cost price. Every other information doesn't come from the team.

Flames

At the start I wanted this to happen - but the print/sales issue has put me off BIG time - and until we know what is planned, those who feel the same way are in limbo..

ETA cross posted. Thanks Flames - but do hurry. Some people who were thinking about it are beginning to lose interest. I know this...

I understand. :) Thanks gregory. We appreciate your patience.

blue_fusion

Giving a date would help maybe? Is the poll set to end at a specific time?

I want to be sure that this message does not get missed...Here it is again.

As was stated earlier in Post #210 (pg 21), please read below. WE ASK THAT YOU BE PATIENT A LITTLE WHILE LONGER. PLEASE & THANK YOU!!! :) When we KNOW anything, you will be informed. We assure you that we realize the importance of making this final decision.

Rhapsodin

I was thinking of volunteering for the 7 of Cups. Can you print scratch and sniff?

quickly exits stage through the wings......

:D

OnePotato

As I already posted in the other thread: OR free- but I realise that's not possible. BUT - in the other collaborative decks I have been a part of, ONLY participants are eligible to buy copies; we get a quote and then effectively split the costs between us. That was what I thought was meant when printing was first brought up. For sale anywhere else - just to AT members or to the public is a whole different ball game.

Except this is not entirely true.
In the other collaborative deck you participated in, the first year it WAS free, because I produced and printed a copy for everyone, and paid for all of the shipping. YOU, gregory, did complain about how long it took me, and asked that I be kicked off the project, as I struggled to fix, and ultimately replace, my broken printer, but in the end you got your deck. (Initially, the cardbacks were to be blank, but when several people were unhappy about that, I designed the back pattern that is still in use today, and offered to add it for $10 because it effectively doubled the job. Only a few people chose that option.)

The Aeclectic ATC majors deck was also basically free, as each participant printed 22 copies of their card, and everyone exchanged. The whole premise of that deck was the concept of free exchange. Only participants could get eachother's work. But (please correct me if I'm wrong,) as I understand it, YOU, gregory, did not participate, but had a friend of yours who did two cards gave you a copy of the finished deck, despite the premise.

As for this project:
I think print on demand companies are a nice option that ought to be taken advantage of.

EDITED TO ADD: Links to AT ATC Majors Only Collaborative:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=67996&highlight=atc
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=74067&highlight=atc

gregory

Except this is not entirely true.
In the other collaborative deck you participated in, the first year it WAS free, because I produced and printed a copy for everyone, and paid for all of the shipping. YOU, gregory, did complain about how long it took me, and asked that I be kicked off the project, as I struggled to fix, and ultimately replace, my broken printer, but in the end you got your deck. (Initially, the cardbacks were to be blank, but when several people were unhappy about that, I designed the back pattern that is still in use today, and offered to add it for $10 because it effectively doubled the job. Only a few people chose that option.)

The Aeclectic ATC majors deck was also basically free, as each participant printed 22 copies of their card, and everyone exchanged. The whole premiss of that deck was the concept of free exchange. Only participants could get each other's work. But as I understand it, YOU did not participate, but had a friend of yours who did two cards give you a copy of the finished deck, despite the premiss.
As for this project:
I think print on demand companies are a nice option that ought to be taken advantage of.
Yes the first TCF one was free, and that was great of you. And yes, the ATC deck too - as I said way up this thread. I did in fact participate in the 78 card ATC deck here - I'm not sure which one I am supposed to have a copy of that I shouldn't have had ? I did a hermit and an 8 swords for the 78 card one.

Wait - 8 cups, as well, it seems ?

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=97009

And as you do know that at the time I misunderstood what had happened about your printer, I am sorry to see that raised again here. I don't see that it is strictly relevant to this project, but I will say again, and again in public, as I have done before, that I am sorry about that.

Limited POD is fine. Selling to all and sundry isn't, for me. To each their own. Are you going to take a card, OnePotato ? That would be great.

ETA Oh. I see you've added a link. That one. Yes one of the artists did gift me their own copy, for reasons too complicated to mention here. This is true. I'd forgotten about that one. I wasn't aware it was actually not allowed. Actually - and as a matter of interest, I suppose there is in fact nothing to stop me giving away one of my TCF decks if I like. I wouldn't but where in the rules does it say I can't do as I please with my single participants only copy ? But fair enough; I'm sorry you feel they shouldn't have gifted it to me.