Discussion Thread for: The Making of a New AT Collab Deck

Marirowana

Not a point of discussion, just saying...

people just don’t know how big job is to actually publish something!
Especially Tarot deck! You dont have a clue how much job it require back stage! Im not talking about myself but other team members who had to settle tech stuff, copyright, print company shipping and million others task required!^^

so what if they actually get some money for all time nerves and work they invested in this?
don’t you think that would be fair?^^

It is a lot of work, but I don't think the people organizing it should get any money from the artwork of others. I participate in the team because I like the project, and it's a nice experience to organize an artistic project, and my English writing improves every day :D It is rewarding enough without a physical reward. I wouldn't even do it if there was money involved, you know, pressure...

danieljuk

thank you daphne for taking the time to explain that to me :)
thanks solandia for clarifying!
the team are doing marvellously and we all now know the details :thumbsup:

I will sign up if I can think of a good idea or an inspiration for one of the cards left :)

gregory

It is a lot of work, but I don't think the people organizing it should get any money from the artwork of others. I participate in the team because I like the project, and it's a nice experience to organize an artistic project, and my English writing improves every day :D It is rewarding enough without a physical reward. I wouldn't even do it if there was money involved, you know, pressure...
Thank you, Marirowana - my views exactly.

I think for a "commercial" collaborative project you'd need to do it off forum, sort of, reall. There's nothing to stop you.

reall

@marirowana gregory i get your concern, but if printed deck ever happen it should be made like one of those kickstarter projects?^^ and not *over the back* of the ATforum, Solandia, or previous collab decks ^^ ;))) (if possible:))so there is no reason to worry about being included in something you don't wish to participate?!^^ ;)))

gregory

@marirowana gregory i get your concern, but if printed deck ever happen it should be made like one of those kickstarter projects?^^ and not *over the back* of the ATforum, Solandia, or previous collab decks ^^ ;))) (if possible:))so there is no reason to worry about being included in something you don't wish to participate?!^^ ;)))
I didn't say I wouldn't participate or wish to in a commercial deck - I've no idea if I would or not - it would depend on many things. Of course I wouldn't "worry about being included" against my will. I would participate or not, when I saw the terms of such a deck. But that wasn't what I signed up for here. For that you'd need all new artwork.

THIS deck, that we are working on, could not have been made to work that way, was all. I didn't say anything but that a "commercial" deck should not be on the back of this forum - as you agree. I also said if you want to organise one, go for it, but you'd need your artists before you hit kickstarter.

Not that any of this is relevant. I am still waiting to see what second card to take :)

daphne

It is a lot of work, but I don't think the people organizing it should get any money from the artwork of others.mI participate in the team because I like the project, and it's a nice experience to organize an artistic project, and my English writing improves every day :D It is rewarding enough without a physical reward. I wouldn't even do it if there was money involved, you know, pressure...

Her words exactly.
I do it because I am very enthusiastic about the project. I'd like to have as many ATs involved in creation, with most diverse styles and ideas. That's all I need. :)

daphne

thank you daphne for taking the time to explain that to me :)
thanks solandia for clarifying!
the team are doing marvellously and we all now know the details :thumbsup:

I will sign up if I can think of a good idea or an inspiration for one of the cards left :)

Dear Daniel, I'll wait for you! Please, dare! :)

daphne

(of course every artist will keep copyright for card but give permission to print deck!^^)
edit imo if printed deck ever happen it should be made like one of those kickstarter projects?

I like your enthusiasm, reall. This is a project that can be set-up & discuss at later points. Now, let's embrace this one. :)

gregory

Daniel - if you look at the mousey deck, which I think is still up here somewhere, someone DID do two matchsticks for two wands !

Go for it !

Laura Borealis

We assume everyone reads the 'rules' posted as a sticky note in the creation forum, about the copyright. This thread is a part of it:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=75304

Haha, I've learned to never assume that people read stuff, even if it is made explicit. But it's a moot point now.

Thank you, Solandia, for weighing in. I'm glad this question is settled so we can move on. :thumbsup: