Divining life instead of living it.

MareSaturni

moderndayruth said:
:D :D :D

Marina, read your own posts, before hitting the 'submit' button and accusing people of putting their words into your mouth. ;)

I wasn't calling you a fool, sorry if that's what it seemed. I was just saying that foolishness has many different faces and aspects, and that The Fool card illustrates it well.

I'll edit this in my post to avoid confusion.

gregory said:
SURE - but I also see that Marina is saying much the same thing, simply in terms of taking personal responsibility.

NO-ONE can afford to take the advice of oracles on everything. It's like navel gazing. It means you miss life. There's an essential difference between using tools and spending your whole life deciding which is the better screwdriver.

That's my point, exactly. Thanks for putting it in proper English, it seems I am unfortunately a few lightyears from being Shakespeare.

gregory

moderndayruth said:
Oh, geez, Greg, why being a peacekeeper in the first heated thread that we are having on boards for ages?! :rolleyes:

If seriously, i think that we come from different viewpoints, but that it doesn't hurt to exchange opinions and arguments, as long as it is civil and impersonal. ;)
Who's a peace maker ? }) I am FASCINATED by the topic, but I am trying to stay on what I thought Marina meant ! I have had NO problem understanding the original question, which I think was expressed very clearly. And it does worry me that some people spend so much time asking cards, bones, sugar packets, that they miss out on being human even. It scares me.

It's not just the people who ask the same questions over and over; it's the ones who feel dreadful if they didn't have time to pull their daily card before breakfast as now they can't be sure how they "should" live their day. The ones who WORRY that they are doing something wrong (there was a HUGE thread here a little while ago) because they drew cards for the week and then their week didn't pan out as the cards said it would - so what were they doing wrong.....

WHAT ????

That's not the same as thinking before you speak. :D

moderndayruth

Marina said:
I wasn't calling you a fool, sorry if that's what it seemed. I was just saying that foolishness has many different faces and aspects, and that The Fool card illustrates it well.
I know, i was just teasing, sorry. :(

Marina said:
That's my point, exactly. Thanks for putting it in proper English, it seems I am unfortunately a few lightyears from being Shakespeare.
I think that you present your views in a great way and i am actually glad that we disagreed here, as i got to stretch my brain.
No harm meant, promise. :heart:

MareSaturni

moderndayruth said:
I know, i was just teasing, sorry. :(

Oh good! I was worried, lol! :laugh:

moderndayruth said:
I think that you present your views in a great way and i am actually glad that we disagreed here, as i got to stretch my brain.
No harm meant, promise. :heart:

Thank you. This was some good brain stretch, indeed.

No hard feelings on my part, either! :D :heart:

SunChariot

Marina said:
Hey Babs! I know each case is a case, some relationships just have a big communication barrier that makes it nearly impossible for the people involved to talk. So cards can be truly handy. I was not judging the kind of question asked, but the (sometimes unconscious) decision of not trying to do something about it.

I don't think anyone needs to change how they read, just sometimes ask themselves if they (or their querents) are actually using the advice of the cards in a practical way, or if they are just "stuck on getting a particular answer" repeatedly, as Aulruna beautifully put!

I hadn't thought of this aspect - the way you use tarot may end up turning you off from it. But I agree and I think it has happened to me too more than once! I remember many times reading things in the cards, placing a big expectation on the, and expecting them to reach me while I sat on the couch watching TV... when actually, the cards were trying to spur me on to go after what I wanted.

Yes, I think it's a good way to put it. :)
Exactly, that is what I needed to stop and think about, if I was doing that at times. Asking the cards when it would have been more appropriate tpo ask the person. I am not sure if I do that sometimes so as not to face my fears but it is something I needed to think about. And again I thank you for this post as it made me think.

I personally would never stop using the cards, but if I were doing that I might decide to change the types of questions I ask or to work differently wtih the answers. But to stop reading Tarot? I could never do that.

And btw, I was not judging you either or the questions you asked. I was just trying to answer the question. Its extremely rare, almost never, that I judge people anyway. :heart:

Babs

MareSaturni

SunChariot said:
I personally would never stop using the cards, but if I were doing that I might decide to change the types of questions I ask or to work differently wtih the answers. But to stop reading Tarot? I could never do that.

I wouldn't stop using cards either, I just try to think about my practice sometimes, and see if it's helping me or hindering me. There are times in which I don't even want to read myself, because I know I wouldn't see what the cards are truly saying even if the message danced the hula before my eyes! ;)

SunChariot said:
And btw, I was not judging you either or the questions you asked. I was just trying to answer the question. Its extremely rare, almost never, that I judge people anyway. :heart:

I didn't feel judged by you, Babs, no worries! I liked your answer and I am happy to know my little thread gave you some food for thought!

MissJo

I can certainly see that happening. I mean, you have a tool, what can be a powerful tool, for knowing. Sometimes it's hard to restrict oneself and use it to it's potential.

Personally, I use the cards as... oh... being just a step ahead? But at the same time, I'm not necessarily quick to believe the cards. Oh yes, they can say that but it may not be true or what you think. Ex: I asked a question if something was directed towards me, doing a reading for myself and going for outside. Both said yes, I later find out it was indeed for someone else. Now, this can be one of two things, one: the cards were wrong, two: someone is making me jealous. But I'm not going to delve any deeper into the situation. My point? Things can be wrong, and sometimes you don't get the WHOLE truth.

I prefer to keep the readings in mind and judge from what I see from the situation/person in question. I mean, Fate may be all knowing, but that doesn't mean it (they?) are going to give you all the information. Nor does it mean that knowing everything is good for you! Who doesn't like a little surprise in their life?

Aerin

Well, sometimes I wonder the OPPOSITE thing.

What if I would be better off paying more attention to the cards and letting them rule my life a bit more? What if I am too skeptical and spend too much time figuring stuff out myself?

I wonder what it would be like to live life like the man in this book

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dice_Man

(which I haven't read, I just read a lot about it...)

only with Tarot.

Lillie

Is anyone else like me, if the cards or whatever say they should do something they do the opposite because they aren't going to be told what to do by a deck of cards?

Cos I do that.

Pen

I'm not always that sure about what they're telling me, unless (like just lately) they slap me in the face, and then it's always in hindsight (after a very short interval) that I know. I'm not convinced it's the cards that are doing the telling either - and please don't ask me who or what is....

Pen

Edited to add that maybe the cards know this tendency of yours and have programmed it into the reading...