does hell exist?

teenagegirl

I know this might sound stupid, but am still wondering if hell could exist? does anybody know if it does or doesn't? its just one of those many questions that just poped into my head.

cayacia

I really like to let people decide what they believe in. Mostly because I want people to let me decide what I believe in. I don't believe in heaven and hell. I personally believe that we are all spirits that come to Earth to learn lessons to better our higher selves. Therefore, I also believe in reincarnation. Through listening and reading what other's believe, I have come to my own conclusions on the base that if I FEEL that it is true, then it is.

love and light

Liliana

the classical depiction of Hell doesnt exist to me, take a look at this site it may help

http://www.what-the-hell-is-hell.com/

Jeanette

I think it does. I think purgatory exists, too. If you do bad, mean things during this lifetime, when do you pay the penalty? I think heaven is when you are forever in the presence of your god/dess, and hell is when you are separated. Purgatory is for little bad things, and it's not for eternity, so after you make up for the little bad things, then you go to heaven.

truthsayer

i don't know if i believe in heaven or hell. i do have a theory that life here and now on earth is hell and whatever comes after this has to be better. personally, heaven and hell are human concepts born out of the human need to see justice done--the good are rewarded and the bad punished. i believe that it's actually more complicated than this good vs. evil scenario but then who actually knows the mind of Spirit?

tarotbear

What about "Limbo" ? That dreadful christian creation that babies who died without being baptised first were supposed to go. Why don't they just return to Heaven and get 'recycled'?

Did you ever see the Movie 'The Seventh Seal'? (Not the Seventh Sign) where they talk about the souls of the unborn reside in 'the Guf'? Interesting movie!

faunabay

Let's see if I can make myself understandable. Usually when the question is very philosophical I get the thoughts in my head but trying to translate them into words doesn't always work. So here goes...
I believe you can make a certain type of Hell and it's here on earth. You can make your life hell by living badly in a non-loving manner. I don't believe there's a Hell underground ruled by Satan with the pitchfork and red skin. IMO the only way you can be in Hell is if you take yourself there by your thoughts and actions in this lifetime.
As you problably can tell like cayacia, I believe in reincarnation and we are spirits here to learn lessons. I also believe that we are the blessed ones who get to come to earth to learn these lessons. So don't take the long way around by placing yourself in your own Hell instead of living a loving, beautiful life.
Also like cayacia says, this is my opinion. Take of it what you will, but make up your own mind as to what your opinions are. That what minds are for - using and learning. :)

Malachite

Imagine living with the memory of your actions in this life, forever...

Diana

Possibly a child soldier in Sierra Leone could give us first hand knowledge on this subject.

truthsayer

i have always believed in reincarnation but i believe that there is a place for human evil to balance out good. is it possible to grow spiritually w/o experiencing temptations and pain? how could we define good if we all haven't experienced negativity in our lives? some souls get trapped in the cycle of destruction. some souls want to be part of the cycle of destruction. others grow from the experience of pain. others are here to guide us to even higher levels. life needs a balance and structure. hence, if you believe in the story of the garden of eden then we would have never left the most perfect place ever created and never had the chance to create our own mistakes, learn from them, and evolve to higher levels of being.

anyhow, this is just an opinion. i'm really enjoying this discussion!