Dreamtime crystals?

Gracie2k

I have some Shaman Stones a pair and not sure how safe it is to sleep with stones under your pillow. I love the energy from them and I sleep well,with beautiful dreams, no nightmares but I feel lethargic in the daytime.

Mochi I believe the name is.

I just love, love love them

celticnoodle

oh yes. I know these stones and almost bought one when I worked in a New Age shop, but never did. They are not much to look at, really, but they are an interesting crystal. I have read up on them and know they supposedly very good for grounding, cleansing and are also a great stone to help with astral traveling.

I'm glad you 'reminded' me of this stone! I've been planning to go to the new age shop near me here, and have yet to do so. I've GOT to go and look for this gemstone! :D

I know with my moldavite I can't keep it too close to my bed at night, because it affects me negatively. so, I keep it a bit further away. :) have you noticed anything else with this stone? I'd be interested in knowing your experiences with it. please share! :)

frac_ture

I'm not familiar with the name "Mochi," but I have a stone that was billed as being "Shaman Stone" -- this one is called lodalite.

Funnily enough, I just put it under my pillow and slept that way a couple of nights ago. It's the only time I tried it, and I didn't notice any real boost in the intensity or "lucid-ness" of my dreaming that night, but I also didn't make a concerted effort to get any specific result, either. It was more a case of me just wanting to see if anything out of the ordinary might happen in general. Nothing did that night, but I'm sure I'll try it again!

celticnoodle

ah well, keep us posted, Frac_ture. I'd like to hear if it does work.

frac_ture

ah well, keep us posted, Frac_ture. I'd like to hear if it does work.

I'll be happy to do that. I can offer the results of a few other similar experiments, though...

I definitely had very intense and vivid dreams in much greater quantities than usual when I tried the same thing with amethyst, with lapis lazuli, and with sodalite -- all stones that fall into the blue-purple end of the color spectrum. Using charoite -- which is a beautiful, swirly, purple stone that makes me think of it almost as looking sort of like a purple version of malachite -- didn't produce as much of this effect as I'd thought it might, but I realized the next morning that I was way more scatter-brained and non-linear in thought than usual, so I concluded that that particular stone must really do a lot to hook a person up with their intuitive, non-logical, right-brain. Using the stone called Dream Quartz didn't actually produce much in the way of intense dreams for me, oddly enough, and neither did an attempt with a piece of malachite (both are from the green part of the color-field, so maybe I'm just more wired to resonate the most with blue/indigo/purple). I also tried once with chrysocolla, and I kind of foolishly haven't been keeping good notes in a journal, so I don't remember what the specifics were that time -- I think I had more dreams, and of greater intensity, than I would have on a normal, no-stone-under-the-pillow night, but not as much as with the first few stones I listed above.

I also tried a few different stones grouped together, but I didn't get much to happen, and I definitely suspect that combining the energies of different stones is a more advanced technique, and I might do well to get more familiar with individual stones and their effects on me personally first before I try to combine a bunch of them again...

I do want to press on with similar experiments (the above "data" represent results from only a single experiment per type of stone, and that's hardly a broad sample size on which to base sweeping/definitive conclusions!) , so anyone interested can ask me for updates on the board or via PM, or even request an experiment (if I have the stone in question, of course!).

I also got myself my first pendulum and my first couple of stones to use for scrying, and I'd be interested in talking to people who do work in those areas...:)

Gracie2k

yes 1Eleven those are the stones I am using. I am finding however, I do feel incredibly lethargic throughout the day still. However, the dreams are colourful and peaceful nothing horrible sometimes one long dream, sometimes several. I wake up feeling drained still but the dreams make me feel content comforted.
I wish that comfort would go into the daytime as, that is when I need it the most.
I will let you know what happens but so far nothing extraordinary apart from a dream I saw a male shaman who told me I must keep the crystals with me, but I need many more to use, I have too little for what I need. Just two gemstones will not lift my mood right now.
Frac ture I have other gemstones but dont use them I am afraid again as above I will become lethargic. I dont feel grounded by the stones the complete opposite infact I feel spacey and like I am not in touch with reality around me.
yet I did have to have hospital treatment recent and anesthetic so, it might be why!

DownwardSpiral

I can offer the results of a few other similar experiments, though...

Ok interestingly.......today (no lie) I was thinking.....what if I started a thread...like an experiment....getting to know your crystals. Before Christmas I bought a few different crystals (one of which is lodalite and another iolite) and sadly haven't done much with them. LOL so anyway I was thinking what if I (and others could do this as well) spent a week with each one....carry it with me...talk to it...hold it...sleep with it and record the results. I could even do some sort of reading asking each one what it has to teach/offer me. Kinda like a new deck interview. Just some ideas here. I'm not even sure if that would go in crystals or divination...but it would be interesting.

Last night I looked up iolite and it said it was for the throat and third eye chakra. So I held it close to these chakras and could feel warm. LOL so I held it close to my neck and moved it up and down and the warmth moved with the stone. I put it in my pillow and do remember dreaming last night...I just don't remember what I dreamed.

I would LOVE to have vivid dreams....LOL NOT lucid.....as my dreams are always sadly shades of grey. I thought everyone dreamed that way.

frac_ture

Ok interestingly.......today (no lie) I was thinking.....what if I started a thread...like an experiment....getting to know your crystals. Before Christmas I bought a few different crystals (one of which is lodalite and another iolite) and sadly haven't done much with them. LOL so anyway I was thinking what if I (and others could do this as well) spent a week with each one....carry it with me...talk to it...hold it...sleep with it and record the results. I could even do some sort of reading asking each one what it has to teach/offer me. Kinda like a new deck interview. Just some ideas here. I'm not even sure if that would go in crystals or divination...but it would be interesting

I'd think Crystals would be the right section since it would be possible to investigate not just properties connected with divination, but also with things like dreaming (lucid or otherwise), healing, astral travel, meditation, communication with guides, etc.

But anyway, if you're suggesting a sort of "Crystal Study Group," I could be very interested -- I've been fumbling my way through so far, but I'm very new to crystals, and I find it frustrating that every resource I check seems to have a different take on any given crystal! I mean, there are some things that are generally held, but there's a lot of variance from one opinion to the next, so I think personal experimentation is critical. It might be cool and illuminating and inspiring to post experiences with some like-minded people who are also exploring. I like your idea about extending each trial period to one week, too -- so far, I jumped into buying a bunch of different crystals, and I've been cycling through them one night at a time, with maybe an extra evening session of trying to use them in one way or another, too...but that's not much time, and a full week might be a much smarter way to really get the feel for a given crystal.

If a few people would be interested in pursuing this, I'd be game!