Fellings - Temperance+Moon??

iness

I did a reading about the feeling of someone toward another (love wise) and in the mix of the cards there was this combination that confused me:

temperance + to the moon

this person has feelings of confusion that are coming to a balance?
this person is more concern in healing the mental confusion?
I am having a hard time with this... because this cards have such different energies and a bit contradictory...

challenging one for me... :p

laurence

It might be that this person has mixed feelings towards the querent and would like to bring those extremes emotions (moon) into balance (Temperance).
As if they have a very confused idea about her and try to figure out their feelings by having a compassionate eye and a calm approach.

iness

It might be that this person has mixed feelings towards the querent and would like to bring those extremes emotions (moon) into balance (Temperance).
As if they have a very confused idea about her and try to figure out their feelings by having a compassionate eye and a calm approach.

yes, that probably makes sense... seen like that. Thanks for your feedback :)

Tiggy-cat

I could see it also as trying to temper, or balance out, intense, wild and possibly irrational or "crazy" feelings about someone.

Ruby Jewel

I did a reading about the feeling of someone toward another (love wise) and in the mix of the cards there was this combination that confused me:

temperance + to the moon

this person has feelings of confusion that are coming to a balance?
this person is more concern in healing the mental confusion?
I am having a hard time with this... because this cards have such different energies and a bit contradictory...

challenging one for me... :p

Temperance is one of the Four Virtues, namely, prudence.

The Moon is being lost and confused in some kind of addiction....perhaps a love addiction that is symbiotic, controlling, or in some way an unhealthy situation for the person and she is unable to find her way out.

Temperance is showing the person how to get through the situation: be prudent - seek balance and choose wisely, and follow the path through the two towers in the Moon card (18).

The Sun (19) is waiting on the other side of the two towers. Keep walking.

iness

I could see it also as trying to temper, or balance out, intense, wild and possibly irrational or "crazy" feelings about someone.

OMG! this makes sense as well... :p

iness

Temperance is one of the Four Virtues, namely, prudence.

The Moon is being lost and confused in some kind of addiction....perhaps a love addiction that is symbiotic, controlling, or in some way an unhealthy situation for the person and she is unable to find her way out.

Temperance is showing the person how to get through the situation: be prudent - seek balance and choose wisely, and follow the path through the two towers in the Moon card (18).

The Sun (19) is waiting on the other side of the two towers. Keep walking.

Great insight :) in any case it always means confusion and a search for balance, also because on of the cards in the past was the 6 of pentacles, that asks for some balance as well ...

LeFou

in any case it always means confusion...

Personally, I haven't found the cards to be so consistent in what they mean. For example, sometimes Moon means "month," cycles, tides, nature, mystery, romance, what is "invisible but powerful," and even at times "motherhood," or one's mother, the feminine (Yin), even the element silver (and of course dozens more).

Temperance can mean "technique," finesse, nuance, special training taking years to master (as opposed to adjusting two ingredients -- what if it's much more complex than mixing two incredients?) Traditionally, the angel is mixing two opposites to produce a third, so even by traditional meanings, it's well beyond "balance of two things," I think.

Ruby Jewel

Personally, I haven't found the cards to be so consistent in what they mean. For example, sometimes Moon means "month," cycles, tides, nature, mystery, romance, what is "invisible but powerful," and even at times "motherhood," or one's mother, the feminine (Yin), even the element silver (and of course dozens more).

Temperance can mean "technique," finesse, nuance, special training taking years to master (as opposed to adjusting two ingredients -- what if it's much more complex than mixing two incredients?) Traditionally, the angel is mixing two opposites to produce a third, so even by traditional meanings, it's well beyond "balance of two things," I think.

Moon as the higher vibration of the High Priestess is mystery and invisible power or motherhood all of which are signified by the HP. The card has many aspects. I don't feel compelled to read a card according to any particular entrenched definition.....it seems most powerful when an intuitive interpretation is allowed. Definitions are just a point of departure for me....perhaps you, too.

Based on the "humours" theory, I see Temperance more as mixing the 4 humours, but never achieving an equal ratio or a balance. Sort of like life itself. Balance is the still point...stasis or death. It is seldom actually achieved in the biological world....even in Justice. Still, it is in the seeking it that we make our adjustments and pull our mentality and our lives back together. Like water seeking it's level Nature seeks balance. The day it is actually achieved however, the water stagnates and life ends. Entropy is death. So, that is the message of Temperance....the mixing of the contents of the two jugs never ceases...she never puts them down and says, okay, that's it.The journey in life never ends, until it ends.

iness

yes, that is true... and that is also why sometimes many of them make sense... and sometimes also they make sense even though they are contradicting each other :)