Fool & Death as Advice - Let it go OR go for it??

SwordOfTruth

I hate this situation, and I am craving for something to happen that would resolve my inner conflicts and/or show me my way. I wouldn't care if it was painful.

To sum up, I am feeling stuck, that's why I asked the card for guidance.

I guess I will do an other more detailed advice-reading, because with these cards I feel stuck again. :)

I know this feeling well. I am presently stuck too. Do a detailed read and put it in the your readings section, that way others can elaborate on all the cards and see if they can touch on things that seem significant to you.

Sagittarius85

Decision-making spread?

What do you think about this decision-making spread?

****** 1 ******
2 **** 5 **** 8
3 **** 6 **** 9
4 **** 7 **** 10

1. My current situation

2. Negative aspects/ drawbacks of first option
3. Rewards / positive aspects of first option
4. Outcome of first option

5. Negative aspects/ drawbacks of second option
6. Rewards / positive aspects of second option
7. Outcome of second option

8. Negative aspects/ drawbacks of third option
9. Rewards / positive aspects of third option
10. Outcome of third option

(The options in my case: I.option - Go for it!; II. option - Do nothing, stay inactive, wait!; III. option - Forget it! Let it go)

Or could you suggest me other decision-making spreads?

Thank you in advance! :)

tarot_quest

Yes,

you have nothing to lose if you do this spread :) You might even gain some clarity.

Like someone else mentioned, you can post your reading after

* I would like to add, I have been in your situation (but the roles were inverted with the guy) and my best advice would be to also reach for the other person (email, meeting, over the phone,...) to express to him what you feel. This is not cheating, and you will also understand how he feels and what he wants. He might not get in touch with you because you are with someone. Also, talking about it might ''release'' this romantic/passionate energy. By writing email to this man (in my situation) I slowly got over him because despite his attraction for me, he made it clear that he wanted to stay with his current girlfriend. It took me a long time to get over him, but today I feel ok about that story.

Maybe at the end, you will realize that you want to stay with your current boyfriend. Crazy attraction are nice (and confusing), but they often don't lead you to something concrete

PAMUYA

I read this yesterday and it has been on my mind. The Fool and Devil are good partners. The Fool is always off to find a new adventure, adventure after adventure. Once the Fool has found it and tires of it he lets it go (Death) and moves on. These are making you look at why you stay. Are you comfortable in your fur lined rut? You found another who sparked your interest, how long before the next one? Why are you looking else where, or attracted to another IF you are already in love. These cards are asking you a tough question, don't just brush it aside.

Sagittarius85

I read this yesterday and it has been on my mind. The Fool and Devil are good partners. The Fool is always off to find a new adventure, adventure after adventure. Once the Fool has found it and tires of it he lets it go (Death) and moves on. These are making you look at why you stay. Are you comfortable in your fur lined rut? You found another who sparked your interest, how long before the next one? Why are you looking else where, or attracted to another IF you are already in love. These cards are asking you a tough question, don't just brush it aside.

Wow, great thoughts! :)

If you are conversant with astrology, you will understand it:

My sun sign is Sagittarius, my Ascendant is Aqarius. The ruler of my 7th house (marriage, relationships) is in conjunction with the Uranus, and my Moon is in the Scorpio sign.

So, I am always crawing for new adventures, passion, excitement, and I need some space for myself, some independence, but I need deep connections and feelings at the same time.....

I am conscious and aware of these traits of my personality, and I try to handle them and behave in a mature manner. It does not mean that I am unfaithful to my boyfriend, but there were always temptations in my lovelife, I am a "rolling stone", and it usually caused suffering and abandonment for me.

You have described perfectly my "suppressed mentality". :) But don't worry, I don't "let" myself to behave this way. :)

Puffette

Advice - Let it go or go for it?

Fool -The Fool has just started his journey, he has just left his village, he is looking for new adventures and experiences, so it can mean the "let it go" version. But, it usually shows the beginning of something new, a rebirth and renewal of some sort, so it might be a "don't give up" message as well.

Death - It can mean that a chapter in your life is ending, and it is better if you accept and release it. So, it may suggest "letting things go". But, the old things are usually replaced with something better, so it can mean that "do not give up", change will come.

I am totally confused.

I would be very happy if you could share your thoughts with me!

Thank you in advance!

(I asked the card that what the best attitude was towards someone. What should I do, should I let things go, or go for them.... )

The fool always had a flair of carelesness in it..childish behaviour and even not stressing too much over something. We see the guy sitting on top of the cliff unaware that he's about to fall,because he's so happy and excited and dumb that thanks God there is this puppy barking at him this way he notices his mistake. To me this card says we can enjoy life but with limits and without risking everything for a cause.You can risk but expect sudden changes and unfriendly environments since u left your home and you wandering on the streets. There is dangers at any step if u are weak. In terms of relationships,if u two are separated then the fool in here says to get out of your comfort zone and make a step and risk but with limits. If u know u will find something at the end of the tunnel go for it..but if u already know what to expect it says u should probably try new teritories.Maybe this card is saying that u are worrying way too much for nothing..
Death as second advice is different then the fool because it is more painful. Death shows sudden and necesary changes and transformation(complete at times). Let's say u have a strong ego and u have stopped being with this person either because u have did a mistake and u do not aknoweldge it or the partner did something to you that u cannot get over with. Death says,get over that even over your ego and break the wall between u two even though this means admitting a mistake and "shaming" yourself or feeling lower then your partner.. I hope u understand what i mean.
I dont see these 2 cards as representing lettin go something because there are other cards for that. These 2 cards say: try your luck. It might bring u to experience something u havent experienced before.

Grizabella

If the Fool does go ahead and step off the cliff, there's no going back. Whatever happens after that is totally and completely done. He can never go back and change anything. In fact, he'll never be the same again in any way. So he's going to be stuck facing the future with no choice but to go forward with whatever condition he's left with after the fall.

We might look at that little dog as our gut instinct. If we don't heed what that little still voice in our ear is trying to tell us, we can expect to pay some non-reversible consequences.

Laurelle

It might not be positive for an existing relationship, unless it meant taking it to the next level--as in, going from dating to getting married.

If you're not yet in a relationship, or if you're friends with your potential lover, it can be very positive, as it suggests taking a chance and going for it, leaving behind the non-relationship state, and in a sense, ending the original nature of friends-only to become lovers.

I think there are better cards to suggest marriage. Personally, I have never seen Death mean marriage. I have also never seen it mean the end of a friendship because you are now lovers. Again, there are better cards. Essentially Death means it's over. If you become lovers with someone, you will still retain a friendship. So I don't see how this would fit in that particular example that you gave me.

If she's asking IF she should go for it, then I think she should. So you are agreeing with me when you said

it can be very positive, as it suggests taking a chance and going for it,

Puffette

A few more add ups:I remember i had the Death once for a reconciliation and it was so welcomed because the people involved started from zero and left the past behind and didnt repeated the old mistakes anymore.It was the death of silence and bum the guy came in her life like a whirlwind and changed the situation between them in a whole unexpectedly way(he said later he was expecting her to make a step as he was having too much pride).The reconciliation came up after she has decided to give him a sign and admit that she needed him in her life. And it surprised me because there are so many other cards that could've pointed a happy reunion but no..it was the Death card.My friend even said to me that she couldnt believe how drastic it was the change and how nicely he behaves with her.I was scratching my head of course because i said they will reconcile but at that time i could not predict what would be the effect of this card for them on long term(i thought was temporary)..but.. they are still together nowadays..
I agree with you Laurelle! I think that the marriage is such a happy event that it should not be associated with such a dark card.
I remember time ago i had a lady visiting me(she was 30 at that time) who asked me to shuffle for her and the death card was repeating obsesivelly while i was laying cards,even while i was shuffling it fell once and i asked her why??? Why is the death repeating in your past and in your present,what's the transformation u are planning to do and her answer shocked me.. she wanted to die..(divorce and a few problems in between were affecting her so much that she was seeying only death ahead)..
She has atempted suicide in the past and she was depressive and thinking obsessively about dying in the present time..
For me the Death card is so tricky and ambigous.. on one side it shows how a bad situation can be easily resolved and have a fresh restart and on the other side it shows how a person wanted total self-distruction due to a depression.
About the fool card...I like how Grizabella pointed out the puppy meaning as a gut instinct..never thought about that.