Getting frustrated

Glass Owl

poopsie said:
Also when I would do a reading, I would change the formation of the cards after I have read each card. I called this process my synthesis and integration. I only do this process after I have read each card. I would put all the major arcanas together and see if there is a coherence in the way the cards connected. then I would organize them by suites, by characters and by number. I found doing this useful and I ink it increased both my intuition and my application of logic. it helps to journalize and keep notes. I even draw the cards and how I positioned them in the pared and the integration just to see their connections and synergy with each other.
I have left readings out and my daughter has come along and moved the cards into interesting groupings. Kids have a knack for seeing parallels and connections.

Barleywine

poopsie said:
Also when I would do a reading, I would change the formation of the cards after I have read each card. I called this process my synthesis and integration. I only do this process after I have read each card. I would put all the major arcanas together and see if there is a coherence in the way the cards connected. then I would organize them by suites, by characters and by number. . . .

I REALLY like this touch. I have always looked at preponderances within a spread for additional insight, but always within the framework of the spread, the narrative flow of the sequence and the relative card positioning (kind of a "bridging" technique). This is the next logical step, to break the kindred sets right out of the framework and correlate them on their own. Looks like a good way to make "mini-stories" that extend and amplify the main thrust of the reading and concentrate the values of any preponderance. Rather a bit like some of the preliminary reading methods that involve drawing a few cards and elaborating on the precepts of the session (e.g. "Tell the querent why he/she has come."), but this is much better because the territory has already been mapped and this squeezes more meaning out of the array. "Synthesis and integration" is especially apt since it echoes the astrological technique of grouping chart elements in different ways and looking for added emphasis. I might also think of it as "deconstructing" the spread or "rendering" it into its keynote elements using this nicely rigorous yet simple hierarchical template. Still better is the fact that this might not only reinforce and embellish what has already been said, it could open up entirely new lines of inquiry that may have only been hinted at in the main reading. Bravo and thank you!

Rovay

Carla said:
Are you fairly confident in card meanings yet? Knowing a few standard meanings for each card helps act as a springboard for your own interpretation. When you read, do you lose confidence and start looking through your books for meanings, then try to make what the book says apply to the situation? That can be confusing.

One thing you can try. Keep your spreads small, resist the urge to refer to a book, and then post your reading here for feedback from other people. That helps!

QFT. Ja.

SunChariot

Tarot Fairy said:
Hi All!

I am trying to read my cards for many years but because it was all going to slow for me I stopped every time. But I really would love to read with te cards and since a couple weeks Im try it again. It's going better than ever but I have the feeling that im getting frustrated again.

In the whole past week i had one reading that makes sence to me. I did a lot of readings for myself but they doesn't makes sence, maybe im just to new or is the problem that i can't be objective in the readings for myself. I read a lot of books and read al the posts from others in the "your readings" section and try to make my opinion about it. I never posted these opinions because I lost self-confidence about my readings. I never have read the cards for someone I don't know for the same reason :-( Another reason to be shy is because my english is not very well (it is slowing becoming better since I'm here ;-))

BUT I just don't wanted to give it up, maybe somebody here has some advice for me?

Many people cannot read objectively for themselves. You may be one of them. You could try practising reading for others first. Like for friends and family or us here on AT. If you try here on AT, the querent can help you as they are a reader too.

Also, there are many different ways to read. Not all of them will work for everyone. Maybe the way you are trying to learn is not the way that is best for you. Try experimenting with different methods, until you find what works best for you.

AND don't be hard on yourself, and don't expect perfection. Any skill takes time to learn. Every time you are doing even a little bit better is cause for celebration.

And by the way, your English is fine. I understood every word.:grin: We're here for you Tarot Faery. :heart:

Babs