Happy Tarot by Lo Scarabeo

deb13b

Urgh. I have spent the last 2 weeks looking at this deck online and taking the p*ss out of it. To my boyfriend I've said "omg look at this ridiculous deck", to my 11 year old son "look it's like a cross between pokemon and adventure time". I have RIDICULED this deck mercilessly. And suddenly I realised yesterday that I have started to like it. šŸ˜³

lark

Drew Barker posted this video: http://youtu.be/wOlWxQtyAqU

I hope it helps :)
Thank you...:)
I don't know if I like this deck or not...on one hand it reminds me of a game I loved as a child Candy Land, on the another hand it feels kind of like a kid hyped up on a sugar high.
I keep looking at the pictures and find myself feeling after a few minutes like I just can't take any more.

Tippyjane

Hahahaha

Urgh. I have spent the last 2 weeks looking at this deck online and taking the p*ss out of it. To my boyfriend I've said "omg look at this ridiculous deck", to my 11 year old son "look it's like a cross between pokemon and adventure time". I have RIDICULED this deck mercilessly. And suddenly I realised yesterday that I have started to like it. ��

You must be my twin :) I just got mine. Resistance is futile.

Shade

I think it manages to hit that nice place between whimsy and parody. I'm all in.

reall

Thank you...:)
I don't know if I like this deck or not...on one hand it reminds me of a game I loved as a child Candy Land, on the another hand it feels kind of like a kid hyped up on a sugar high.
I keep looking at the pictures and find myself feeling after a few minutes like I just can't take any more.

ha ha ha! same here! I like colors n cute look but it gives me that feeling I eat to much candys!x.x lol;))
this deck should be caled candy land temptation!:))

Celtictarot

I know obviously not a seasoned video maker...but it's the only one I could find.

I was trying to go through the cards holding my tablet in my spare hand....... does anyone know of a stand I can sit the tablet on.

lark

I was trying to go through the cards holding my tablet in my spare hand....... does anyone know of a stand I can sit the tablet on.

You need a little tripod...honey I know you did the best you could and may I say thank you to all of you who film the cards for us.
You do a bigger service than you know...saved me from making many a mistake in deck buying.

Le Fanu

I think it manages to hit that nice place between whimsy and parody. I'm all in.
Very true. Nice way of seeing it. I do see it as filling a niche for the general infantilisation of the adult population, loving all things pink and candy whilst trying to hold down full time jobs and forget about responsibilities. We like to say it's funny and child-like but at the same time take its messages seriously.

I have to say though as one who has had it on the shelf since buying it, I think it's more a party deck, something to pull out at parties, something novelty, something to allay the fears of those who find tarot sinister. I personally cannot imagine using it regularly. I treat it as a welcome gimmick - it's so RWS that I'm sure I'll really only use it when I want to give a certain spin to a reading. I haven't actually used it yet but I can see myself using it at giddy dinner parties some time in the future. I mean all this in the best possible way.

Celtictarot

You need a little tripod...honey I know you did the best you could and may I say thank you to all of you who film the cards for us.
You do a bigger service than you know...saved me from making many a mistake in deck buying.

Can you get a tripod for a tablet?