Have you found a Tarot tucked away you had forgotten about

illyria

I found the Hexen 2.0 Tarot again, which I stashed beside the book on my bookshelf, and not in my wicker tarot chest. This deck is so trippy it makes me smile.

Alta

I love these stories, especially Le Fanu's which really made me smile. I am so painfully organized I doubt that would ever happen, spreadsheets and so on. When my computer crashed last January although the store recovered most of my photos and files I wound up with a slightly out of date data base. It was actually quite fun going through the decks to bring the spreadsheet back up to 'today'. Similar to these stories a quality of "Oh yeah, I used to use this deck a lot!".

Thoughtful

Recently I found a deck in a box of old silverware that had sat untouched at least since we moved a decade ago. Google tells me this long lost stranger is the Norse Tarot, trimmed back to the knotwork inner border.

It may have been my first deck. Before tarot I used to read a set of runes I made in my teens, and the deck includes runes, so I bet that's why I bought it... or why it was given to me as a gift?

What a find, the cards look really lovely. Have you seen how much they are going for now. l went to Amazon and nearly choked on my tea, the price is between £180 - £230. So l would hang on to them and treasure them.
Now that's what l call a marvellous find :thumbsup:

Rose Lalonde

What a find, the cards look really lovely. Have you seen how much they are going for now. l went to Amazon and nearly choked on my tea, the price is between £180 - £230. So l would hang on to them and treasure them.
Now that's what l call a marvellous find :thumbsup:

Yes, and even though they're probably cheaper elsewhere, I feel weirdly guilty that they're oop, because it's not a deck I'll be reading with anytime soon. (I've been reading Thoth and a little TdM for over a year with no signs of wanting to trade it for anything but the "thothy" Tabula Mundi.) Still, who knows what will happen down the road... I'll keep them safely in the drawer with my other decks now! :)

Rose Lalonde

I found the Hexen 2.0 Tarot again, which I stashed beside the book on my bookshelf, and not in my wicker tarot chest. This deck is so trippy it makes me smile.

You aren't kidding about trippy. I hadn't seen that deck before, so that was fun.

Padma

I haven't found any that I thought I had lost, or in weird or surprising places, but I have been occasionally surprised by this or that deck in my collection that I have forgotten I had, decks I never usually read with. Which always makes me wonder why I have them, especially some that just make me wonder what I was thinking when I bought them.

Have enjoyed everyone's stories here though, thanks!

Nickigirl

Great stories! All of mine are in one spot so I won't lose one. But every once in a while I see one that I haven't looked at in a while and get excited about it again. 😀

nisaba

Have you come across a tarot you had forgotten about and now use.

It's hard not to forget about individual decks when you own a fair number.

Every so often I deliberately go rummaging around in my collection, and get reacquainted with old friends who had completely slipped my mind.

As to your experience of finding a deck that is still sealed, I just cannot understand how, when you've received a new deck, you could possibly restrain yourself from ripping it open and getting stuck in. :)

Nickigirl

I just cannot understand how, when you've received a new deck, you could possibly restrain yourself from ripping it open and getting stuck in. :)

Yes! This!!! I'm lucky to make it from my mailroom to my apartment without opening the package, and then go through the cards immediately! When we had a local tarot shop I'd go with a friend and we'd sit at a pub nearby and open the new purchases right away!! How do you let a deck sit unopened?