Help with a read, please!

Village Witch

I asked if my daughter passed her math test today. I drew...

House + Dog + Ship + Child + Bouquet

House and Dog didn't make sense to me, but I figured it could be her boyfriend who helped her study. They live together.

I read Ship + Child + Bouquet as her passing by a small margin.

My daughter just called saying that she got an email saying she failed her math test.

What am I not seeing? This really perplexes me. Did I draw too many cards?

I draw 5 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 4.

Village Witch

So 20 people viewed this and not one person replied. No one has an opinion? :(

I go over my daily reads with a fine toothed comb. This one seriously perplexes me.

DownUnderNZer

The only card that would make me think a "MISS" would be the SHIP and not by a large margin with the CHILD card.

With it ending on BOUQUET though is a very strong indication towards it being a good outcome really, so I think I would have gone with that as most would.

And... that when she got the results it would just be a relief to know the score.

DND :)

I asked if my daughter passed her math test today. I drew...

House + Dog + Ship + Child + Bouquet

House and Dog didn't make sense to me, but I figured it could be her boyfriend who helped her study. They live together.

I read Ship + Child + Bouquet as her passing by a small margin.

My daughter just called saying that she got an email saying she failed her math test.

What am I not seeing? This really perplexes me. Did I draw too many cards?

I draw 5 - 3 - 1 - 2 - 4.

Jen P

The only thing I can think of is if I add these up, I get the whip. That can mean repetition or getting whipped by the test. But, ultimately, the outcome might be positive because she will learn that she needs to study more and get some new help - perhaps from a tutor. In the end, this might be a valuable experience for her. That's all I can come up with.

Village Witch

The only thing I can think of is if I add these up, I get the whip. That can mean repetition or getting whipped by the test. But, ultimately, the outcome might be positive because she will learn that she needs to study more and get some new help - perhaps from a tutor. In the end, this might be a valuable experience for her. That's all I can come up with.

I can't remember if I summed the cards or not. To me, the Whip would represent all the stress and tension going back to college ten years after graduating high school. It's starting out as a tough road to go for her. She quit her job to have more time to study and to raise her three years old daughter.

She now has a tutor.

Thanks for the reply JenP. Much appreciated.

Village Witch

The only card that would make me think a "MISS" would be the SHIP and not by a large margin with the CHILD card.

With it ending on BOUQUET though is a very strong indication towards it being a good outcome really, so I think I would have gone with that as most would.

And... that when she got the results it would just be a relief to know the score.

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thought the Bouquet was a good outcome. I can see the Ship as a miss, but here comes the Bouquet. She scored 29 correct out of 50.

I appreciate your reply, DND. Thank you.

Village Witch

I was wondering if I had drawn too many cards. If I had drawn only three cards, I would have drawn...

Dog + Ship + Child as I draw 3 - 1 - 2.

I read Ship + Child as passing by a small margin... or as you mentioned DND, as missing by a small margin. That leaves the Dog card up in the air for me as to how it plays into the read.

My daughter doesn't put as much time as she could into studying. Her ex husband takes their daughter a lot these days to give her time to study but she finds other things to do. Her loss.

Mercury is in retrograde till the 23rd of this month. I never before paid attention to such things, but I am seriously floundering lately with my reads.

Something I just thought of... House + Dog + Ship + Child + Bouquet

Could this say that her loyalties lay in having a good time?

DownUnderNZer

Not sure what is expected, but would it not be over 25 as a "pass".
Mind you, that would be something like a "C" minus, so still not quite cutting it especially if in College.

What was the expected pass mark?

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who thought the Bouquet was a good outcome. I can see the Ship as a miss, but here comes the Bouquet. She scored 29 correct out of 50.

I appreciate your reply, DND. Thank you.

DownUnderNZer

Could be saying her attention was more on herself than the math test like a bit of pampering, nails, looking good, eating out etc etc etc.

But the question was: "If my daughter passed her math test today".

And the only card really to indicate a MISS was the SHIP. Nothing else.

Was it the only time you pulled cards for that question?

I was wondering if I had drawn too many cards. If I had drawn only three cards, I would have drawn...

Dog + Ship + Child as I draw 3 - 1 - 2.

I read Ship + Child as passing by a small margin... or as you mentioned DND, as missing by a small margin. That leaves the Dog card up in the air for me as to how it plays into the read.

My daughter doesn't put as much time as she could into studying. Her ex husband takes their daughter a lot these days to give her time to study but she finds other things to do. Her loss.

Mercury is in retrograde till the 23rd of this month. I never before paid attention to such things, but I am seriously floundering lately with my reads.

Something I just thought of... House + Dog + Ship + Child + Bouquet

Could this say that her loyalties lay in having a good time?

Jen P

I'm just curious as to whether the tutor is a foreigner? This was my original thought.

The other thing is that - maybe everyone else failed the test too.