Will I ever see him again?

scorpiogirl

I got sad news this morning that a man I was casually dating cannot come to my city this month. I feel really stupid because it's not like we are officially dating or in in love but I burst in tears lol. He said he'll notify me when he is returning as his job sends to travel.

I chose five cards if I'll see him again.

Heart Book Fish Mountain Lily

These cards don't look that positive to be honest. Or maybe I'm just sad. Heart mirroring Lily maybe it's saying there is desire but Mountain mirroring book maybe there is a huge obstacle.
Fish in the central I feel it's him. Independent, and male presence.
I wonder if it's saying yes but it'll be a while. Lily is a long time card.
Any help? I can't think straight!

decan

I will read again what is said in relation to the meanings of these cards.
At first sight I would say it isn't so bad but not so good. The fish at the center is a good card but in relation to money, concerning love or friendship I don't know.
You would have an answer more positive with the Rider and the Sun, or the Letter with the Clover, or the Stars. Here...

claire1805

Hi scorpiogirl, here's my interpretation:

Heart + Book + Fish + Mountain + Lily

Yes, you will see him again but it will not be until a very long time (Lily) has passed. The Fish/Mountain combination speaks to me of independence (Fish) being obstructed (Mountain), that either you or him is not in a position where one is able to go to the other, for whatever reason. Flow is disrupted by the looming Mountain. Heart and Book suggest that there are secret yearnings, or that your relationship with him is a secret. And that in part also affects the ease in which the both of you can meet each other. However, the Lilies at the end throw things into a hopeful light, telling you to be patient for the long wait.

Hope this makes sense!

scorpiogirl

Thanks so much guys. I feel so silly crying.
I wanted to respond to both of your interpretations.
Heart Book is correct about our relationship a secret in the sense that we live apart and no one really know we are "dating." We met on an online dating site.
I feel I know nothing about him but I feel pulled towards him for no apparent reason.
Fish and Mountain worries me. Maybe he doesn't have any money to come visit me as he wishes but again our "relationship" isn't a committed one so its not as if he think it's worth coming to my city!
Maybe Lily also says we will finally make love (Heart) :).
Thanks guys.

scorpiogirl

Hi there.
P is someone else that I am totally indifferent about at this point. I haven't asked him to visit me and probably won't :). Last time we talked he got a new job. Seems you were correct.

scorpiogirl

I wanted to update on this.
The answer was I never did see him since this reading and I'll probably never will.
He sent me an email about two weeks ago wanting to come over.
I already made a date with another man. I was not interested in him anymore.
And it's highly likely he won't contact me again.
Thank you for looking everyone. So there you go. Maybe Fish and Lily were two men?

mysticsphere

this was an interesting thread. i think you could interpret it initially as the heart being closed off (heart book), which in turn strangles the depth of the relationship (fish mountain), and makes it hard to find peace (mountain lily). I think with Lenormand it's always important to take note of negative cards even if the line ends positively, which it did in this case. This was really good food for thought and i'm glad you shared it, and i'm glad it worked out in the end as you have a new man in your life.

scorpiogirl

Yes thanks so much.
It's funny because when I did this spread I was crazy over the guy.
Lol. Yes I am happier now.

Barleywine

Heart Book Fish Mountain Lily

Since Heart + Book can mean a "secret love, hidden affair or crush," do any of these apply to the situation? If the man isn't married, the last one (infatuation) feels right based on your reaction.

Those who mentioned the Fish as depth seem to be on the right track, since it can mean "deep and rich feelings when it falls with the Heart" (per Andy's book). Although they aren't touching, the Fish at the center, with no more than two cards on either side (again per Andy) gains special significance. So I would read it as "falling with the Heart" here.

Book + Fish and Fish + Mountain speak mainly about money matters (unexpected money, delayed money). Is the man generous, and does he spend freely on you when you're together? Although I don't read Lenormand intuitively, if the Fish is more about deep feelings than money in this case, there may be a sense of being emotionally rather than financially deprived.

Mountain + Lilies I see mainly as isolation (that may last until Winter) I didn't notice your location and when Winter would be due there, so you will have to determine when that might be for you.