How has Venus retrograde impacted you?

dadsnook2000

How has Venus retrograde impacted you? The answers I'm looking for involve several factors:

1) Did Venus turning retrograde at 1 degree Aqaurius touch a sensitive point in your chart?
2) Will Venus turning direct at 16 degrees of Capricorn impact your chart? If so, what happened when it previously passed that point on Nov. 23, 2005?
3) Will Venus transit any of your planets in this retrograde phase? If so, what happened when it last passed that/those planet(s) a few weeks ago?
4) And, for each/any of the three questions above, how did you express or experience that/those transit(s)? Was this consistent with the manner in which you have lived your Venus symbol so far in your life?

We can learn a lot about the planets during these periods if we take the time to note dates and happenings. I won't repeat the "keywords" of Venus here, I think most of us know how Venus is supposed to work for us. The question is, "did you experience Venus in this retrograde phase, how did it affect you, and is it similar to what you have noticed in previous years relative to your chart?" I'll share my experiences a bit later. Dave

Alta

1) Did Venus turning retrograde at 1 degree Aqaurius touch a sensitive point in your chart? My natal Jupiter, squared natal venus, is at 1 degree Aquarius. So, of course this Venus is squared my natal venus. My natal Sun is 29 degrees Aries so it is also a close square. My natal Moon is 25 degrees cap so it is a distant conjunction.

2) Will Venus turning direct at 16 degrees of Capricorn impact your chart? If so, what happened when it previously passed that point on Nov. 23, 2005?
16 cap is not a sensitive point for me.

3) Will Venus transit any of your planets in this retrograde phase? If so, what happened when it last passed that/those planet(s) a few weeks ago? In retrograde it should transit my natal moon. It should have transitted my moon in direct motion around Dec 6th. My memory is so bad and I already threw away last year's calendars, where my memory resides in ink. I did make three lovely new friends at church earlier in the fall and as I recall I became closer to them in that period.

4) And, for each/any of the three questions above, how did you express or experience that/those transit(s)? Was this consistent with the manner in which you have lived your Venus symbol so far in your life? I am not sure. Have to think about and try and look back. Is there any easy way of figuring out the last time Venus has gone retrograde in this area before?

Sorry to not be more helpful. I'll read the other replies with interest.

Edited to add: sorry I didn't realize this (turning retrograde) happened just before Christmas. I thought it was something that was about to happen now.

wizzle

The 16 degree Cap point is sextile to my venus/jupiter midpoint in Scorpio. Last Nov 23 I was inidulging in some goodies I should avoid according to my journal. The indulgence lasted from 11/22 to 11/24, so pretty good timing with that particular transit. And we all know venus is pretty darn self-indulgent, lol.

0 degrees is not meaningful in my natal chart.

star-lover

in general 1 aquarius is a close square to my natal venus in 29 53 libra

it has all been about reflecting on a certain relationship for the last several weeks, what it was all about in the past year, where we have been and where do we go, now reflecting on relationship stuff in general - not just mine but other people's as well - its a time out thing - no energy to say very much or push or do very much - just taking in whatever comes in
sorry cant answer your post exactly as you asked

xx

rainwolf

Do you know the date that venus went retrograde? Had no idea it was doing so >.< argh

star-lover

dad must have meant to put december not november
i went R on 24 december i believe

sarai21

Venus rx

This is a very interesting post fo me-
My natal Venus sits at 1deg Aq 00'' in the first house. The day it went retrograde there was a major blowup betw./ my sister and myself re. expectations,generosity, appearances and being taken advantage of. There was a huge feeling of "Where did this extreme reaction/difficulty come from?" Now I know- of course- it's all in the stars! I am not sure how the first house fits in with siblings- but this must have been what happened. My Jupiter sits at 26deg. Cap in the first house-generosity? The 16`Cap point is exactly conj. my north node in the 12th house. I am not sure how this influences me- the nodes are a bit of an enigma to me.
Some points to ponder for sure...

rcb30872

Same old stuff with my mother, and making me feel lousy.

I have depression, and the last time I have felt as bad as I do right now, sorry, can't remember, but roughly I would say maybe about 3 years ago, just before I went on the anti-depressants!

Sorry for the moaning, but I feel that I have lost hope, and am having a hard time in seeing the point in anything!

prudence

well, not sure about dates, but I can tell you that for my sister's birthday on Nov. 17, I began a Bast sculpture..it started out really well, very easy...then, everything just stopped. I could not go any further. And I still haven't finished it. I feel all dried up creatively.

Will post my natal info, as it relates to Venus etc shortly.

So, my natal Sun is 0 degrees Pisces(12th House), Moon at 16 degrees Leo (5th house), Venus is 7 degrees Pisces (12th House), Neptune is 0 degrees Sag. (9th House) ....am I wrong to assume anything at or near the degrees you mentioned in your first post may be impacted by this transit, Dave?

dadsnook2000

Birth data

I will be setting up a Birth Data Listing for those who participate in the Astrology forum. I am in contact with Paradoxx about this. You will see this Note thread in a few days, I hope. This will stay permanently at the start of the forum and, if Paradoxx can do it, will be arranged alphabetically.

The Birth Data Listing will enable us to have each other's data available, those that wish to share it, and will prevent us cluttering up the threads with data that is different in format from other entries.

The reason for this is that Wizzle and I will be starting a discussion on the planets, one planet at a time -- which everyone is invited to join in of course. Having the birth data available but seperate will facilitate our discussion. Dave