How has Venus retrograde impacted you?

star-lover

birth data listing - excellent idea dads

dadsnook2000

SUMMARIZE Venus retrograde observations

We have had several observations made about how Venus retrograde has affected us as individuals.

MARION reports Venus transiting her Moon coincided with finding three new friends.

WIZZLE reports that 16 degrees Capricorn (which Venus has passed and where Venus will turn direct after backing down to that point from early Aquarius) coincides with a period of some self-indulgance (a Venus trait).

STAR-LOVER reports that the turning-to-retrograde point coincides with the process of re-evaluating relationships and seeing what happens.

Saral21 reports that at the turning-to-retrograde point she had a blow-up with her sister about expectations, appearances and being taken advantage of. The 16 degrees of Capricorn conjuncts her North Nodein the 12th house which symbolizes where she has to grow and expand her awareness.

rcb30872 notes difficulties with her mother and depression.

Astrid O notes running out of energy during the course of creating a sculpture, although there is some vagueness about the degree locations.

I have launched my web-site during this period and have experienced some lack of momentum in getting some private projects completed for a company that I hope to create a special realtionship with. I've also been dissatisfied with the web-sites appearnance and have been working behind the scenes to improve its navigation and visual appeal.

So, in summary, we have seen issues with relationships, with moving ahead with artistic projects, with turning "inward" to satisfy a need to re-engage in new ways -- all experiences that have to do with "connectiveness" and self harmony. These are very much Venus things and retrograde experiences. Dave.

dadsnook2000

Almost there

We are one week away from the point where Venus turns direct at 16 Capricorn. Next Friday, the 3rd of February, Venus things start to return to normal. What we wanted, but didn't get, will likely arrive -- books ordered, out of stock items in stores, new items that we will want to have, relationships that seemed to be in a quiet mood become more open and sharing, our choice of clothes brightens up as we sense the far-away spring time coming closer, we think about painting the walls in our house, purchase potted plants, etc. Of course, this works out a little differently for our southern hemisphere friends -- not so much in what happens, but in the "why" it happens relative to their summer nearing its end and the fall period coming closer.

What are you anticipating will happen a week or two weeks from now? Dave

jojojo

Hi Dave,

Star-lover pm'd me your thread - most interesting....I have had a horrible 2005 and I feel (in my gut) that what I most want is coming to a conclusion shortly. I've been waiting near-on 8 months for a guy to come back to me...It was June last year that I approached him - and I've been like banging my head on a brick wall ever since (abeit quietly to myself), so you say by next friday...we'll see.

My biggest probelm in 'getting that guy' is that he lived 4000 miles away from me. Last week he moved back....I'm waiting for a call.........

star-lover

hi jo
glad he's back in the country now
i so agree with you about anticipating a conclusion soon
i feel the same way exactly - gone on too long and needs to be finalised
like a test it has been or 2 - no more tests
love's path is not easy hallelujah for that but enough is enough sometimes
fingers crossed for both of us
heres to happy smiles soon
x

einhverfr

Well, I have been going through a process of re-evaluating my marriage because I have been coming slowly to the conclusion that my wife is suffering from it. Although we have decided to work things out, I have a strong suspicion that it will come to an end sometime in the next few months.

Also, I have also found the station points (or transitions between retrograde and direct) to sometimes reflect some sort of crisis point.

rcb30872

jojojo and star-lover

I think that I will join your club, going through the same thing myself. Driving me absolute bonkers! Just want it sorted, one way or another, preferable one way more than the other, but you get my drift

:love:

Bec

jojojo

einhverfr said:
Well, I have been going through a process of re-evaluating my marriage.
I can relate to this 100% - I was (still am) married for 5 years - last year was re-evaluation year for me..the year to go out and find that happiness I so craved....big decision, very hard to walk out on a 'comfortable' marriage to see what else is out there. It's tough, I hope it all works out, for me and all others in the same boat. I feel for you all, and we all will have different answers and paths we will decide to take -I'm sure we all will make the right decisions for us. xx

Sophie

I have felt it fairly strongly. My relationship has slowed down and clogged up and generally been going through a Hanged Man period - in great part due to outside factors (visa) but also a problem that blew up between us on the 23 December this is a long-long-distance relationship).

Looking at my chart: 1 Aquarius is sextile (near enough) my natal Venus (9 Aries) but squares my natal Mars (3 Scorpio). It also nearly-squares my Venus on my progressed chart.

16 Cap trines my Venus in my progressed chart.

Don't know about transits, I don't have a chart of those. I don't think so??? I have no natal planets between 1 Aquarius and 16 Cap (backwards) in my natal chart. My progressed Moon is at 21 Cap (I was born 3/3/67 - I take it I count 39, not 38 from 12 Sag for my Moon in my progressed chart?). Close enough for a conjunction?

Anyway, I hope things will relax - and move! - a bit when Venus stops going back-to-front :D And when it goes direct - um, what do we look for then?

BTW - sorry, I don't keep a transit journal. I'm sure I should, it would be more useful. I have no comparisons with the past.

einhverfr

jojojo said:
I can relate to this 100% - I was (still am) married for 5 years - last year was re-evaluation year for me..the year to go out and find that happiness I so craved....big decision, very hard to walk out on a 'comfortable' marriage to see what else is out there. It's tough, I hope it all works out, for me and all others in the same boat. I feel for you all, and we all will have different answers and paths we will decide to take -I'm sure we all will make the right decisions for us. xx

This has been a very difficult time. Not so painful because things seem very clear. But very difficult because the decisions are not only big but need to be carefully made and carefully executed. It is very clear that my wife will probably never be happy with me because we lack an ability to empower eachother and help eachother be successful at things each of us want to do. Thus a huge amount of energy goes into trying to work things out that really should be going into building a life together.

Yet, my wife is not in a good position in life. We could get divorced and she could have a great deal of trouble in life. This needs to be taken into account. I love my wife, and sometimes loving means letting go. But sometimes it also means making sure that she isn't just loosing her head about an issue (Algol is very active in her chart) and making sure it really is the right choice for her. So I have felt like I have been attempting to bring about an almost impossible outcome-- just making sure that everyone can be happy and is not unduly harmed by whatever happens.

For me the past influences have largely come from doing predictive charts for a woman friend of mine who I used to be entirely in love with. Of course things are complicated now, and troth is to be kept (no, there is no affair and never will be). But where my wife has a tendency to tear me down and disempower me, this friend has a tendency to help empower me. This contrast shows me the depths of how problematic my marriage is for me. And I know my wife feels the same way but possibly even moreso.

As for Venus Retrograde, this is heavily in tune with this. Not that her unhappiness started then (it started about two years ago when we returned to the States), but the re-examination process did. There are elements of each of our past that have come back to help ensure that we think this through.

When the Sun and Venus crossed paths, a shift occurred. The situation went from being extremely emotional to being much more intellectual. Gone are the past influences. But the present problems remain. It will be interesting to see what the station point brings.

In my next solar return (April), Pluto will be in the seventh house. I know that drastic changes will be in store.