how I read the GT

Izzydunne

This is excellent, we are getting lots of wonderful participation on this thread. Let's keep going.

First up is Seraphina:

I don't follow a school. My meanings are from information acquired and my own experience. The meanings are very traditional. I don't use any system other than my own, and I guess the Germans agree with my meanings more than the French would.

The Anchor is job/career/work. These are all variations of the same thing. If your deck has a career card, it don't see that as helpful. I never, never, never use those made up and added cards in any Lenormand deck. Also, I never use two men or two women cards.

Also, I am not a Traditional Lenormand reader, even though I use traditional meanings for the cards. The traditional readers have lots and lots of very rigid rules, that get in the way of the message (in my opinion). Neither am I an "intuitive" reader, who has no rules and makes up their own meanings. I like to use enough rules to give the reading structure, and to allow the divine to communicate with me in a simple, clear, and poetic manner.

Izzydunne

Daphne:

You are quite welcome.

The Cross is suffering. If you choose to think of it as something else, well......you do have free will. The world if full of strife, conflict, greed, ego, etc. This is a very hard place to be, and it is designed that way. We can potentially make great soul progress in the midst of all the insanity. That is why we (as eternal beings) take a body. Of course most folks just get lost in all the confusion, and become the walking dead. Living their lives shuffling from one ego gratification to the next, lifetime after lifetime. Everyone makes progress, some do it very slowly and some do it more quickly. Waking up is not easy, and it seems to be a slow process. HOWEVER, the suffering of the Cross can potentially speed up the process. Nothing like hitting bottom to create a readiness for change.

About the Cross in the GT:

I never read all the cards in the GT. Why would I? If you reread my previous posts that began this thread you will see that I look only at the cards of the major players in any question, and view the horizontal line of each player, and secondarily the vertical line of each player.

I never use time lines. The divine (astral plane and above) does not understand and experience time as we do. Many predictions go wrong, because the reader gave a time frame for the event.

Advice? Do you mean, do I tell people what to do? That is what advice is.....telling someone what to do. I don't like to take that approach, because I have no idea what anyone needs to do any situation. The answers do not come from me if they are accurate, they come from the divine. The divine speaks to me through the cards, I tell the reader what the divine wishes them to know, nothing more.

Izzydunne

Lee:

Thank you for your contribution.

Your point 1 is excellent.

Your Point 2. I never do a daily draw, never have. I want the divine to tell be big things not trivial matters. On a daily basis, most peoples lives do not change much.

Your Point 3. I never read all the cards in a GT. Only the horizontal line (primarily) of each player involved, and then I will look at the vertical line. I do not use the diagonal line.

Izzydunne

Dancing Moon:

I see you are in the Ukraine. Perhaps I will do a thread about how to read world events through the eyes of the Lenormand. The events in your Country would be an example.

dancing_moon

Dancing Moon:

I see you are in the Ukraine. Perhaps I will do a thread about how to read world events through the eyes of the Lenormand. The events in your Country would be an example.

Yes, I'm in Ukraine. :) I'd be interested to see that.

Izzydunne

Well, it looks like the participation and questions have dropped to zero, and the thread is fading into the sunset. Thank you to all those who have taken part.

tarotguidance

I hadn't realized Lenormand had made it into the Forum here. I haven't been by in a while.

Just wanted to chime in here to say I enjoyed the conversation. Loved all the outlooks presented from you all.

I have a couple quick questions, which it may be already somewhere else, but this is my first stop. :) Izzydunne, you mentioned the playing card inserts and that clubs present challenges. I was just wondering what the others meant to you, and if you actually used the card inserts for other uses? On the GT, I'm wondering if you use the 8X4+4 or 9X4. And, if you don't use time in your question, which I do understand :), how do you present the information? As in, this will happen and then this, or do you use time cards? Thanks in advance, I'm off to read some more posts. :)

Izzydunne

Hi Tarotguidance:

I would be delighted to answer your questions.

I don't tend to use playing card inserts, and yes the clubs are a challenging suit in the same way that spades are currently thought to be challenging.

The spreads I use are as follows:

3 card
9 card
GT

Although sometimes just one card is an elegant answer.

I don't use time as I mentioned. I let the Divine know that I am interested in information that is relevant to current and future situations. I also ask the Divine to give me information that unfolds within a year. Most of the time this is what is delivered. Occasionally information is presented to me that will unfold beyond a year, but that is not the norm.

Please check out my thread: Lenormand Challenge. Please feel free to have a go whether you are experienced or not.

tarotguidance

Thanks for responding. The layout question - I was curious as to the GT layout you use, whether you use the 8X4+4 or the 9X4. :)

Izzydunne

Hi again:

I use the 4 rows of eight cards with 4 cards at the bottom row for the GT. The bottom row of 4 cards is of special interest when I read.