How to tell on Amazon re: deck of cards, book, set of both

SloughSister

Does anyone else have trouble telling when Amazon is selling a deck of tarot or oracle cards vs. the companion book? Sometimes they do *specify* it's a deck of cards - and once in a while it's clear it's a *set* - but often the AT link leads to an Amazon page that lists "paperback" in the format. I assume this means the book, not the deck of cards. But when I search on Amazon to find the deck of cards I originally was looking for, I get nowhere. Any tips from anyone? Thanks.

gregory

If it's Marketplace - always ALWAYS contact the seller.... Failing that - I sometimes go to the publisher's site and get the ISBN... More often I buy elsewhere !

SloughSister

I would much rather buy from local or regional sellers; it seems there's a fair amount of time Amazon appears to be the only choice ... unless there's something I'm not getting.

tarotlyn

You would think that by now they would realize that problem!!! :eek: but they don't!

I have emailed 3rd party dealers on there and they have emailed me back that
I had to go by "whatever' (?) they already had listed on amazon and they didn't know?

What??? didn't know whether it was a book or a deck or both??? geeze...:bugeyed:

:heart: tarotlyn

Belinda2

SloughSister said:
Does anyone else have trouble telling when Amazon is selling a deck of tarot or oracle cards vs. the companion book? Sometimes they do *specify* it's a deck of cards - and once in a while it's clear it's a *set* - but often the AT link leads to an Amazon page that lists "paperback" in the format. I assume this means the book, not the deck of cards. But when I search on Amazon to find the deck of cards I originally was looking for, I get nowhere. Any tips from anyone? Thanks.
I have to always email them to be sure.

SloughSister

Belinda2 said:
I have to always email them to be sure.

It seems like if I were emailing a 3rd-party seller, that would work. But can you just email Amazon itself and get real, true, human help and response? From people who actually know what they're talking about?

desertrat

SloughSister said:
It's really hard to tell sometimes. But I found that if I use the "Buy" link provided here at AT, that connects me to a deck or a set, rather than just a book. Sometimes Amazon describes a deck as "paperback" for some strange, unknown reason. Is there a specific item you are having trouble with?

ETA: I've never emailed Amazon customer service, but I have contacted third party sellers. They've always been helpful.

gregory

SloughSister said:
It seems like if I were emailing a 3rd-party seller, that would work. But can you just email Amazon itself and get real, true, human help and response? From people who actually know what they're talking about?
No.

They just say they don't know - if they even answer.

cardlady22

I've had at least 2/3 of them tell me they aren't allowed to add/give info other than what the posted description is. The only way that makes sense is a weird sort of "protection" from being lied to??? (as in Amazon not knowing what transpired)

Basically, I make a mental note of the Sellers who do email me back & give them Repeat Business.

GryffinSong

gregory said:
No.

They just say they don't know - if they even answer.

I don't know about the not answering part, but the Amazon folks have no way at all of knowing what a third party seller means by their listing.

I ran into the same problem on ebay. More and more, sellers are relying on stock photos and descriptions for their listings. Bah humbug!!! More often than not you can't get any sense of the condition or actual contents. I bid on a cheap copy of the Zerner Farber Tarot. It very clearly stated that it was a 78 card deck and book. But underneath it there was a short sentence that made me suspicious. I contacted the seller, it turned out to be just the book, and they let me back out of the sale as "not as described".

But seriously, can't these folks be bothered to review their own listing before hitting the post button?????