I NAIBI di G.VACCHETTA

Baroli

Now you may agree with me or not, but I personally think that if you would like to learn to read intuitively, get a deck that is not in your language. All you have are the symbols, the colors, the positions of the cards, the body language of the people and/or animals in the card, every possible thing you can look at. I just got from Alida (shameless plug) I NAIBI di G. VACCHETTA in the mail today. It is an Italian deck and absolutely delicious in my opinion. No LWB folks, well there is one, but it's all in Italian :laugh: Just a lovely deck in a box. I am studying the cards and will be doing reading with this deck soon, I am hoping.

Baroli

Umbrae

"...personally think that if you would like to learn to read intuitively, get a deck that is not in your language. All you have are the symbols, the colors, the positions of the cards, the body language of the people and/or animals in the card, every possible thing you can look at."

I completely agree...

I also think the Vacchetta totally rocks.

How about some decks in latin?

Emily

I'm using the Morgan Greer in Spanish - I don't know a word of Spanish LOL. There is something provocatively different about seeing La Muerte (Death) or La Luna (Moon) or El Diablo (Devil) plus the Courts and Aces.

It's a shame there isn't more Spanish but the only cards to have writing on them are the Majors, Courts and Aces.

But this language change has given an old familiar deck a very new feel. :)

Baroli

Hmmm, Latin Tarot cards??? How about Carpe Deum. Crap, I probably spelt that wrong. LOL. I love this deck. And I have #365 of 1500, which doesn't really mean anything except this is a limited edition. Sorry, I am so excited.

I wonder what XIII looks like }) I know I am a stinker!!

Baroli :D:D

Baroli

Emily said:
I'm using the Morgan Greer in Spanish - I don't know a word of Spanish LOL. There is something provocatively different about seeing La Muerte (Death) or La Luna (Moon) or El Diablo (Devil) plus the Courts and Aces.

It's a shame there isn't more Spanish but the only cards to have writing on them are the Majors, Courts and Aces.

But this language change has given an old familiar deck a very new feel. :)

Yes, I know exactly what you mean Emily. I also have a haunted tarot de marseille in german (many thanks Jeannette and the Dan guy) and it just makes it challenging and more interesting.

FireMaiden had a post a few weeks ago, where she mentioned Alyssa kept asking her what do you see? and what else, and what else? That post has been running in my mind and I feel I am at the threshold of something exciting and I wish to explore this. Whoo hoo!!

Baroli :D

Abrac

Yes I agree that this is a beautiful deck, very expressive and probably good for intuitive readings.

Sometimes knowing a little about what the words mean though can add a new dimension. Take card VI, Amore, for example. In the title space are the words Dolce Travaglio, "sweet pain." :D

Enjoy your new deck, it's a beaut!

Emily

Hi Baroli,

When you are using the Vacchetta do you pronounce the Italian titles instead of translating them to English? I love Italian, its such a flowing language, so pretty to hear although I can't speak a word of it. LOL

I try with my Spanish Morgan Greer but really I'd love the Italian version. :)

Your new deck sounds lovely. :)

Baroli

Hi Emily,

Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. When I was in college, I studied and trained in voice and in my beginning repetoire were/are the classical italian art songs, so I am very familiar with the words and pronunciations of Italian. Such a beautiful language is Italian as well as French, and Spanish. To me they roll off the tongue so elequently.

http://www.tarotclub.net/goods/deck/men/naibi.html

Here is a link to a page where you can see some of the cards.

Baroli

Emily

Ahh Baroli - you have turned into an enabler (usually its LB) - I've just ordered the Vacchetta - I love the look of those Minors and the style of the artwork. I've just been checking some of them out and they are so readable.

Baroli

You won't be sorry. It is a lovely deck. Yes, I am an enabler. }) I am thinking this may be one of my travel decks as well. :D

Enjoy!!

Baroli