If you were a millionare

DesertDream

Uncle Bob just left you an inheritance of millions of dollars. Unbeknownst to you he was a tarot enthusiast. He demands in his will that you must spend at least one million torward tarot anyway youd like to spend it. What would you do with it? I would:

Buy all those decks Ive been waiting to get my hands on!
Create a few tarot decks since I could commission all those expensive artist
Donate to the forum.
Fund some wicked cool indie decks.
Buy a bunch of decks for friends.
Make an indie movie with a tarot theme
Buy the rights to beautiful decks lo scarebaro didnt do right, then do the art justice and change the format!

What would you do? :)

G6

Fun Q.

Publish decks that need to be in print/reach a wider audience and finance free tarot classes.

rwcarter

I've already posted on Aeclectic that when I win the Lotto, I'm going to commission an Andrea Serio TdM.

Every Kickstarter deck I like would get published. (I'm still not impressed with Indiegogo, so can't make that promise for their campaigns.)

I'd also buy up the rights to some long OOP decks and make sure they got back in print again.

GotH

One million at least? I'd open Tarotland.

An "amusement park" for tarot enthusiasts. It would be a Psychic Wonderland where all forms of divination would be available to experience and practice. Every deck ever made would be available to practice with or get a reading from and there would be sections to instantly create your own.

There would be park rides based on each major. My favorite would be the Chariot but the Devil would be quite exciting too. :cool2:

There would be fabulous magician shows and crystal ball reading tents with beautiful gypsies ready to read your fortune.

Apparel stores, exotic foods and goods and of course souvenirs.

The Courts would be dressed in their character roles greeting guests. Knighting ceremonies would take place and there would be horse shows.

And of course there would be a parade... :D

There are so many ideas for Tarotland but these are just a few I could instantly come up with..

queenxofxwands

Sigh, I would love to do all of the above.
Also, I would love to get a custom made motorized gypsy wagon, and travel around giving free readings

RiverRunsDeep

Oh, the possibilities!

I think I would abandon my day job for a while and write some
tarot themed fiction books. Ideally, they would be fun, engaging
books that chip away at the barriers, assumptions, and stereotypes
the general public has regarding tarot enthusiasts.

It would also be fun to play the role of "Tarot Fairy", offering random
gifts and giveaways based on ATers wish lists.

Sadly, I think I would spend the remainder of the money on daily visits
to GotH's Tarotland. :D

DesertDream

Sigh, I would love to do all of the above.
Also, I would love to get a custom made motorized gypsy wagon, and travel around giving free readings

Can I join you!?!?!?!

DesertDream

One million at least? I'd open Tarotland.

An "amusement park" for tarot enthusiasts. It would be a Psychic Wonderland where all forms of divination would be available to experience and practice. Every deck ever made would be available to practice with or get a reading from and there would be sections to instantly create your own.

There would be park rides based on each major. My favorite would be the Chariot but the Devil would be quite exciting too. :cool2:

There would be fabulous magician shows and crystal ball reading tents with beautiful gypsies ready to read your fortune.

Apparel stores, exotic foods and goods and of course souvenirs.

The Courts would be dressed in their character roles greeting guests. Knighting ceremonies would take place and there would be horse shows.

And of course there would be a parade... :D

There are so many ideas for Tarotland but these are just a few I could instantly come up with..

OMG i was going to say this but my budget was only one million. Lol! I love all your ideas!

DesertDream

Oh, the possibilities!

I think I would abandon my day job for a while and write some
tarot themed fiction books. Ideally, they would be fun, engaging
books that chip away at the barriers, assumptions, and stereotypes
the general public has regarding tarot enthusiasts.

Lets collab!!! Lol like a hard tough NYPD cop who by day kicks ass but by night reads fortunes? Or a valley girl whos very ditzy and dumb but extremly psychic when she pops her cards out? A teen bible study group with super powers and reads tarot to solve mysteries??????

nisaba

Buy lots of Tarot decks, staple each card to a fifty dollar note or the local equivalent, hire a small, open-cockpit plane, fly low over underprivileged areas, and scatter the cards at random.

And sink bores in arid areas, naming them after Tarot cards to comply with the terms of the will. And establish free-food plantations in poor areas named after cards to comply with the terms of the will. And establish free medical clinics all over America since they apparently don't know how to run a health system, naming each clinic or family-of-clinics after a Tarot card to comply with the terms of the will. No one should ever, EVER lose everything just because they get sick - what kind of an insane country allows that? :bugeyed: And do any and every kind of health-related and nutrition-related charity work in the names of different cards to comply with the terms of the will.