Using tarot to contact spirits

MouthFullOfStars

I was talking to another reader the other day and she was saying she uses one of her decks specifically for contacting spirits. I have never heard of this before. Is this common?

Grizabella

I don't think it's that common. If it is, I haven't seen much said about doing it compared to the myriad other things discussed here. I think contacting spirits is more done with a Ouija board.

Shade

I think a lot of mediums are using decks these days, especially those who are Angel Workers or work with the Ascended Masters. What is the difference between Mediumship and Channeling? I couldn't tell you really, there probably is one.

MouthFullOfStars

Yes, I thought a ouija board was the most common form of contacting spirits but I guess if the cards work for them. It was just struck me as different. I know I sometimes contact my guides with my cards so maybe it isn't that different after all.

Grizabella

The difference between channeling and mediumship, I think, is that when you channel you're chosen by the spirit giving the information. In mediumship, you're initiating the contact yourself. I don't know for sure but that's how I've always thought it works.

Dangala

It's very common in some countries .. For example in Brazil it's a popular practice. It crosses the line towards voodoo though....

Apollonia

I was talking to another reader the other day and she was saying she uses one of her decks specifically for contacting spirits. I have never heard of this before. Is this common?
I'm a medium, and I use my regular deck to clarify what I'm hearing and seeing when I connect with a spirit. I don't use a special deck, and I use the cards only to clarify. I am the one who contacts the spirit and I can do it just fine without using cards.

Thoughtful

l have never used tarot to contact those who have departed from this life or guides, so the following was quite an emotional and humbling experience.
Sitting quietly with my tarot l had the feeling that it would be so nice and reassuring to have a message from my long departed mum and dad. l know they have always been around me as l get the scent of roses very strongly when there is a life issue that worries me.
So l shuffled my cards and asked if they had a message for me and l drew 3 cards - Ace of Cups, the Empress and the Emperor, it was so amazing l stared at the cards for ages taking it all in. l use the Roots of Asia and there is a wealth of spiritual detail in each card. It would take forever to relay here the message l received, but wanted to share this wonderful and amazing experience with you :)

conurelover

Ohhh where is the thread about using tarot to contact ancestors that was very popular a couple of months ago...