Interesting tarot pairs

Anastacia

interesting perception of the King of cups, but I don't see him that way. When I think of a king, I think someone in control, someone of power, a leader who is strong even in the moments of chaotic turbulence. So when I see the King of cups I think, someone who is in control of the emotions, and/or someone who approaches the situation with a calm and rational effect.

Yes there are lots of different ways to see the Kings - but a calm and rational King of Cups? He has turned up quite a lot for a relative who was having issues with depression - the emotional state was ruling not only that person's life, but the lives of those around as they did their best to care.

LJRBLUE

Yes there are lots of different ways to see the Kings - but a calm and rational King of Cups? He has turned up quite a lot for a relative who was having issues with depression - the emotional state was ruling not only that person's life, but the lives of those around as they did their best to care.

Anastacia, I understand where you are coming from and how you would see the King of Cups in the view that you do. Even in the situation you have described above, I still see the King of Cups as calm and rational. I am not trying to change your perception, but offer another way of looking at the card. I do try to avoid negativity and find a positive outcome.

If in a reading the King of Cups turned to represent the emotional state ruling a persons life, I would read the card in this manner; You are allowing your emotions to rule your life, the King of Cups reminds us that we do have a choice in how we handle situations in life,especially our emotional state. He is calm and in control of his emotions. He reminds us that no matter what situation we encounter, We should NOT allow our emotions to control us, but rather we should control our emotions.

We are all going to see and read the cards differently, this is just my interpretation. :)

arya ishtar

combo cards and added elements...

elemental dignities really help me with combinations: (parenthesis are my comments)

7 Swords + Magician - now there is a shady pair that would worry me!" (all air, well thought out and strengthening each other.)

Emperor + Chariot - major control freak (fire and water, so maybe a control freak with nothing under control?)

4 Cups + Moon - depression (both water cards, so strong, deep depression)

5 Cups + Judgment - absolve yourself, and others, seek closure (water and fire cancel each other out, so perhaps the "accident" and the "punishment" are not as bad as you think?)

just a few thoughts. haven't read the whole thread, but have been working on combinations all day, along with elemental dignities, going back and forth between 16 pages, and this one came up. anyone big on elemental dignities wanna give a gal some feedback? thanks! :)

Glass Owl

Very cool thread about card pairs. I don't work with elemental dignities but this thread is inspiring me to think about it. Does anyone else like to pull pairs of cards rather one card and have any tips for reading the pair together?

Sar

Would love som tip on that too.

lucky star

Personally, I've had 6 of Pentacles together with 10 of Swords to mean theft (of quite a lot of money).

I possess a great book: Tarot For The Green Witch, by Ann Moura (published 2003). It has a whole section dedicated to pairings - all the minor cards, plus a section on major arcana pairings. I keep it by my bed and refer to it constantly.

Aside from the pairings, it is a great book - I love the way different tarot decks are used to illustrate the major and minor arcanas throughout the book, i.e. The Buckland Romani Tarot, The Nigel Jackson Tarot, The Robin Wood Tarot, The Sacred Circle Tarot, and The Witches Tarot.

Admittedly, some of the predictions for the pairings are a bit banal, e.g. most of the predictions focus on projects, creativity and strategies (you'll have to read the book to know what I mean) - this book is positive in abundance, no "spooky" predictions here! You will not find the shocking or alarming interpretations in this book that you find on this forum but I was very intrigued by the pairings idea in the book.

Personally, I only ever do two/three-card readings - I've never taken to doing spreads.

I've really loved reading this thread. It's the type of thread that you want to refer back to in the future to see what new pairings have been put on.

Sparklesxxx

Help please

I pulled 3 cards regarding a lady who is in an unhappy marriage (she had asked for the reading)

3 of Wands + The Hanged Man = wanting to move on but delaying making a decision on moving out or separating. The 3ofW tells me that she is looking at other options but the Hanged Man says she's not doing much about, and something will need to be sacrificed if she does separate. The Outcome card was the Lovers and I feel she is going to have to make a choice sooner or later.

I'm still quite novice. Does my interpretation sound completely bonkers?

Any ideas or thoughts from anyone else.

Sparkles x x x

Sar

The one you did was very good.

Sparklesxxx

H

Thank you very much

Lilmz84

Just bumping this thread up, I know it's an old one but it's very interesting!