Kittaine's Tarot of the 18

ferrous

Chronata said:
(Maybe I should have spent more than five minutes on each of mine...They look so out of place among such beautiful and professional images!)
No way, Chronata. I think your cards are excellent. :)

Kiama

Wow guys, these cards are beautiful- congrats Kittaine! That really is a one of a kind 18th birthday present! :D

It just goes to show how quickly a beautiful Tarot deck can be put together. :D

Kiama

Little Baron

Kittaine said:
You guys have given me a reason to feel happy. Lately I've been very depressed, about my non-existent love life and especially about SCHOOL. I've encountered disappointment after disappointment and I really didn't have a reason to be happy anymore, until you guys unveiled this. ^_^

I'm in the middle of EXAMS right now...what a way to celebrate my birthday...I'm trying as hard as I can to get high grades...and I feel very pressured..My father's threatening to cut off the funds to my fairly expensive lifestyle. He threatened to put me in a dormitory again if my grades fall. *SIGH*...I just wish I could get through this week and the next with the BEST possible results...:( I won't be able to enjoy much until the end of next week...

Good luck with your exams Kittaine! You will do it! Work hard and we will all be waiting here for you when you are finished. Enjoy your birthday!!!

Yaboot

Kittaine

Thanks, Yaboot.

I feel very hopeless actually. I feel trapped. My cards have been dealt and there's no way out. I'm being pressured by my parents to meet a certain quota...to make it to the first honors dean's list, or my father will put me back into that f**kingly horrible dormitory. I already found out what my final grades are in two of my subjects...They are the lowest grades I've ever gotten...Now I have to get a final grade of 4.0 (which is the highest) in three other subjects and a 3.5 in three more subjects JUST to be able to meet the quota by a thread.

In one of my subjects, I (undeservingly) got a midterm grade of 2.5..It would take no less than a miracle to pull that up. Actually, the professor is horrible and his grading system is wacked up. I've been told that I already have a basis for grievance. I can file a case against him...But I won't be able to do that until I find out what my final grade is. *&(&^(^(^ I wanna get away...I've never been this depressed in a long while...

It's my parents, it's the pressure, it's having to meet their expectations..it's having to justify the kind of lifestyle I'm leading, it's the incompetent professor...It's everything all at once.

Little Baron

(((Kittaine)))

I am sorry that things are not going so well. I don't know what I can say that would make things better. All you can do is hang in there and do your best; nobody can ask for anymore than that. I got am (underservedly) low grade at the end of university so I kind of understand how you feel; it was all pretty out of my hands as well. I did what I thought was my best but my a******e of a tutor, who I was't getting along with, marked me down. Have you tried talking to your parents about how you feel; maybe telling them that you will make a few compromises with your lifestyle for a while and that you will concentrate on your studies as near to 100% as you can? Maybe they think they know what is best for you, but maybe you can explain that the pressure that they and everyone else is putting upon you is more destructive than useful. When I was studying, my tutor thought that the hard approach would kick me up the arse and make me work harder. For me it wasn't productive. It didn't make me want to work harder, it made me feel worthless and not feel like progressing at all. I had to tell him this in the hope that he would find another method that encouraged me, rather than dampening my spirit and stifling my enthusiasm.

I hope that things work out. If you need to chat, I am sure that all of us on acclectic are happy to lend an ear.

Let us know how things go.

Best wishes and stay strong.

Yaboot

jlbvt

Yaboot said:

but maybe you can explain that the pressure that they and everyone else is putting upon you is more destructive than useful.
I think this is a good approach- if you can't get your father to listen, try to convince your mother to talk to him about it, using this reasoning.
Yaboot said:

When I was studying, my tutor thought that the hard approach would kick me up the arse and make me work harder. For me it wasn't productive. It didn't make me want to work harder, it made me feel worthless and not feel like progressing at all. I had to tell him this in the hope that he would find another method that encouraged me, rather than dampening my spirit and stifling my enthusiasm.
I have felt this too, there is a difference between motivation and incapacitating stress. Is your father aware that some of your grades are unfair and you plan to appeal them?

Trogon

Okay... first... the deck... AMAZING! What great work you guys did! As has already been mentioned, it would be impossible for me to pick a single favorite card, you all created such beautiful works here.

Kittaine... I'm with the rest in hoping for the absolute best for you. This is a very difficul.t time for you from the sounds of it, but you hang in there. You have a lot of support from your many friends here. I'm sure that many of the people here are already sending energy and warm and supportive thoughts your way. We're with you in spirit.

M-Press

Ouaoh, what a grand present!!!! What an aeclectic mix!!!!

Kittaine?I hope things will work out for you and taht you'll feel better soon, but most importantly meantime, is to FOCUS on the POSITIVE, and hey, look what a present you've got, and so much support and love surrounds you!!!!
:)

Kittaine

I've been trying to avoid this thread for awhile. I felt embarrassed about it. And I felt like I didn't deserve it until all the exams are over and, more importantly, until I find out what my grades are, which will happen Wednesday next week. I'd like to PM everyone who was involved in this.

Honestly, I don't know how to deal with things like this. It's very rarely happened in my life. :( Actually...it's never happened to me before. No one's ever done anything like this for me. All of you should feel wonderful for what you have done.

I'm not gonna have a debut party or anything like that, but I think this is way better. When I finally find out what my grades are, I'll come back here and comment on all the cards.

Eco74

Take all the time you want and need Kittaine.

But don't hesitate to still enjoy the cards and to take whatever strenght and encouragement you can from them even before you have time to comment on them all.

Hold on. You'll get through it all even though it may all seem overwhelming now.
If nothing else, you'll see what parts of your life are Really important to you, since through the confusion they will still be there, like guiding lights along the way to take you safely to the calm shore on the other side where a feast will be waiting for you by a safe hut where you can regain your strength and get all the rest you need.

(This atleast goes to show how well having your image on the strength-card fits. If there is anything you need now, it's that unflailing belief in yourself to help keep you strong..)