knight of cups Reversed as advice after an argument

GRAFLIX1

Let them ride on...into the distance.

Not to be trusted. They will offer a gift and it is this gift that you should try and see from its reverse (negative) connotations.

The gift could be a tangible box of sweets or or simply a load of sweet talk.

Both are rapped in the same cheap packaging - direct from the shelves of 7/11.

Other nearby cards will provide further detail.

starrystarrynight

As advice after an argument, I think I would consider this at least two ways. First, for you to be advised that the other party in the argument may act like this reversed knight--i.e. he may pull some tricky and manipulative moves against you, not to be trusted. Second, that you need to step back and look at the argument more realistically instead of considering acting sneaky or manipulative yourself (which will only put you into the position of not being trusted in the future, like the little boy who called wolf.) In other words, if your tears aren't real, that might be the thing that he remembers in the future...

I see Knights as being about forward movement, and the KnoC about forward movement in the area of love/emotion in this reading. So maybe another way of putting this it that since he is reversed, that forward movement is block, delayed or reversed, and by showing up in the advice slot, he is telling you that by acting sneaky or pulling some over-the-top emotional act, you will be, in effect accessing this reversed knight's energy and moving this relationship backwards.

Just my convoluted thought process, if it makes any sense to you at all. :)

samantha

Thanks for the very good ideas .

I don't think I was specific enough in my opening post . This was part of a two card pull " What I should do next " (and "What I shouldn't do next " , which FYI gave me the 6 wands ) . So I was really looking for advice on a specific action to take. Don't know if this will change any of your posts ...sorry if I mis led you ! Of course there is always the possibility that my question was ignored , and the cards are coming at this situation from a different angle.

Some feedback now ...

samantha

PAMUYA said:
Knight of Cups Reversed:

This Knight reversed is overemotional and will not give it up. A token gift will be given but the heart will not be in it, but it is the first step. More will have to be done to turn this Knight around. You need to get past what the argument was about and get to the real issues.

I'm thinking hard about this one . Both parties were emotional . Perhaps I understand the 'gift" metaphor ....but again this could come from both sides, so I'm stuck (and don't want to see it as fake . Which either tells me that I don't want to look inside myself at the truth , or face an external reality ! Not sure which would be worse . )

Quite correct about getting to the real issues . Both people realise this , tho have a different idea on exactly what they are .

samantha

willowfox said:
knight cups Rx advises non involvement. So, walk away and leave them alone.

Ok . This one seems to answer the should "do" part ....but difficult as the air needs cleaning as it were . Of course it may be that this is a kind of time out card ?

samantha

MissMacchiato said:
I would take this to mean, as one of the other posters said - do not expect a reconciliation with this person.

Emotional disappointment.

Thanks. This would be very sad ....but who knows ? :(

samantha

Fostha said:
I agree Willowfox,and with the knight and its horse in the wrong position,I'd leave someone alone, even sending in the cavalry wouldn't change a thing.:)

Ach ! I think both people are stubborn ......

samantha

GRAFLIX1 said:
Not to be trusted. They will offer a gift and it is this gift that you should try and see from its reverse (negative) connotations.

The gift could be a tangible box of sweets or or simply a load of sweet talk.

Both are rapped in the same cheap packaging - direct from the shelves of 7/11.

Other nearby cards will provide further detail.

Got to ask .....aside fom interpreting the card .....do you get extra psychic pieces of info (like names etc) ? Something you wrote made me do a double take !

samantha

starrystarrynight said:
As advice after an argument, I think I would consider this at least two ways. First, for you to be advised that the other party in the argument may act like this reversed knight--i.e. he may pull some tricky and manipulative moves against you, not to be trusted. Second, that you need to step back and look at the argument more realistically instead of considering acting sneaky or manipulative yourself (which will only put you into the position of not being trusted in the future, like the little boy who called wolf.) In other words, if your tears aren't real, that might be the thing that he remembers in the future...

I see Knights as being about forward movement, and the KnoC about forward movement in the area of love/emotion in this reading. So maybe another way of putting this it that since he is reversed, that forward movement is block, delayed or reversed, and by showing up in the advice slot, he is telling you that by acting sneaky or pulling some over-the-top emotional act, you will be, in effect accessing this reversed knight's energy and moving this relationship backwards.

Just my convoluted thought process, if it makes any sense to you at all. :)

Ok . Lots of good ideas as usual ! Thanks .If the other is being *tricky* then it will be hard to spot ! Very smart individual ....and yes , I can see what you say as 'crying wolf" being a possibility . I especially liked the advice of not doing s/t to push the relationship backwards ......I think this is important .

(And .........would you change your opinion about any of this now I have added that this was the 'should do " card , and 6 wands was the "shouldn't do " ??!! )

Eddie

Both cards are warnings to do nothing. Nothing you can do or say would help the situation, leave well alone.

Look at it from a different angle........ the should card and therefore should reflect an action card, you have the perfect action card in rev. The shouldn't do card and possibly this could be connected to the negative side of this situation, you have a very positive card. Both are in contradiction to each other, so do nothing.

Eddie