Lazy Afternoon Tarot

rwcarter

Alamaris, as always take care of you. That's the most important thing.

If the Lazy Afternoon Tarot becomes the One Year Later Tarot, so be it. :laugh: We've all waited much longer than that for decks to be completed and make it to print.

(((((Alamaris))))),
Rodney

Alamaris

This deck has been alternately glaring and making puppy dog eyes for the last year and a half.

While trying to sort things out on my other, more involved project, the Sapphist/Sapphic Tarot (or whatever it ends up being called), I kept glancing over at the unfinished stack of Lazy Afternoon cards. Looked back at sketchbook. Glanced at Lazy Afternoon. Draaaaged self back to sketchbook.

In the end, I decided to put the other project away to ruminate over the weekend. Goal: finish the Lazy Afternoon by Monday!

Man, so much has happened since the last time I posted in this thread. I now have an amazing foster sister, a new tattoo, and those annoying brain problems I was experiencing are blissfully -- for the greater part! -- under control. To make good news even better, there are three finished cards in the attachment!

I'll be back in a few hours with a new sharpie and new cards. Until then, enjoy these three. :D

Attachments

• DSCN7058.JPG
    DSCN7058.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 143

rwcarter

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was wondering when/if you were going to finish this deck, but didn't want to bother you about it. I'm only slightly happy that you're planning to finish it and by Monday no less! :D :thumbsup: (Just in case, that's a joke. I'm ecstatic!)

Rodney

Celice

Wow I love this! The Moon, Sun, Star, and World are my faves, but they are all great! I also like how you made different lovers cards :)

Alamaris

I figured you'd be the first one to pop your head in here, Rodney. :p Glad the deck is still getting "YAY" reactions after all this time!

Celice: Thank you! That seems to be a favorite element of the deck with people. I'm glad I did them!

Here's three more, and a close-up of the little travellers on top of VI's train.

Attachments

• DSCN7059.JPG
    DSCN7059.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCN7061.JPG
    DSCN7061.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 123

photokat

Dude! This deck rules! Please finish it ... (I'll check back later tonight for the next 20 cards ... Hehe)

zan_chan

Wow, this deck is so cool. Please please please finish it! :D

Chronata

ooh! I am SO excited to see more cards!

I am very happy to see you are still working on this! It's really a wonderful and colorful deck!

(and I didn't forget my promise either! Ill send you a newly minted Minute when you are done!)

strings of life

Alamaris said:
I'm thinking of printing a small run of these...
These are...amazing. There's something about it that reminds me of the bold Morgan-Greer (my favorite). I love your Sun, Moon and all 3 Lovers cards (great idea), and the fact that is multicultural too. It looks so readable out of the box.

Taking on a venture like this takes time, but as you can see, you have a bunch of people excited about the project.

It's brilliant!

If you do publish (oh, I so hope that you do), add me to your list of fans.

Alamaris

*blush!*

Thank you everyone! And Chronata, thank you AGAIN for your wonderful offer! :love:

Three more of the Swords -- sorry about the bad quality photo, but my camera hates any light source that isn't sunlight. The background of the Ten is actually more dried-blood-red than salmon-pink, and the middle of the Nine is definitely not smudged. :rolleyes:

Enjoy! I hope to finish the Sword courts after dinner. Mmm, homemade spaghetti.

Attachments

• DSCN7064.JPG
    DSCN7064.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 136