Lazy Afternoon Tarot

thorhammer

I hope you're feeling better! What's up? Did you get some sleep?

I love the colours, Alamaris - particularly the brown in the Pentacle. Very nice indeedy! :D

\m/ Kat

Alamaris

thorhammer said:
I hope you're feeling better! What's up? Did you get some sleep?

I love the colours, Alamaris - particularly the brown in the Pentacle. Very nice indeedy! :D

\m/ Kat
Thank you again! :D

I have been sleeping, at least the minimum of what I need. Its mostly just this barmy bipolar disorder -- the psychiatrists are so booked up around here that I don't see her again until late August, when I'll hopefully go on some medication to control it a bit. *fingers crossed* In the meantime I'm trying to finish my last year of high school through correspondence and a whole host of other things. I'm a busy, busy bee!

So to make a long story short, when I don't get my sleep and get bipolar attacks, my brain goes all wonky and I'm utterly incapable of functioning like a normal human being. :laugh: I'm pretty used to it after a few years, but its still frustrating. It helps to make art...and to play with tarot, of course!

Moonson

All new cards are great!!

i really like the magician and the chariot!
the idea for the extra Lovers is great. And i also like the mix between ancient and modern!
Love your work!

Formicida

Thank you for posting those spreads here, Alamaris. I was actually looking for something like the second one on your list last week and couldn't find anything I liked in the spreads index. I don't hang out in the spreads forum often so wouldn't have seen those if you hadn't put them here--so thank you!

To bring this back on topic, I do like your deck and your simple-looking but evocative artwork. Like others, I appreciate the fact that it's not another deck full of lily-white people.

I wonder if this deck might prove to be particularly good at exploring the dark corners of our psyches, just because of what you're living through as you create it.

I hope you feel better soon, though.

Alamaris

Formicida said:
I wonder if this deck might prove to be particularly good at exploring the dark corners of our psyches, just because of what you're living through as you create it.
I wonder! Its certainly something to ponder. =)

Lavandula

I've just discovered this thread and I'm loving your deck Alamaris! Gotta love a fellow NaNoer too ;)
Looking forward to seeing the rest of the cards come out ... and putting in a request for the Queens.

silverr

Alamaris said:
Alrighty, on with the show! Since I'm still not feeling my best, but I knew I wanted to get some cards done, I picked something nice and simple: the Aces.
They're beautiful! Well done, Alamaris, and hope you feel better very soon! :)

Lavandula

Bumping this one.

I hope you're feeling better Alamaris :)

Alamaris

I am feeling a little better, thank you. =) Its been another rough week, but the last few days have been very good. Due to the couple of rough weeks, I was struck down with a temporary art slump... which, if previous experience holds true, should pass in another few days. I've been trying not to think too much about the upcoming images, because I want them to be very spontaneous. I certainly wish I wasn't so easily distracted/sidelined for things like this.

Come hell or high water, I WILL finish this thing! :p

Alamaris

I'm terribly sorry, folks...I'm having to call it quits on the project for the time being. Almost directly after I made that last post (like somebody Up There was listening! hmph!) my life metaphorically imploded. I'm being kept absurdly busy by every task under the sun, so while I'm feeling quite well, I have very little time for creative pursuits. I'm sure it'll calm down eventually -- things like this always do -- but its going to be a while before I have the time or the energy to work on this project again.

My sincere apologies to those who were following the thread! But, life happens. I'm sure everyone understands. :|