Lo Scarabeo Tarot Illuminati

tarotlaura

I have this deck sitting in my cart on Amazon. Just waiting for my tax money to come in. I haven't been this taken with a deck of cards in such a long time. Hopefully I will be ordering this soon as I am itching to work with this deck.

Grizabella

I have this deck sitting in my cart on Amazon. Just waiting for my tax money to come in. I haven't been this taken with a deck of cards in such a long time. Hopefully I will be ordering this soon as I am itching to work with this deck.

You won't be the least bit disappointed believe me. It's a wonderful deck and I love reading with it. I was fortunate enough to get it as an Easter present...twice! Great minds certainly did think alike in this case. And I wasn't the least bit disappointed to get the same gift twice. Now I have one to use and a backup to save in case something happens to the first one.

Madrigal

I *love* this deck. I received it very recently but the cards are already making their way into my psyche. I feel like the artist has taken the RW deck and expanded it in such a way that the experience of working them becomes like an inner 3D journey.

Someone mentioned the Swords suit up-thread and I have to agree, that suit is just gorgeous. The Strength card is so tender, and the Empress so opulent and earthy, and the Fool is fantastic, his little dog is so in tune with him and the white ruff on the Fool's outfit is beautifully mirrored in the dog's ruff which suggests in such a compelling way the bond and link between these two energies. The Sun, such a glorious evocation of joy... could go on and on :)

I have the app on my tablet and the cards appear slightly bigger plus you can zoom in which is great for aging eyes. And the ebook expands on various themes in the booklet that's included with the kit. All in all an exciting deck!

LunarWolf

I have to say, I also have the standard, deck only, normal-sized LoS deck version with very minimal (a couple of millimetres?) black borders.

I (also) have to say, there is no comparison - the gilt-edged, slightly bigger boxed set version is significantly more sumptuous. I thought it would be nice to have a boxed "deck only" more compact version to carry around but I don't like it as much as the gilt-edged borderless one. For me, it just doesn't feel quite as magical or intoxicating.

I didn't realize the smaller, standard sized deck was available. I looked on Barnes & Noble and Amazon, and don't see the standard edition. Where did you order it? Do you think it's worth it? Doesn't sound like you're all that thrilled with the standard deck.

I have two copies of the deck with the kit and I also purchased the ebook in 'real' book form. I would definitely recommend that to anyone who's thinking about buying it.

kalliope

I didn't realize the smaller, standard sized deck was available. I looked on Barnes & Noble and Amazon, and don't see the standard edition. Where did you order it? Do you think it's worth it? Doesn't sound like you're all that thrilled with the standard deck.

I have two copies of the deck with the kit and I also purchased the ebook in 'real' book form. I would definitely recommend that to anyone who's thinking about buying it.

From what I can see, it looks like the deck-only version isn't being sold in the US. I'd maybe be interested in it because I usually like smaller cards and like the standard LoS size, but I can see how adding borders (and removing the gilt edges) might make it much less dazzling.

foolMoon

I have ordered one, and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I like border-less, gilded and large card stock, but graphics of this deck look so cool.

LunarWolf

From what I can see, it looks like the deck-only version isn't being sold in the US. I'd maybe be interested in it because I usually like smaller cards and like the standard LoS size, but I can see how adding borders (and removing the gilt edges) might make it much less dazzling.

I just checked the Lo Scarabeo site, and the Tarot Illuminati is out of stock. I guess that answers the question of whether I should order it or not ;-) I'll probably order it if it comes to a U.S. publisher, but can use my original deck until then.

Le Fanu

I didn't realize the smaller, standard sized deck was available. I looked on Barnes & Noble and Amazon, and don't see the standard edition. Where did you order it?
I'm in Europe. Here you see it in various stockists.

I'm so happy with the boxed up gilt-edged borderless one, I just use that one.

Madrigal

Individual Illuminati Deck Study?

Are there enough of us who like this deck to do this? Anyone interested? I don't see it listed under the IDS section.

Gillyboo

Sumptuous and innovative

I just received my copy of the deck and goodness me, it's delicious. I had some of the print issues that others had experienced, and while purchased at Amazon, Llewelyn resolved the matter promptly (very impressive) with only a phone call.

After reading through the pre-release threads here, the strong reactions make me wonder if this deck was just somewhat ahead of its time?

There was a chair made of this stretchy reptilian-type mesh that was initially rejected by the public. People felt the new space age material unsettling and rejected it. Then, when the chair sat in the market for a while, it gradually became more and more (ultimately quite) popular and continues to be an office standard. I think people just had to get their heads around this initially foreign object.

I think of this deck in the same way. It's just so different from what people are used to seeing that it created a lot of brouhaha and strong responses. It has wandered into leading edge design (and the feedback resists this format, from anatomical comments to reactions to intense color, etc. - comparing it to the current paradigm). Strong responses, to me, mean something's definitely there.

I love the multi-cultural aspect of the suits, particularly the pentacles. And the opulence of each card takes me away on a journey; I find myself literally wandering in the cards. The colors are rich and intoxicating and full of dense imagery that invites one to hunker down and really scan each element of the card.

In response to an earlier question, I would love to participate in a study group if anyone else is game - ?