Mah Jongg Deck

astralphoenix

About 18 years ago, I was given an unusual deck by my first husband. It is based on the Mah Jong. Artistically it is stunning, and for accuracy it is spot on. I am interested if anyone else has this deck as I have yet to meet anybody that has it. I have never been able to do readings without the book as I don't use it on a professional level only for myself and close friends.

I have not seen this deck since and have no idea where my first hubbie got it from.

blessings

Rosanne

Hi Astralphoenix- there is a fortune tellers Mah Jongg deck listed on AT's Decks Listings. It was put out by Vikings press and has 152 Cards. I have a similiar one, but have never used it for reading with. For playing a card game that came with the instructions- much like 500. The one on this site looks prettier than mine. ~Rosanne

astralphoenix

Thanks roseanne, I will have a look at that. Your deck does sound similiar to mine. 152 cards does sound about right. Did yours come with a red coloured book as well?

blessings

Rosanne

Yes it does and I think it is from about 85 from memory. ~Rosanne

astralphoenix

That would be about the same time I got it as well Rosanne. I like how the cards are repeated in this deck, it really enforces the message when you get more than one of the same card.

I did a reading for myself about 18months ago. It basically warned me about burning the candle at both ends as the fire card was repeated more than once. A week later my hubbie to be, became seriously ill with a virus which affected his heart and consequently ended up in hospital for 8 days, plus he had pnuemonia on top of it.
If I had been more practiced with this deck I may have realised that it was talking about him and not me.
I still have trouble linking all the cards together even though I know most of the meanings of the cards.
Any advice would be helpful as I would love to get to know this deck better.

blessings

NightWing

Mah Jong Deck

I have this deck in my collection. It came a few years ago in a special order from a dealer in Britain. I bought it primarily for the art and the novelty of the idea, but have yet to seriously use it for readings. It was kind of an offshoot of my interest in the Chinese game played with tiles. Perhaps now I will get more into it, having been reminded. Mine also came with the red hardcover book.

Its nice to hear that others out there have it and are even using it!

SpiritOfTheDogz

Got this deck a few days ago and I love it, possibly the best deck I've ever worked with, although to check its accuracy properly i will have to wait a while and see what happens, but it does feel good, very good and very inspitational.
When I first read reviews of the deck i heard comments about the cards been very small and i thought this would be a problem with me likeing big cards but how wrong was I, these work fine being small, especially as there are so many of them. One thing i would like to make a comment on, is the thickness of the card, very thin and I don't believe these are cards that will last very long until they are worn out.

Paul

motsa

RE: the sturdiness of the cardstock, I've had this deck since 1994 (I know the Aeclectic page says they were published in 2001 but they were actually originally published in 1988 and last reprinted in 2001) during which time the deck has been used (and misused) a lot and the cards look as good as they did when I first bought it.

souljourney

I would love one of these decks. My grandmother played Mah Jong every single week with her friends. I have her set, but never learned to play. I think having and learning to use these cards would be a neat melding of her interest and mine. Kind of help keep her memory around even more.