Me, my Dad, Paganism, and TV Documentaries...

Kiama

This is the latest news inthe ever growing drama that is my life...

Lets start at the start. Established fact #1: I write stuff for a Pagan parenting magazine called Triple Spiral.

Established fact #2: I've bee trying to work out how to tell my Dad that I'm Pagan for quite a while now.

Right, today I got a phone call from the editor of the magazine I write for. She said that a woman from October Films had contacted her, looking for people to be involved in the documentary she is working on, about family dynamics and the generation gap between teenagers and their parents. She is looking for either Pagan parents, or Pagan teenagers with non-Pagan parents. I said yes, I'd talk to my Mum and see if she was okay with doing this.

I was on the phone to Mum, and she said it would be okay with her, and she thought Dad wouldn't mind either. I was confused: But, Dad doesn't know I'm Pagan, does he? Well, she said... He dosn't know the full in's and out's of it, but he knows. How? How does he know? He just guessed, she said....

So, I have spoken alot with this documentary woman, and discussed what it's about, and she asked me some questions, then said she'd give me a call after she's met up with her producer, and arrange a meetng with me and my family...

So, it turns out that after all my worrying and deliberating, my Dad already knew about my religion. After two years of torturing myself over all this, he knows.

He knows. And we're gonna be on TV about all this. It's certainly going to be an experience....

Kiama *Breathing a huge sigh of relief*

cj

Kiama (30 Nov, 2001 08:28):

Pretty wierd.. Parents Know ALL....

I am SOOOOO happy for you (dad and the documentary).

Keep us informed about the documentary...

cj

jade

it's amazing how the Goddess works sometimes.

you wanted to know how to tell him...and you found out that he knows.....and that you can discover how he feels thru this experience.

great news!

love
jade

blue

Sounds like fate worked that out rather nicely on your behalf. I've noticed that worried is usually a less effective problem solving tool than faith.

If you ever thought you needed something to lend validity to your beliefs in your father's eyes, you certainly got it.

fairyhedgehog

I'm really pleased for you, Kiama.

What a wonderful way to find out your Dad knows and to work through this together.

I hope you'll keep us informed about how it all goes.

With very best wishes,

FH

catlin

See, Kiama, all is well that ends well : D :D

purplelady

Could be that your mom told your dad?
And you're going to be on T.V. wow!
Maybe you want to talk with dad Before T.V.
Unless you want your first talk about being pagan with your dad on T.V ?

Kaz

let us know when it will be on the telly, here in Holland we do get BBC1 and 2.

Kaz

Rhiannon

Kiama,

To stroll into another of your topics for a sec...

You should get admitted to any college of your choice on "intriguing post titles" alone!

Any chance we'll get to see the documentary here in the U.S.? Hope so! Sounds kewl!

Rhiannon :)

New River

Kiama, your life really seems like such a whirl!

i'm so glad you share this stuff with us. this could have the effect of bringing you and your dad closer and more willing to share in the future.

after all, paganism is pretty interesting stuff.......

this is really cool and i hope you'll have fun with it and i Know you'll keep us Posted!

lights, camera, action, New River