Mercury, retrogradeness (schedules, automobiles, recreation)

214red

i feel for people in this thread who mercury has hit you hard, my phone issue seems lame in comparison, roll on sept 14th

DarkElectric

FaireMaiden said:
I'm so sorry for your loss, DarkElectric, {{{hugs hugs hugs}}}. You've had quite a go with this Mercury Rx, *sigh*.

Alas, I don't think the Mercury Rx can be construed as being responsible for your break-up, other than perhaps activating what was already promised in the Chart. That 'Chart' would be a Chart set-up for the time you and your boyfriend began your 'exclusive' relationship.

Usually, in such a Chart, we would look at the 7th House of Marriage, but in your case, it sounds like yours was an 'unbonded' relationship, so we would look at the 5th House of love affairs instead.

Since the 4th house from any House tells the tale as the 'End of the Matter', you would look at the 8th House to tell how your unbonded relationship will end... 5th House beginning, 6, 7, 8th House ending.

If it was a Marriage, represented by the 7th House, the 'End of the Matter' 10th House would be the House to look at as to how the Marriage will end... 7th House beginning, 8, 9, 10th House ending.

You would set-up this Chart for the day you guys decided you were exclusive to one another. Check what was going on, especially in regards to the 5th House, then check the 8th House to see in what way the relationship would end. You might just find that Mercury activates that 8th House of endings.

Of course, all this leads one down the rabbit-hole that is Astrology, *lol*. You could very well Progress both your Natal Charts to the day you became exclusive to each other to see what and where each of you were at when beginning this journey together.

As well, you could set-up a 'Composite Chart', (a Chart that blends both your Natal Charts into one), for the day you began your journey together. This will also give some insight as to the relationship itself, the 5th House of beginning, to the 8th House of ending.

You could then take the 'Composite Chart' and Progress it to the day you ended your relationship and see what's what there.

All will give little clues and insights regarding your relationship.

Alas, all Retrogrades have inherent in their scheme the adage of going back to 'try, try again'. You may not find that it's 'OVER over', but may want to go back and try again once the Mercury Rx goes direct on Sept 12th and out of 'Storm' on the 17th.

Take good care of yourself, lass... you've been under a lot of pressure of late. If you can manage it, baths are a good way to not only relax, but soak away some of that negative energy and send it down the drain. Epsom Salts baths are notoriously good for this... the salts really soak that negative energy up.

Fragrance helps to... incense might be a good thing to keep burning right now.

Also, if you're into flower remedies, such as Bach, they would also be a good thing to imbibe. They can usually be found at your local health-food store.

Dear, dear Faire.
Thank you so much for this.
Our relationship was a 'bonded" relationship, or was supposed to be. A "marriage of the soul", and was allegedly going to culminate in a legal marriage later on, albeit I now know that he had no intention of ever solidifying this, as he was looking for excuses not to.

As far as charts go, I would have as good a chance to try to read Japanese, as I would understanding the houses, etc. :(
I can't even remember at the moment the day we decided to become exclusive to each other, because I'm so physically ill from this whole thing ( the detoxing has begun) that I'm spaced out, and having stomach trouble in a major way.

Incense is a good idea. I have some amazing Omani frankincense that I can burn. It's so purifying.
Don't have epsom salts, but I can buy some.
Bach flower remedies I can get at Whole Foods. :)

To be honest, I don't want to try again, unless he feels that I'm worth it to work on his issues, and judging from his communications with me concerning this, all he wants to do blame me for everything, behave in an abusive, manipulative manner, and beat me over the head with dead issues. I've come to the conclusion that he has too many problems, too much baggage, and is more than just a tad insincere.
I want to heal and move on, and find a new person with whom I can share a loving, healthy relationship.
Maybe this Mercury retrograde was actually my friend here, by bringing these old, obviously longstanding problems to light, and showing me that this is not what I want.

FaireMaiden

DarkElectric said:
Our relationship was a 'bonded" relationship, or was supposed to be. A "marriage of the soul", and was allegedly going to culminate in a legal marriage later on, albeit I now know that he had no intention of ever solidifying this, as he was looking for excuses not to.
A 'marriage of the soul' is a very romantic notion indeed!, but in the world of astrology, unless you have a piece of paper with both your signatures on it that has been filed with the Court, it's considered an 'unbonded' relationship.

I wouldn't know about his intentions. He may, at first, had such intentions. But, as we all know, as time wears on, the romance wears off!, while the every day 'cycles of life' ensue. We rely far less on the 'lover' aspect of relationship, and far more on the 'best friend and helpmate' aspect of relationship... such is 'marriage'.

DarkElectric said:
As far as charts go, I would have as good a chance to try to read Japanese, as I would understanding the houses, etc. :(
Well, you're here now, in the astrology section. Perhaps the gods are giving you a 'nod', a 'nudge', in this direction. After two failed marriages myself, I finally 'got it', and went to an astrologer concerning my third marriage. It was a 'go', so we got married, and we're happy as clams over here, *s*

It was also my wake-up call to learn astrology myself... so, a double blessing.

DarkElectric said:
I can't even remember at the moment the day we decided to become exclusive to each other, because I'm so physically ill from this whole thing ( the detoxing has begun) that I'm spaced out, and having stomach trouble in a major way.
{{{hugs hugs hugs}}} Aye... it's all just too much right now. But when all has settled-down, for, 'this too shall pass', get yourself the 'Daily Planetary Guide' I suggested above and start writing down just what goes on from day to day, making a special note as to the 'time' things happen. It's like an astrological diary of how astrology is affecting your life and, in time, will help in your being able to see the 'patterns', both good and bad, unfolding.

DarkElectric said:
Incense is a good idea. I have some amazing Omani frankincense that I can burn. It's so purifying. Don't have epsom salts, but I can buy some. Bach flower remedies I can get at Whole Foods. :)
'Willow' is good for resentment.
'Bleeding Heart' releases painful emotional attachments.
'Honeysuckle' is good for letting go of the past.

DarkElectric said:
To be honest, I don't want to try again, unless he feels that I'm worth it to work on his issues, and judging from his communications with me concerning this, all he wants to do blame me for everything, behave in an abusive, manipulative manner, and beat me over the head with dead issues. I've come to the conclusion that he has too many problems, too much baggage, and is more than just a tad insincere.

I want to heal and move on, and find a new person with whom I can share a loving, healthy relationship.

Then, let the tears flow, lass... all that emotion has got to come out. Alongside this, let the healing process begin.

DarkElectric said:
Maybe this Mercury retrograde was actually my friend here, by bringing these old, obviously longstanding problems to light, and showing me that this is not what I want.
That is quite the best way to see this whole thing. It sounds just too trite, but it is true nonetheless... when one door closes, another opens. I, too, believe Spirit has someone better for you in mind. After the tears, the next best thing to do is start screaming to the universe, 'NEXT!', *lol*.

AmethystEyes

And my sister couldn't get her DVD player working when I went to visit :\

Sagefire

Interesting to read the different goings on. I've been feelin the astro vibe recently, I don't normally peruse this forum. :heart: Actually I've been researching retrogrades a lot recently, as they appear in one's natal chart. I, like one in five people, was born under a retrograde mercury (in Leo). I have heard various things about how these retrogrades are supposed to effect me, and so far this time I have noticed that:

When Mercury is Direct, people have this uncanny ability to misunderstand what I say and what I mean.. Now with Mercury being Rx, I find myself understood with crystal, nay shattering, clarity. Have to ease off on the gas pedal so to speak.

Does anyone else share this lovely characteristic with me? Does anyone know any more about retrogrades at time of birth? Any discussion would be groovy. :D

LavenderLibra

Our latest; we worked all day on our house--I was in charge of insulation, husband did drywall. I was so proud that I got so much done. I came home, jumped in the shower, turned the faucet:
NO !@#* WATER! There was a major leak supplying our road, and it appears it took them much longer to fix it than they thought. It came on sometime between 4:30 & 5:30 am. :( I had to go to bed with the insulation making me scratch and feel miserable.

I don't know if that falls under Mercury Retrograde, but it was another in a line of things that have went WRONG the last couple of weeks.

medicinalfrog

I thought being a Virgo, the retrograde would hit me hard; Mercury being my main planet and such, but honestly things have been wonderful.

I've moved and feel so happy and excited about it. I am going back to school. I have been working on myself and starting the processes of some healing I've needed for a long time. My car is running fine, my phone bill is paid and my phone is working! I have internet again and less negative influences in my life.

It saddens me to see so many bad things happening, when my retrograde is going solidly amazing.

I never expected it to go this well though actually.

FaireMaiden

LavenderLibra said:
Our latest; we worked all day on our house--I was in charge of insulation, husband did drywall. I was so proud that I got so much done. I came home, jumped in the shower, turned the faucet: NO !@#* WATER! There was a major leak supplying our road, and it appears it took them much longer to fix it than they thought. It came on sometime between 4:30 & 5:30 am. :( I had to go to bed with the insulation making me scratch and feel miserable.

I don't know if that falls under Mercury Retrograde, but it was another in a line of things that have went WRONG the last couple of weeks.
Geez, what a horror... going to bed all scratchy with that stuff on you. I dare say, I'm so high-strung there would have been no sleep for me that night!

Yesterday, our phone went kaflooey, (Tues Sept 7-10). It's a land-line phone at our home-office desk. Couldn't make a call out, couldn't receive incoming calls. Everytime the phone rang, we had to jump up and go answer in the bedroom! *lol*.

Today? It's working just fine... go figure, *lol*.

FaireMaiden

medicinalfrog said:
I thought being a Virgo, the retrograde would hit me hard; Mercury being my main planet and such, but honestly things have been wonderful.

I've moved and feel so happy and excited about it. I am going back to school. I have been working on myself and starting the processes of some healing I've needed for a long time. My car is running fine, my phone bill is paid and my phone is working! I have internet again and less negative influences in my life.

It saddens me to see so many bad things happening, when my retrograde is going solidly amazing.

I never expected it to go this well though actually.
Finally, a nice Mercury Rx story, *lol*.

I dare say, you have other stuff going on right now that is overriding the Rx... good for you!!! With so much positive, check your Chart, (Natal, Progressed, Transit), and make note of the configurations that are blessing you, especially the Solstice Points as they mark 'turning points' in our life... keep it as a reference in your files, *s*.

FaireMaiden

Sagefire said:
Interesting to read the different goings on. I've been feelin the astro vibe recently, I don't normally peruse this forum. :heart: Actually I've been researching retrogrades a lot recently, as they appear in one's natal chart. I, like one in five people, was born under a retrograde mercury (in Leo). I have heard various things about how these retrogrades are supposed to effect me, and so far this time I have noticed that:

When Mercury is Direct, people have this uncanny ability to misunderstand what I say and what I mean.. Now with Mercury being Rx, I find myself understood with crystal, nay shattering, clarity. Have to ease off on the gas pedal so to speak.

Does anyone else share this lovely characteristic with me? Does anyone know any more about retrogrades at time of birth? Any discussion would be groovy. :D
Both my husband and sister have Mercury Rx natally... and both are smart as the dickens.

Retrogrades are known as a 'try, try again' placement. Having it in Mercury would mean that you have to explain yourself again and again in order to be understood. I find this true of my husband and sister above. It frustrates them to no end. Personally, I think it's Spirit's way of making them slow-down, and really learn how to communicate their brilliance to others who are not so endowed with such intellectual superiority. And, yes, they both have a tendency to be a little arrogant about their mental capabilities.

For my husband, his Mercury Rx is in the 11th House, so he's repeatedly explaining himself to friends and collegues; as well as to people of no real consequence... like a waitress... he'll have to repeat his order 3 times before she 'gets it', *lol. My sister's, however, is in the 6th House... she's always having to repeatedly explain stuff to her employees! Alas, her Mercury Rx trines her MC, so she doesn't have to do this with her superiors, *s*.